It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your reaction to this Russian song?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'm curious, because everyone I show this song/video to, gets really uncomfortable.

вечная весна в одиночной камере = vechnaya vesna v odinochnoi kamere = an eternal spring spent in solitary confinement.

Watch the video, listen to the song. Does it make you uncomfortable?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepThoughtCriminal

Does it make you uncomfortable?

Yes, the guy singing makes me uncomfortable but the video makes me hopeful. Mankind can survive all types of hardships. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown
It's Russian!! Boo!! Bad Russia.

Listening now. Not for me.
What type is it?

edit on 18-12-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Hopeful? Okay, that's interesting. Never heard anyone say it was hopeful. Is it really good to survive where you have to beg on the streets for a living because you're too crippled to work after you've fought for your country and receive nothing in return? Such is life, but hey, I never would have even thought about hope if you hadn't mentioned it. You kind spun me out a bit here. Now of course I can see the hopeful aspect, though it's new to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Refection on Soviet era, (1980 appears on a grave stone). Abject poverty, handicapped and mentally disabled people are uncomfortable everywhere.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Oh ok wow that was nothing what I expected actually I wasn't sure what to expect..
if I heard just the music simply I like it for some reason it sound like a mild Russian Rammstein without the screaming

all up the vibe from the music to the clip it just makes me want say ... "we are all humans who breath drink eat s*** sleep.. What else can be expected of us other then.. u do what you do with what you have"

of course there can be million things said but for me it just stop there

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Hopeful? Okay, that's interesting. Never heard anyone say it was hopeful. Is it really good to survive where you have to beg on the streets for a living because you're too crippled to work after you've fought for your country and receive nothing in return? Such is life, but hey, I never would have even thought about hope if you hadn't mentioned it. You kind spun me out a bit here. Now of course I can see the hopeful aspect, though it's new to me.

I prefer to find the positive aspect in things if possible. But one thing I've learned from all my years is that we (humans) are bullet proof. If the downtrodden Russian People's Will to exist can't be extinguished, and that isn't a testament to that bulletproofness, I don't know what is...

Those souls came here to experience life, good or bad and they made it through a tough time - a very, very tough time. They show me that no matter what happens - look - I made it, I survived, you will too. That could very well have been their mission, a mission that needs them to show us the way and they volunteered to help. How powerful and bullet proof is that?

We come to this reality to LOVE and learn and the best thing is we cannot be harmed - ever, just inconvenienced perhaps. Then, we come back to learn more. Just like they did, as they are probably already back amongst the living, no worse for the wear but much, much better for the whole of Humanity. There is much more to this world than we think, beloved. Think about goodness as much as possible and eventually that is all We will experience. JMO.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm glad to see Russia is finally modernizing. They finally have black and white film. A few years ago this would have been done with charcoal and tree bark!

There is suffering everywhere. Sad that it looks like New York in the 1800s. Thing is that everyone in that video was basically just made a mockery of. Sure showitin an ad to raise money to help them, but display their horrors so you can sell a song?! I'm not with that. I understand the footage is old so it is to late to fix that, but the production money could have helped feed a bunch of people on its own. Don't try to make me feel we have failed each other, while you are cashing in off others pain.

I don't know the band as they are Russian, if someone points out that all the funds made are going to the homeless or something I will sing their praises.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well the video showed poverty,mental illness and disabilities that I persume could be after fighting for the motherland that ignored them in their time of need

Can't say anything good about the music or singing so won't say anything

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Very sad footage reflecting the realty and in the face of things that have never changed, politics and leaders might but those in need often times, still suffer. Not the song per se that makes me sad unless translated it reflects the imagery.

With some translation from the video comments the song is from a Russian rock group Civil Defense - "Eternal Spring" -1989

English subtitles;
Гражданская Оборона - Вечная Весна (english subs) / Eternal Spring

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Thanks,the lyrics are as bad as the music :-/

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown
There is suffering everywhere. Sad that it looks like New York in the 1800s. Thing is that everyone in that video was basically just made a mockery of. Sure showitin an ad to raise money to help them, but display their horrors so you can sell a song?! I'm not with that.

The video was not shoot for this song. The video comes from a documentary movie: www.youtube.com...
Watch it, it has English subs. While the band is Russian, the video is shoot in Chisinau, Moldova, an Eastern European country.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepThoughtCriminal
I'm curious, because everyone I show this song/video to, gets really uncomfortable.

вечная весна в одиночной камере = vechnaya vesna v odinochnoi kamere = an eternal spring spent in solitary confinement.

Watch the video, listen to the song. Does it make you uncomfortable?

Strange feelings I got after listening... Really feels so uncomfortable!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I feel more that uncomfortable now...

top topics

join