It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye, Professional Political Class.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Oh yes let's protest over a mistrial. We destroy cities when the system doesn't work and we destroy cities when the system does work. I am throwing in my blue towel and I can no longer be a Democrat. Instead of filling their constituents with great knowledgable people who could bring together Americans through healthy debate and logic, the Professional Political Class on both sides have filled their constituents with racist, opportunistic, manipulative and down right ignorant people to divide this country.

Im making up my own party, It's called the American Party. That's it. I eat what I kill. I educate myself before I open my mouth, I don't blindly follow what everyone else is doing, and finally, I don't whine like a baby when things don't go my way because I hold myself to a very high standard of personal responsibility. Life is equally unfair to everyone. I have faith that one day I will be judged on how I treated others and the crowd I associated with.

Instead of being a place for knowledge to flourish, Facebook and social media has been a cesspool of stupidity and hate bc of politicians as well.

Trump was an American less than a year ago and good for him that he's using the GOP to become president. I approve of the citizens showing the government that they work for us and not the other way around.

It's time to dismantle the Professional Political Class, so go Trump and God Bless America.

On a side note, I posted this in the rant section bc the post has no links, it's all opinion and it's not news.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
Oh yes let's protest over a mistrial. We destroy cities when the system doesn't work and we destroy cities when the system does work. I am throwing in my blue towel and I can no longer be a Democrat. Instead of filling their constituents with great knowledgable people who could bring together Americans through healthy debate and logic, the Professional Political Class on both sides have filled their constituents with racist, opportunistic, manipulative and down right ignorant people to divide this country.

Im making up my own party, It's called the American Party. That's it. I eat what I kill. I educate myself before I open my mouth, I don't blindly follow what everyone else is doing, and finally, I don't whine like a baby when things don't go my way because I hold myself to a very high standard of personal responsibility. Life is equally unfair to everyone. I have faith that one day I will be judged on how I treated others and the crowd I associated with.

Instead of being a place for knowledge to flourish, Facebook and social media has been a cesspool of stupidity and hate bc of politicians as well.

Trump was an American less than a year ago and good for him that he's using the GOP to become president. I approve of the citizens showing the government that they work for us and not the other way around.

It's time to dismantle the Professional Political Class, so go Trump and God Bless America.

On a side note, I posted this in the rant section bc the post has no links, it's all opinion and it's not news.

Nice post. The Establishment or Professional Political Class have some explaining to do of why they are systematically trying to destroy The United States of America.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It's not just the politicians--it's the people. The dominant culture is influenced by the people. Therefore, this is a bigger issue than just the politicians. It's the people voting for them.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Is any of it real?

"Look at it: a world built on fantasy. Synthetic emotions in the form of pills. Psychological warfare in the form of advertisements. Mind-altering chemicals in the form of food. Brain-washing seminars in the form of media. Controlled, isolated bubbles in the form of social networks. Real? You want to talk about reality? We haven't lived in anything close to it since the turn of the century. Took out the batteries, snacked on a bag of GMOs while we tossed the remnants in the ever-expanding dumpster of the human condition. We live in branded houses, trademarked by corporations, built on bipolar numbers jumping up and down on digital displays, hypnotizing us into the greatest slumber mankind has ever seen. You have to dig pretty deep, kiddo, before you can find anything real. We live in a kingdom of bull#, a kingdom you've lived in for far too long. So don't tell me about not being real. I'm no less real than the #ing patty in your big mac."

- Excerpt from Mr. Robot (tv show)

As another poster mentioned, blaming the establishment only goes so far as we the people ultimately enable the establishment and continue to support it through our votes and dollar bills.

Reality, isn't.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
It's not just the politicians--it's the people. The dominant culture is influenced by the people. Therefore, this is a bigger issue than just the politicians. It's the people voting for them.

But someone's gotta be the leader. You can't have all chiefs and no Indians and we pay great money through taxes to hire govt leaders. It all fails at the top. The people need to be led and that's why being a leader has ALOT OF RESPONSIBILITY to it. It's not some prize to be won, it's a sacrifice of your time and knowledge for the good of ALL the people.
edit on 16-12-2015 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I don't disagree the people are not blameless, but I do disagree when you say "dominant culture". My thoughts are the media promotes what is really not dominate, but it is promoted in a way to make those of which ever side of the political fence, that the issue seems to be dominate?

