It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Vote on EU exit to be Summer 2016

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

i fail to see why you are bemused ,millions gave their lifes to keep british law .
when we entered the eu it was for trade only we never agreed to have our laws decided by europe not once.

if we leave the only thing that changes is they can not decide our laws we will still trade as the currency is set up to trade anyway. its a win win situation if the uk leaves, more money for the national health service as we will not have to support
2 corrupt governments,or failed states .
we also have a huge housing problem here with many homeless ,we have our courts being over ridden by brussels even on terrorist security threats enough of this madness .
so i choose not to spit on the dead and return british law to the british

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien

i fail to see why you are bemused ,millions gave their lifes to keep british law .
when we entered the eu it was for trade only we never agreed to have our laws decided by europe not once.

if we leave the only thing that changes is they can not decide our laws we will still trade as the currency is set up to trade anyway. its a win win situation if the uk leaves, more money for the national health service as we will not have to support
2 corrupt governments,or failed states .
we also have a huge housing problem here with many homeless ,we have our courts being over ridden by brussels even on terrorist security threats enough of this madness .
so i choose not to spit on the dead and return british law to the british

Well then you crack on with that then fella.

Good job blaming all those problems on a big bad boogy man called the EU and doing nothing to change the world you live in by your own means.

Your vote is null though as I will cancell it out unless you can form a coherent argument to make me think otherwise.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

why did you even go there,to declare my vote null .
my vote will never be null ,sorry but i need not to convince you i know the feelings on the street and have a large family .
your mind is made up but i will not be diverted from my path and that is to vote out,no behavioural science or media argument
can sway me from my course and i will not deviate ,nor i suspect will you

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The EU is a bloated money guzzling political dark hole. while many of its

members have been having financial problems (Greece, Spain, Portugal

and Italy) there has been little help given them.

The EU's own auditors have failed to give it a clean bill of health for

19yrs

There is no attempt to curtail their spending and fining down any

operational costs.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The farce that is the monthly travelling circus of the 300 mile trek

between Strasbourg and Brussels, specially chartered trains, and the cost

alone of the transporting of plastic containers for their documents

is £250,000!! is ridiculeus. When you take into consideration the

technology at hand to have Internet conferencing!

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien

why did you even go there,to declare my vote null .
my vote will never be null ,sorry but i need not to convince you i know the feelings on the street and have a large family .
your mind is made up but i will not be diverted from my path and that is to vote out,no behavioural science or media argument
can sway me from my course and i will not deviate ,nor i suspect will you
I meant that if you vote out and I vote in then we simply cancell each other out, hense a null vote.

If you really want to effect change you must be prepeared to take the time to try and sway those who oppose you in your favour.

Simply voting out may likley not be enough for you to achieve your desired result.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Another way of looking at it though is it would be a disaster if so many Scots voted to stay in hoping it will trigger another independence referendum and we end up tipping the balance in favour of Cameron to keep UK in EU.

Mind you that could unleash a backlash from rUK against Scotland if we are seen to be forcing them against their wishes.

LOL

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I think most people are in the undecided camp. So will be interesting to hear the pro and against debate. I can't say I'm too fussed about it all tbh. From personal experience I'm more likely to vote to stay. There's no saying I might want to go and live in the eu or work there at some stage. I certainly don't rule the option out. It's certainly good to have the option available.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

I think most people are in the undecided camp. So will be interesting to hear the pro and against debate. I can't say I'm too fussed about it all tbh. From personal experience I'm more likely to vote to stay. There's no saying I might want to go and live in the eu or work there at some stage. I certainly don't rule the option out. It's certainly good to have the option available.

Yep, that was my point to Stu. One vote will change nothing, anyone who is passionate about this either way needs to get there facts figures and debating head on if they hope to get there desired result.

I really do not think they would allown out vote personally the propaghanda will be strong in this one.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific I think business interests will probably dictate a lot of people's decisions, Europe is still the biggest trading area for a lot of SMEs in the uk. Supporting the livelihoods of millions in the uk. We also have one of the highest amounts of citizens living and working in Europe. More than any other nation. 1.8 million people living in Spain alone, quite happily I imagine.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

a reply to: nonspecific I think business interests will probably dictate a lot of people's decisions, Europe is still the biggest trading area for a lot of SMEs in the uk. Supporting the livelihoods of millions in the uk. We also have one of the highest amounts of citizens living and working in Europe. More than any other nation. 1.8 million people living in Spain alone, quite happily I imagine.

I cannot imagine all the grannies living out there days on the costa del brighton will be voting out.

Who gets to vote btw? In the Scottish referendum it included anyone of any nationality living in Scotland at the time, I have english, spanish, french and Italian friends who all had the right to vote in for Independance.

