It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's step up, fellow members. We are better than this.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Of course.

It is just an amazing coincidence that you happened to use the exact same slogan and rhetoric as this new AstroTurf roots campaign orchestrated by the left.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Thank you, Benevolent - I've created somewhat ignorant posts in the past that you've disagreed with, but if you've ever followed those posts to the end, I do TRY to come out of a discussion with a better mentality than I started with on any given topic.

I actually did notice that. I've given you a pretty hard time in the past, but then I realized that you seem to be a person of depth. So, I've been ignorant, too. Sorry 'bout that.

Threads like this make me realize why I keep coming back to ATS.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Honestly not for your benefit but for the benefit of those reading this thread, I will clarify some things.

Personally? I'm very conservative. I'm christian, I'm pro life, I don't believe being gay is natural, I don't agree with people that do drugs, I believe in angels and prayer and karma and morality as defined by some religions - BUT these are my personal beliefs, not to be forced upon others.

If I were a senator? I'd VOTE pro-choice, pro-gay, I'd ensure separation of church and state, I'd decriminalize most if not all drugs.

Don't assume things about me. I have no idea what the fuzz you're talking about with this AstroTurf stuff, and I will no longer address any of your replies that are along said topic.

I literally have thread titles such as:

"I HATE DEMOCRATS"
and
"Creationism should be taught in schools along side other theories"

and other threads ranting about abortions, drugs, etc and how I believed people should not receive aid when they mess up.

I've since attempted to adopt a more mature mindset, but I am by no means a progressive liberal.
edit on 18-12-2015 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

This is AMERICA, not some European sissy like Canada!!!

Well then, all us sissies will just sit back and enjoy the bread and circuses.

Thanks for the free entertainment !

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

All good! I'm here to learn - If that takes a swift kick rather than some gentle words, so be it.

I sometimes wonder why I keep coming back to ATS, and part of it is I know of no other place like this - But honestly I have become attached to looking at the latest news here, seeing the opinions of others and being able to form my own based off a wide variety of people rather than biased/partisan news channels. That's probably one of the biggest reasons.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

This is AMERICA, not some European sissy like Canada!!!

Well then, all us sissies will just sit back and enjoy the bread and circuses.

Thanks for the free entertainment !

My pleasure amigo....

Pumpernickle and the fatlady singing her heart out. I wish I could put some faith back in the species like deadlyhope but we are not improving as a culture or society. Therefore I'm forced to embrace the nihilistic/dystopean mode and watch civilizations rush to the apocalypse.

My solace is surreal dumbass humor. If I look at reality in anyother way; I start weeping and can't seem to stop.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Yah, thats great, work together, expose the lies, uncover the truth and all that. Except theres those whose role and agenda is to cover up the truth, hide the evidence and tell lies to distract and confuse the issue.

Its less about getting to the bottom of it than sifting through all the muck in the hole, trying to catch a glimpse of the bottom.

You say you haven't posted in a while, the internet is changing. One example right here, is the way certain members turned this into a football thread out the gate.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

The only thing that Alex Jones has ever said that I 100% agree with is that there is a war on your mind.

Who is Alex Jones? and for a second I thought you were referring to Aled Jones, and I was like, what has a welsh singer said to affect you so much? I know he does a Sunday Radio 2 shoe, but still..

The Snowman maybe, but Syria? *Satirical tone*

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

My solace is surreal dumbass humor. If I look at reality in anyother way; I start weeping and can't seem to stop.

I hear ya.

I caught on to your sarcastic dry humour right away... probably because my mindset is much the same as yours.

Humour seems to be the only comfort in this mad mad mad mad world these days.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I noticed that, too.. I actually messaged the mods asking for those posts to be removed, as they had absolutely nothing at all to do with my post, and just distracted to an entirely different subject. I've had it done on a couple of threads, were someone will instantly try to derail it with some random off the wall post.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

What a shock.

The deceptive social justice warrior is screaming for censorship of diverse opinions and evidence that exposes their sham.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

It's really a shame that someone can't come on ATS and ask for civility without being attacked as being a liberal social justice warrior, deceptive and a sham artist.

I couldn't live with myself if I were so full of hatred and anger...

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You must be projecting.

No hate here.

Just facts and evidence or "hate facts" as they are known by social justice warriors and their ilk.

Why are you attacking me?

I am not the one trying to censor and silence other people's opinions.

I am not the one posing as morally superior to others.

I am not the one deceptively pretending to post original ideas that have been pre-packaged by others.

edit on 18-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Thank you for replying to them, I refuse to argue back and forth with them.

If anyone has any questions at all, feel free to ask me instead of making assumptions. I will clarify anything someone would like, not in the spirit of being passive and defensive, but to be clear - to ensure I am representing myself to the best of my ability, we cannot have an open an honest discussion if there's no discussion at all.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

The only thing that Alex Jones has ever said that I 100% agree with is that there is a war on your mind.
Who is Alex Jones? and for a second I thought you were referring to Aled Jones, and I was like, what has a welsh singer said to affect you so much? I know he does a Sunday Radio 2 shoe, but still..

The Snowman maybe, but Syria? *Satirical tone*

What a load of bollocks. I don't appreciate being so obviously trolled. You're the second person to distract from my point by making it all about Alex Jones.

My point was the message, not the messenger.
edit on 18-12-2015 by Wide-Eyes because: quote fail

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Them?

He replied to one individual. Me.

You really have bought into the whole "we, us, them" mentality hook, line and sinker.

Them?

This seems like an attempt to paint some percieved group with a "broad brush" and marginalize or dismiss "Them" entirely.

This seems to come from a place of hate and contempt.

This seems ironic and hypocritical to your original post.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Yeah, the message applies to a lot of us - Doesn't matter the face or the name that uses it as a motto - War and chaos and violence and unrest are in so many minds these days - My argument is that it doesn't have to be. I'm not saying we should put our heads in the sand, but let's look at reality - How many of us experience the terrible things the media reports on? I mean directly - Obviously we all might be/could be filled to the brim with what the media wants us to be, but in the real world? On the streets? .... I get along with everyone. There's not as much contention, there's not as much unrest.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I'm referring to the psychological warfare, not the physical.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Again, replying to you for the sake of others, and to be clear.

"them" is a common term used when you do not know a person. I don't know your name, or gender, or what you prefer to be called. Also, Benevolent is a lady, I believe- Shows you exactly why I use the expression "them"

I don't even know who you identify with, or your political stances, or ideas, or opinions. I do not recognize your name from posts I am active in, therefore I cannot be pigeonholing you. We could be very similar, we could be very different - Either way, I respect your beliefs and opinions, the only one I KNOW is wrong is your perception of me being some kind of social justice warrior - Look up my post history.

No hate, no contempt. You are slightly frustrating as you won't let anything go - There's nothing here. I am not a part of some group, I do not have some agenda, I do no affiliate with any social justice platform.

Ask me a direct question. I dare you. Ask my stance on something, attempt a conversation with me, try to communicate directly with me.

I also have a post talking about superiority - I go into detail how taking a higher moral road or being more intelligent does not make you a better person, it means that one individual action or attribute may be able to be deemed as positive, but not a person as a whole. I've always thought everyone being equal, rich and poor, all different ethnicities, religions, etc - NO I do not believe said equality needs to be legislated into existence. I do not believe in forcing people to behave a certain way else threatening them is okay. I simply believe all men to be children of God, therefore all equal in the most basic and natural way possible. I am not greater than you, I will never say or believe that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join