It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what is everyone that is having one choosing to have for their christmas dinner?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I always go and eat sushi on xmas day.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
If all goes right, I'll eat at three places. I'm not sure about what my sister in law's grandparents or my sister are having but at we're having venison steaks at my mom's.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This year, Teikiatsu and I are planning on a lamb roast. We picked that up at the butcher this morning. We are currently getting the dried fruit in order so that we can begin soaking it in brandy, so that tomorrow we can steam the Christmas pudding all day. We picked up the suet for that at the other butcher shop last week.

My mother and my aunt are still arguing over how the dope was made (nutmeg sauce for the pudding; I'm not sure how the family came to call it dope). Teikiatsu and I are pondering whether or not the whiskey sauce that goes over bread pudding might not be a good thing to put over the steamed pudding too.

I have never attempted to make traditional Christmas pudding as it was something my grandmother made occasionally, and my mother has never recovered my grandmother's recipe (mom doesn't care for it, but I do).

As for side dishes ... we haven't gotten that far. Likely potatoes using the lamb drippings somehow. And I might try to sell the idea of some kind of brussel sprout hash since I haven't had those in a while.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
Are the Bumpus hounds going to eat your turkey?

Sorry, dumb joke.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

It's like it's become a tradition

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific
a reply to: Trueman

Don't you encourage him!!!

Since we don't know if he's a good cook, giving alternatives to save the party.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hey that's exactly what we're having on Christmas!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Goose with all the trimmings.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Maybe Seafood, seafood with some type of soup..

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Trust me i have put on weight since I met him, he can cook. So I have high hopes for this dinner. I have just calculated the costs for budgeting and my mouth is watering filling out the spreadsheet.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Blessed to be working on Xmas..... SlimJims, Doritos and coffee.
edit on 19-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I am preying to the reduce to clear fairy for a goose.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Wait, a whole turkey for $1.40??

Yep, Turkey is only really eaten here at christmas so on christmas eve they just want the excess gone and they reduce them down to almost nothing.

It is a gamble but one that almost nearly always works out and you never know if your having beef, turkey, goose or lamb!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The best part of the holidays is all of the yummy food! Seriously can not wait to stuff my face!

Hosting Christmas dinner this year and am making a brown sugar ham, spinach and potato gratin, roasted vegetables with Parmesan and breadcrumbs, salad with pomegranate, goat cheese and toasted walnuts.

For dessert it's a Meyer lemon cheesecake with Meyer lemon curd drizzled over top.

There will also be lots of gluten free bread from the best gluten free bakery around, and pumpkin pie!

Having celiac can make it a little difficult and dangerous around the holidays. The first year after diagnosis I had an iceberg lettuce salad with thousand island dressing for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now that I'm hosting, it's possible to make a full on holiday meal that's gluten free and delicious!

So excited!!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

My all time favorite pasta dish,yum,lasagna with
salad,garlic bread sticks...maybe some cheesecake
afterwards!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Quarter pounder with cheese and a Diet Coke.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have my children for the first time in three years for Christmas. My boy wants burritos and my girl wants Kraft dinner. My girlfriend's son wants pepperoni pizza and her daughter wants in on the burrito action. When I cook up Mexican, I don't fool around. The Chile Verde pork, carne asana, and fresh refried beans coupled with queso and all the trimmings...so to recap the Owlbear Family Christmas dinner will be:

Pepperoni pizza
Kraft dinner (Mac and cheese, blue box, I've adopted the Canadian pronunciation, though)
And a killer Burrito, taco, nacho spread.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

A lot of people only eat a whole turkey here for Christmas or Thanksgiving.

We watch for when they sell the bone-in breasts for about $1.50/lb and then we'll buy and roast those.

What you never see here in the stores is goose. You can find duck though.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah. I can honestly say I have never eaten goose. Geese are mean nasty creatures and I always imagined them tasting as bitter as their attitude.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Are you the one getting goosed or are you doing the goosing?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join