It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enrique Marquez, Ex-Neighbor of San Bernardino Shooters, Charged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Enrique Marquez, the friend and former neighbor of the San Bernardino shooters, has been charged with conspiracy to commit terrorism, illegal purchase of weapons and defrauding immigration authorities.

Enrique Marquez, Ex-Neighbor of San Bernardino Shooters, Charged

Marquez has been charged finally, and it sounds like according to the AP that more charges may be coming. The local jail says he isn't in their facility and they don't know where he's at. Begs the question as to who specifically arrested him and where he's been taken.

This is the only source I could find with an article up, but multiple sources have tweets with "breaking story" tags.

What I find interesting is the conspiracy to commit terrorism charges. Very curious to know how involved he was in the planning of things.

ETA - ah. It says he was involved in planning prior attacks that weren't carried out. So far there's no allegation he was involved in the San Bernardino shooting or planning...
edit on 17-12-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Why is it that they keep playing down that he married into the family? Or why is the fact he purchased the guns used in the shooting being ignored? For all the clamour over gun control it's very telling that the media is ignoring these facts. All of those put together screamed that charges were pending. But not fitting the narrative for the other agendas they get ignored.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It probably doesn't surprise too many people. Who purchases two assault weapons and gives them to their friend? If that isn't telling enough, why did he engage in building pipe bombs with his friend? That's one weird hobby! Personally I would question anyone who had a close relationship with the shooters.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Let's hope Mom Farook is charged next.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
Why is it that they keep playing down that he married into the family? Or why is the fact he purchased the guns used in the shooting being ignored? For all the clamour over gun control it's very telling that the media is ignoring these facts. All of those put together screamed that charges were pending. But not fitting the narrative for the other agendas they get ignored.

His role in purchasing the guns has been a large focal point from most of the reports so far. Cnn has been reporting he told the feds he bought the guns to circumvent the background checks and not leave a paper trail linking the gun purchase to Farook and his wife.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

Well he got charged for the immigration violation in regards to his marriage. He was also charged for making a false statement to acquire firearms.

The gun angle has been mentioned in every single article I've read about him so I'm not sure where you're getting that.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cypress

originally posted by: hangedman13

His role in purchasing the guns has been a large focal point from most of the reports so far. Cnn has been reporting he told the feds he bought the guns to circumvent the background checks and not leave a paper trail linking the gun purchase to Farook and his wife.

What a genius. He didn't want the guns to be traced to the dead terrorists? They might get in trouble when they are dead? Now that he's implicated it's better?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Lock him up and throw away the key.

LIFE without parole.

Aiding and abetting terrorist activity.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I see terrorism (not just violent crime) as having two logical outcomes:
1. You die.
2. You leave the country.
Possibly 3: Both.

Why would we would pay to incarcerate someone forever is beyond me.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

This actually, is in my opinion a very important story-- have you seen the picture of this young man? For me, the addition of this carnivalesque news feature to the SB shootings, feels like another false flag circus..

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Believe half of what you see and none of which you hear. This guy is guilty as sin. I loner and a loser who tried to fit in and was used like a downtown whore during shore leave. Fake marriage. Straw buyer. Now for some attention still after the fact I believe he is stating that he was going to plan an attack with Farook. He wanted his few minutes of fame and he is going to get 20 in Chino with a cellmate named Lucy. At least he has already converted to Islam so he can hang with the brotherhood on the inside.

As far as the mom, I have no idea why she is not yet charged.

edit on 12pm31pmf0000002015-12-18T15:30:37-06:000337 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
So what happened to all the witness statements and reporting that it was done by three tall males? Is that all just getting ignored now to push the new official narrative?

new topics

top topics

join