Does that apply to EU residents currently living in england of UK passport holders only?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Not 100% sure think it's uk citizens only, but could well be wrong

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Trade wont stop on a EU exist. The EU cant afford to stop trade any more than we can. We will just end up in a position like Norway.

In not the trade people have a problem with. Its the POLICTIAL union. People don’t want to be ruled by a another layer of bureaucrats in Brussels. The one in Westminster are enough thank you very much!

As for expats? I really don’t give a #. It at the very bottom of my priority’s. I live in the UK right more so that’s my priority’s. I would be happy for current EU citizen’s to stay in the UK on a exists as immigration for EU citizen’s is again low on my priority’s.

edit on 19-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok well we all have different priorities in life that's why the whole issue, is very low down in my list of priorities for the future of my life.

I can definitely see your point about not wanting closer political integration though. It's one of the better points for staying out.

edit on 19-12-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I can definitely see your point about not wanting closer political integration though. It's one of the better points for staying out.

That’s pretty much my only reason.

I’m a decentralist at heart. Giving political power to Brussels flys in the face of that. Plus having two layers of government and bureaucrats seems a recipe for disaster.

The trade and even free movement (For EU citizens) I have no issue with.

The other things is mad Merkal making unilateral decisions like opening the borders to any and all refugees.
Now I do think we need to be helping refugee dont get me wrong. But it needs to be done in a controlled and sensible way to make sure our security’s held in tact and infrastructure not overloaded. On top of that you have the southen EU countrys like Greece and Italy that are corrupt to the very core and are barely staying afloat with bad spending habbits and just out right corruption at every level, I dont want to be tied to countrys like that.

Our politicans might be a rotton lot but they are our rotton lot. I dont want the mad and insane decsions from other European countrys hitting us too.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'll vote out without a second's hesitation.

But I think we're kidding ourselves that the referendum will amount to more than a public display of goodwill. They've got it all stitched up, it's a done deal.

We've been given our instructions to stay in by the POTUS and the Chinese president. The wants and needs of the British public are pretty low priority.

As they always have been.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I am in two minds about the EU referendum, but I think I agree with you. After the debacle that was the indyref, where hundreds of votes were said to be found in a bin, I don't expect that anything we the public have to say on the matter will be considered.
I think it's probably been decided already.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

No evidence of irregularities were found in the Scottish Referendum, though I'm sure the myth will continue with the "we were robbed" nationalists.

The Conservatives like referenda on big issues, something Labour never managed to do. I think there is an appetite in the UK to get this question answered, but I also think that there is a growing popular discontent in many European countries around the EU and the de facto role Merkel is playing as the European President.

I am a Europhile AND a person who wants to retain national identity. The unceasing march towards a European Superstate needs to be properly constrained because people never signed up to it. I wholeheartedly support a renegotiated aspect to membership and I imagine where the UK treads others will follow.

It's not all about welfare and immigration, it's about democracy and recognising that national governments should be preeminent.

I also think Europe does some things really well.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Over 90,000 people asked for a recount and it was refused. Hell, it was even announced beforehand the vote- 'there will be no recount!'.

That thing was rigged and I will believe that until my dying day. Hopefully I will still be alive when the truth is revealed, ideally right here on ATS.

I am a Europhile AND a person who wants to retain national identity. The unceasing march towards a European Superstate needs to be properly constrained because people never signed up to it. I wholeheartedly support a renegotiated aspect to membership and I imagine where the UK treads others will follow.

And this is where I can agree with you wholeheartedly. I don't know if that makes us idealists or naive.
That's an interesting point you raise and one I hadn't given much thought to. If Cameron is successful in renegotiating terms, which countries would follow suit? The thought of Cameron inspiring anyone is new to me, I'll happily admit that, but might he just do that?

The march towards a European superstate is putting people off, unquestionably. We're quite able to manage ourselves (but indyref 2 might happen sooner than we think
) in the UK, we don't need as much interference from Brussels.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
Over 90,000 people asked for a recount and it was refused. Hell, it was even announced beforehand the vote- 'there will be no recount!'.

Er, just because 90,000 people could not believe that the majority living in Scotland actually did not want to leave the Union does not mean that the referendum was fraudulent and rigged. All those thosands of officials are complicit.

But hey, that's off topic. On topic is the forthcoming referndum on membership of the European Union, which will no doubt be rigged just like the General Election. It seems to me the losers always complain things are rigged. but cannot come up with a plausible explanation as to how this can be done when there are such strict independently run procesess.

www.electoralcommission.org.uk... ndum

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: gortex

Hmmm. If Scotland has a majority vote to stay and England votes mainly no, would that trigger a new independence referendum? Or would it be a UK vote, so figures are taken from the UK as a whole?

In that case I would like it to trigger another independence referendum - that of London leaving England. It is sufficiently different from the rest of England that the it should have its own voice.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join