It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If My Home Was Run Like the US Government...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Pretty simple premise here. Complete the statement "If my home was run like the US government...". Feel free to post often and multiple examples and I think we will all gain an better understanding of how stupidly our government is run.

If my home was run like the US government...we would have millions of dollars in credit card debt.

If my home was run like the US government...we would leave the door unlocked and allow anyone to come in, stay and we would pay their bills.

If my home was run like the US government...I would make "house rules" that everyone but me had to follow.

If my home was run like the US government...my 18 year old kids would have to obtain and pay their own health insurance, or I would fine them.

If my home was run like the US government...I could hire unlimited consultants to help me and my family would have to pay for them.

If my home was run like the US government...I could force them to pay me if they want to drink soda, but they still have to buy it.

If my home was run like the US government...I would send money to my neighbors so they would pretend to like me.

If my home was run like the US government...I would hire overpaid handymen to fix things (badly) and then charge my family members full price plus my time hiring the handymen, the cost of the check and I would throw in them paying for my new guitar just for the hell of it.

There ya go...and I left out so many good ones. Have at it!
edit on 12/17/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE
If my home were run like America I would give people money and stones to stone it.

Not great, but there.
edit on 17-12-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Not bad...not bad at all.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
If my home was run like the US government...I would listen in on their phone calls, watch their emails and what websites they visit without their permission or knowledge and have them pay for my surveillance.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This is a bit off topic, but if I ran my house like Europe I'd tell my family to get out of their beds and let strangers sleep in them.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Off topic a bit is fine. This is just for fun and a different perspective of how bad we have allowed things to become.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If my home was run like the US government I would knock a hole through my wall into my neighbors home and tell them they need to leave so I can put some new neighbors that I approve of in place

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
If my home was run like the US government... I would be able to buy cigarettes for less than $28 a pack and a slab of beer for less than $40.

Goddamn dudes... Obviously there's problems, but looking from the outside in, it ain't all that bad.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

If my home were run like the US government, I would spend more money on home defence than healthcare, education, food, heating, lighting, and maintaining fixtures and fittings around the house.

If my home were run like the US government, I would have money stashed away outside the eyes of the law or the rest of the household and use it to run a huge gun running and drug smuggling empire under their noses, which would secretly pay for all the posh gear in my bedroom, while my family shivered in their spartan and poorly maintained rooms.

If my household was run like the US government, I would tell my family that it was dangerous to go outside, talk to strangers, and to beware the bogeymen hiding in every shadowed corner, despite having employed most of those individuals myself to keep my family where I can get at them, and their sparsely populated wallets easily.

If my household was run like the US government, I would occasionally face questioning about the shooting death of one of my family members at my hands, but claim that somehow I was acting in defence of my household when I shot one of its members in the back from ten paces.

If my household was run like the US government, I would have to glove up and examine every orifice of every family member, on the way into, or out of my house, despite my aforementioned criminal enterprises being responsible for more drug and gun running than any one of my family members could ever hope to achieve without my aid.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

If my house was ran by some one who writes for a right wing blog*

Fixed it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

If my home was run like the 'British' government, I would go for the ankle grab, every time the US demanded it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
If my home was run like America
The House would be in decay and on the verge of an electrical fire. Pop would be outside schmoozing with the neighbor and inviting them over for dinner, again. Mom would be on an assortment of antidepressants and too busy shopping to notice much. The kids have their Iphone and video games an could care less that the laundry bin is full but the washer is empty. Grandma has dementia an keeps asking when grandpa is gonna get home from work. Grandpa had an awesome job running a factory, but he died of cancer a few years after the factory closed. Someone kicked down the door and ran off with what was left of the dog food but nobody noticed because we haven't seen the dog for a week. The garage was full of tools but dads brother had a little drug problem and is suspected to be with the dog somewhere building a wall. The fridge would be empty and McDonalds wrappers would be EVERYWHERE. I'd probably be out back digging a hole big enough to put the lot of em at the bottom.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
If my home were run like the U.S. government I would kick everybody out, except for my dog, and live like a hermit. Hmmm...I think I have that base covered.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Hahaha!

You know what? That's a perfect assessment!

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

If my home were run like the US government I would have a tree fort in nearly every house on the block

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
If My Home Was Run Like the US Government I would only let people have easy access to news papers and watch news I have been allowed to edit or bribe.

If My Home Was Run Like the US Government I would only let allow two sets of opinions with no compromise when debating a issues.
edit on 17-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
If my home were run like America I would give people money and stones to stone it.

Not great, but there.

If My Home Was Run Like the US Government I would then use that as a excuse to burn down a neighbour’s house that didn’t have anything to do with stoning my house. And get the weird Britsh guy across the street to help me.
edit on 17-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Great analogies and as you can tell we can add more to the list. It's really a sad perspective on government.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
Yeah, you get the picture. But you'll be sure to say they did it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If my home was ran like the US government I wouldn't be arming drug cartels.

If my home was ran like the US government I wouldn't be arming terrorists over in the middle east.

If my home was ran like the US government I wouldn't be trying to deny my family members their GOD given rights to buy a firearm nor would I make them ask my permission.

If my home was ran like the US government I wouldn't be running around all hair on fire the planet is out to get us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join