It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor and Changing timelines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
For those of you who don't know who is John Titor, he was an alleged time traveler from the year 2036.

en.wikipedia.org...

Before I begin, I would like to say I personally believe that John Titor was a hoax.

However, there's one thing that I still bothers me.

Shortly before John Titor left, he wanted to make an experiment and offered people to send messages to their younger selves in 1998. Supposedly John Titor need to go to 1998 for a stop over and from there he will send the messages.

He assured the participants that nothing will affect them and whatever happens, happened in an alternate timeline. But here's what happened:

But when it comes to time travel, you never know what you’re going to get.

Many of the participants who agreed to send messages experienced what have come to be known as “Alter-vús.”

Buildings disappearing, or popping up where they hadn’t been before. Signs changing. Strange dreams.

Disorientation on a temporal scale.

Like time being rewritten before their eyes, something wasn’t quite right. Pamela, herself, claims to have dreamt about a time traveler visiting her in a car in April, 1998. She’d recorded it in a dream journal, but it wasn’t until the arrival of John Titor in 2000, and his ultimate offer to send messages to the past, that she remembered it. Thus, she believes it may have been an “alter-vú.”

And one unfortunate participant claimed he was “losing his mind,” and was allegedly never heard from again.

What could explain these strange experiences? These “Alter-vús?” Were they really caused by John Titor and the messages he sent to the past?

According to Titor’s story, the messages were sent to participants in the past of an entirely different worldline. But worldlines can be close. Perhaps, like echoes (and time travelers), it’s not impossible for events in one to protrude into another.

And perhaps these alternate memories and dreams were vague glimpses into those other worldlines.

It could have, of course, also been a case of hallucination or mass hysteria. However, the experiences reportedly happened independently of one another, and no one seems to claim they were necessarily caused by Titor.

But it’s been eleven years since John Titor allegedly returned to his worldline, and like everything concerning this peculiar mythos, we’ll probably never know the true answer.

source: www.strangerdimensions.com...

From the looks of it, assuming he was real, it sounds like John Titor changed our timeline.

While I want to dismiss this as mass hallucination, a part of me still considered this part of the Titor story unexplained.
edit on 12/17/2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Naaah. Its all about CERN.
After CERN started, people began talking about 'bearenstAin bears' 'No, I'm your father' 'magic mirror on the wall'.

Joke aside, I love the John Titor story. But these claims dont really mean much tbh..
What I find interesting is that John Titor supposedly have a lawyer who knows about all this, but he may not speak about it.
edit on 12/17/2015 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
OK. I read your link and all I see is an undocumented story. Has anyone ever talked with Pamela? Does she exist? Or is just another chapter in a fictional account? It seems to me to simply fit in with the rest of the Titor story--not particularly compelling and no reason to wonder at it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ypperst

Actually this lawyer supposedly have a hand on copyrighting the John Titor story. That to me was a huge red flag. If the story wasn't copyrighted, I'm pretty sure I'll take Titor's claims a lot more seriously.

Interestingly, there was two books and even an anime called Steins' Gate which was based on the Titor story. Whoever copyrighted Titor's story most likely earned a hefty profit from those.

This is the video showing the John Titor copyright document.

a reply to: schuyler

Pamela exists actually, just in another forum.

She was supposedly Titor's closest confidant.

There used to a member in ATS that personally knew her and the member's name is titorite I believe.
edit on 12/17/2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

ok - your alledged " alter -vue " SHOULD affect everyone - think about this carefully
-

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
John Titor story was wildly discussed on ATS back in the days. There are a couple of thread worth perusing due to the great information and insight from some of the members. I'd suggest this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this other one that sees at the subject under the hoax lens:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy the read.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Thanks for posting reference links.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It's a very interesting concept shifting time lines. Plays into the multi-verse theory. I can't help but comment on the mention of Steins Gate, absolutely great Anime. If your a fan of anime or even a time travel enthusiast you should find the story enthralling.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos
Shifting time lines and multi verses are different things I'm art work right now so I can't explain right now, but I'll check in later to explain it

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
Shifting time lines and multi verses are different things I'm art work right now so I can't explain right now, but I'll check in later to explain it

Not exactly. I have found a solution that relies on Special Relativity and which solves the Grandfather paradox. According to this solutions, all multiverses actually share 1 dimension - Time. Going back in time would generate a new multiverse (with alternative history) and thus the two would actually be equivalent.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Seeing as it's all very theoretical why couldn't the various timelines play into multiple layers of reality?

The multiverse is the hypothetical set of infinite or finite possible universes (including the Universe we live in) that together comprise everything that exists. Would that not included the shifted time lines inside of each individual universe?

Or as Swanne put it the new timeline would itself because a seperate universe.

a reply to: DonVoigt

edit on 17-12-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Multiverses are all the possible histories of a given event in time. Multiverse theory stands as an alternative to Schroedinger's interpretation of quantum events. Schroedinger stated that all possible states of a system existed until a measurement of the system was made, which would collapse the system into that of the observed one. But Multiverse Theory instead proposes that the observer has no real magical powers over the systems - actually, all possible states of a system already exist, and the observer only experiences one of such states upon measuring the system, without destroying all other states which thus exist as multiverses.

Since going back in time could be argued as an act of measurement (after all, you observe the past), then yes, of course it means that when you go back in time you also reach a multiverse, aka, an alternative state of the system. It cannot be the same universe otherwise you'd be violating Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle.

In short, yes, travel back in time creates an alternative multiverse with its alternate timeline.

edit on 17-12-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I remember Titor, though I was pretty young when he made his appearance.

I always wondered, why do so many people give him credence?

I've put effort into creating new identities with back stories and so on, and pulled it off. There's a reason I'm not in gaol. You can forge documents, coerce people into advocating for you, bribe the police, whatever. Anyone can do it, you just need to put it some work, and don't be lazy, and be careful. And that's in real life. On the internet, is much easier to create an identity.

If I wanted to, let's see... I could create new account here, take my time, make a few posts here and there to build up credence, and then reveal myself to be an intel agent working for Interpol - surprise! And I can reveal some tasty information about government conspiracies and maybe throw in some aliens for good measure. I could include photos, create web sites supporting my claim, create... how do I say this in English? either people who I pay to support my claims, or just create imaginary internet accounts of imaginary people who happen to support my claims. I'm sure there is a word for that but it escapes me right now.

People do this all the time, but usually for internet sex purposes, like that show Catfish, where some fat dude pretends to be some hot chick or whatever and extorts money from gullible lovers.

It's a common scam in Russia, the Russian bride scam, the beautiful Russian woman who just needs a bit of money to help her get to the West, you know how it goes. Typically operated by a bunch of buckteethed junkies from Omsk using their sister as bait.

So either John Titor comes along to destroy all we know about physics, or he's some guy with an elaborate story. I'm really tempted to actually do something similar, just to show you how easy it can be.

Although please note, if I ever mention the black market arms trade, I am not bullsh*tting. That's serious, and I do have genuine information there. But watch out, a psychic Illuminati Interpol alien cosmonaut spy with the ability to travel through time who has God on their speed dial might just come along one day

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I know that if I had access to a time travel device, I would definitely take time to sh*t post on the internet. I would also go back in time just to send text messages to random internet people and change the names of Children's cartoon books.
edit on 18-12-2015 by OhOkYeah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join