It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 Election is showing that money may not buy the next election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is gearing up to be the 5 billion dollar election. After the vote passed on 2002 for the ability for 'soft money' to come from big corporations the last 2 elections seemed to be spend it and win it. Seems that is turned upside down this year.

In 1st place is Jeb Bush and has raised over 125,000,000 dollars with the majority coming from PAC's. He currently polls at about 3%.

In 12th place in fundraising is Donald Trump, with about 6,000,000 raised with less than 3.7 million coming from unsolicited donations. No PACS. He is currently polling at over 35% which is more than twice as much as the 3rd highest donation receiver Ted Cruz.

This shows that money is not the major influence in this election currently. Jeb is pouring millions to smear the leader and each time he does, the opposition all climbs in the polls.

It will be interesting to watch in the next 3 months where all of the money will go and who will be backed. Major backers seem to be moving away from Jeb and some even suggesting that they will back a Democrat instead of promoting their own ideals. It is showing that those who want to control the country are using the money but it is not working.

My question is, if someone gave you a check for 100 dollars and said choose a candidate, where would you send it?

LINK TO AMOUNTS
edit on 12pm31pmf0000002015-12-18T20:42:17-06:000817 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Interesting. Particularly the whole 'smear campaign is actually hurting the person forming the smears' bit.

In the recent Canadian election, the two oppositions constantly smeared the one who actually ended up winning, and the one who ended up winning tried to refrain from the whole smearing bit entirely. He even addressed the issue when he won, saying that 'you don't need to make the other person look bad in order to win'.

Maybe this is a new thing? Playing honest instead slandering could actually aid in the polls.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You really want me to believe that all the presidential election money is above board and accounted for?

(excuse me while I laugh)

(I'm sorry, I'm still laughing)

Whoo! (sweating), I'll bet you think the electronic voting machines are incorruptible, also.
edit on 18-12-2015 by NightFlight because: laughing too hard.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

My question is, if someone gave you a check for 100 dollars and said choose a candidate, where would you send it?

On the Republican side Rand Paul on the Democrat side Bernie Sanders.

One thing this chart leaves out is how much money the candidate themselves are putting into their campaign. So someone like Trump could receive small donations but still buy the election.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

No, that was not the point. It was showing that major donors and PAC's are not accomplishing what they did in 08 and 12. I know that there are tons of 'this candidate does not endorse' who make messages for the left and right but they are all coming from those who are already all in for over 100 million and we are not even in the election year.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I believe it is a part of the shift in consciousness.

With the use of the internet, those who choose to have unplugged from the brainwashing of the MSM.

I am sure I am not the only one who stopped caring about being labeled a "conspiracy theorist" and point out the blatant corruption happening in all levels of government. Ten years ago people did not believe me for a second, now they are witnessing those "theories" becoming law!

An example being the Citizens United legalization of what used to be a "theory" that corporations/the elite own politicians.

I have learned to be tactful with my approach, sharing the information that I am aware of and pointing them in the right direction.

Everyday I see the clear shift in consciousness happening, OP thank you for this thread for it verified it for me today!

S&F
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmFriday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
You may select Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton. Those are the two candidates supported by the Bankers that run the US. They may allow you to have Sanders as a VP with Hillary, but you may not have Trump. They will murder Trump if that is what it takes. After all, who do you people think you are? You will obey/ You will take what is given to you. No exceptions. None.

top topics

join