It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIght? Christmas fund low? sick of your cell phone bills !?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I know this was mentioned YEARS ago, however, things have changed in the U.S. anyway. If you want to use a cell phone and cut the umbilical (service charges) - it MAY not be for everyone, but it works for mwahhh

MagicJack

Its free on the app for droid, (not sure about Iphones) if you have a wi-fi signal, you have a free phone - I just turned my Samsung MEGA into a back up phone and for my business it is absolutely perfect; the phone number going out to your caller can be spoofed or (in the olden day 'subnet-masked) different. The reason the phone was off line is because someone in our office purchased it from a person who had Sprint, and ditched the service, so the phone cannot be unlocked/used other than for wifi & searching & internet (UNTIL NOW)

So I had my doubts, downloaded the app; whalah~!!!!

If you have an email address and you have access to wifi (every McDonald's and Walmart in the U.S., library, college campus) and you have an old smart phone that is de-activated, OR simm-less, or just off line, you have FREE phone service!!!!

They offer much more, checkem out, ( BTW I am not at all trying to sponsor this product)- I wanted to share my experience & If you are like me and want to give the finger to the 'MAN' (meaning your cell company) then this is a great alternative.

ETA- our office does not even have a land line phone; our monthly bill is 0.00 - FREE IS GOOD ! ! ! ! !

Enjoy!!

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Sounds awesome, but unfortunately I'm traveling to different locations, and in most instances close to the middle of nowhere. So without constant wifi, this wouldn't work for me.

Sure would like to shake an 80$ a month cellphone bill, but unfortunately its a necessity for my business =[

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

I feel ya Ex! I was very impressed and still am; the app has worked effortlessly and flawlessly for me, so after a week I thought I would share w/ my ATS fam

I have now shaken cable w/Roku and a great digital antenna, and now with a free cell phone (since I spend all of my day time in an office) im banking an extra 125.00 a month for extra

OH, you can also text as well w/it

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

I feel ya Ex! I was very impressed and still am; the app has worked effortlessly and flawlessly for me, so after a week I thought I would share w/ my ATS fam

I have now shaken cable w/Roku and a great digital antenna, and now with a free cell phone (since I spend all of my day time in an office) im banking an extra 125.00 a month for extra

OH, you can also text as well w/it

I might have to look into roku, I used to pay for HD premium cable service + internet/phone at a ludicrous cost of close to 180$ a month at some points, but I just got sick of cable TV showing re-runs all of the time and I was paying a mint for the luxury of commercials every 15 minutes or so.

I just use my computer for pretty much everything now a days, and of course use my phone as well. So I dumped the TV/Phone and just got the highest tier internet I could afford and saved money on my bill that way. I don't think I've actually had cable for like 3 or 4 years now.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I LOVE my Roku; cable free now for over a year (I think) the hardest part was loosing the weather Chanel since Im in Tornado Ally- HOWEVER, Roku has a thit Son of channels and there are apps that have even more- (if you have Amazon Prime) you cannot watch all of the free movies in a lifetime!

I have the Roku 3, but the new Roku 4 has some nice bells and whistles. Do your research; I compared them mall and Roku was my best fit

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

This is good to know! I have other friends who love Magic Jack so I understand your happiness!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I gather this is only for people in and phone into the US or have I missed something?

join