It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Established date in recent post list ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hi all,

Just an idea i've had for a while, as an avid reader of most forums on this wonderful site, i find it most annoying clicking into a thread and finding that it's an old thread, thats been beaten to death and i've read extensively.
To have a (date authored) next to the authors name in the recent posts list would be excellent for these reasons.

Anyone else ?
edit on 16/12/2015 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

We do have a when posted time-date-after the listing each each new thread start and reply made at such and such time, don't we??

I NEVER go to recent ones: I always go completely down all the NEW threads under top leaf first, then to messages to my replies all of which says who, what thread, date and time made......

??????????????
edit on 16-12-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I'm so glad you brought this up, I was afraid I was the only one who hates clicking in the "recent" post and not realizing until after investing considerable time that the thread is so old that most of the info is obsolete...

...Not that I don't enjoy reading older threads - it just would be nice to know just 'how' old a thread is before getting into it...
So, yes, I agree with scubagravy, if it's possible to add the date authored to the name of author on the "recent" posts threads - it would be really nice!

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Does the bumping of ancient threads really happen all that often?
I think most of it comes from the newcomers, who seem to make a special point of looking for them to build up their 20 posts.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

In topic list view, it has the date and time started next to the OP's name under the title. This is under 'new'.

It does seem to be missing in 'recent'. Recent means there has been recent activity in it, though. New would bring you to the newest created threads with dates.
edit on 17-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Cheers for the replies guys and gals, i guess we all use ATS in different ways, which is cool too.

new topics

top topics

join