Another question or thought, "People have always disagreed and have been divided in one way or another; but was it the people who became this divided at this point in our history, or was it the governments behavior and childishness witnessed by it's citizens that caused our country to become so divided?".....

What came first, the citizen or the politician?
edit on 16-12-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

Honest question.

What did you expect from facebook?

facebook is a cesspool of ignorance.

I relate to much of what you said but, when you put SM and facebook in the mix, I got a bit lost on the message.

BTW...why is it when I spell facebook with a lower case f, it comes up as a mispelling?

Is it some sort of deity or something....strange indeed.

edit on 16-12-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

Honest question.

I relate to much of what you said but, when you put SM and facebook in the mix, I got a bit lost on the message.

BTW...why is it when I spell facebook with a lower case f, it comes up and a mispelling?

Just feel the political class ruined the greater potential of something like social media. Most media companies have spell check for caps and this really was a rant so I did jump around a little when posting this lol

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I don't disagree the people are not blameless, but I do disagree when you say "dominant culture". My thoughts are the media promotes what is really not dominate, but it is promoted in a way to make those of which ever side of the political fence, that the issue seems to be dominate?

Another question or thought, "People have always disagreed and have been divided in one way or another; but was it the people who became this divided at this point in our history, or was it the governments behavior and childishness witnessed by it's citizens that caused our country to become so divided?".....

What came first, the citizen or the politician?

Great questions, IMHO I feel the leaders create the divide or the union. The people aren't full time politicians. We trust our leaders to lead us in the right direction as a country bc we are busy fueling the economy as citizens. Citizens came first and appointed the politician.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask

Oh yes let's protest over a mistrial. We destroy cities when the system doesn't work and we destroy cities when the system called the American Party. That's it.

Nice post. The Establishment or Professional Political Class have some explaining to do of why they are systematically trying to destroy The United States of America.

Thank you.. They should be fired, they don't need to say anything bc the facts should speak for them.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

What about autonomous collectivism?

What about distributed democracy, where there is no government, where the people decide everything, from the agenda being set in a given year, to the outcome of debates, that they themselves partake in?

We are rapidly approaching a period in history where there will be no need for representatives, because we will be able to represent ourselves via telepresence, or simply by voting over the networks which bind us all together. Obviously there are wrinkles with that approach, security and tamper proofing for one, but those things will be working themselves out over time, I have no doubt.

There are more options on the table than vote, and then hope like hell your representative does what you told him to, and what he promised you to get your vote. Soon it will be a matter of voting on the issues, rather than for parties and personages.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

So have you just chosen to overlook that it is people like Trump that is whats wrong with our government? He has openly admitted to lobbying politicians to get what he wanted. If you want a government that is really for the people then you need to take the money out of it. So that means people like Trump, Clinton and Bush have no place in our government.

I don't whine like a baby when things don't go my way because I hold myself to a very high standard of personal responsibility.

If you are this way then why are you supporting a politician that practically does nothing but whine when he doesn't get his way or when someone points out his past?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

Honest question.

BTW...why is it when I spell facebook with a lower case f, it comes up and a mispelling?

Just feel the political class ruined the greater potential of something like social media. Most media companies have spell check for caps and this really was a rant so I did jump around a little when posting this lol

Fair enough.

I think I like you a little bit.

A little bit....

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well I got a problem with the Pro Political Class. Lobbying in general and Trump aren't issues for me. Just the lifelong politicians we've been hiring up until this point. It's ok, nothing has to change, USA is designed so when and if we got to this point, we can just tip the apple cart and start over with a clean batch and make sure the govt knows who they are working for again.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I'm glad you're throwing in your blue towel. I hope everybody waving a blue or red towel would throw it in. I've been thinking about some of the posts recently, and this towel analogy fits it perfectly, being like when sports fans wave towels or foam fingers in the stands.

It seems like too many people treat politics like sports and they support their favorite team. I've seen trash talking from people about silly things comparable to "my team is gonna smoke your team" with no real consideration for actual issues. Nobody is bringing home a trophy after we go to the polls and there is no ring for the winner, the problems we have today will still be there.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric
Thank you, I am trying my best to strike a passionate and intelligent balance with my posts on ATS.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodesI think there is a way to rid ourselves of the political class of persons, especially at the federal level. We need to make sure term limits are put into place. No politician should have more than 2 terms in office. Term limits should apply to state and city level as well. The SCOTUS should also be term limited. No more life time appointments to the court. By doing so this could help do away with this PC muck. IMO.

new topics

top topics

join