It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is not the radical jihadists I fear. It is the Radical Right.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

1) Where is your evidence that the "majority of mass shooters were white Christian males"? From what I've read many of them leaned more towards atheism or anarchy, or were non-religious.

2) By immediately mentioning the "hundreds of thousands" of gun crime victims following this statement about white males, you are implying that white Christian males are a major source of gun crime. As others have pointed out this is patently false based on FBI data. Most gun crime is a result of gang violence or the war on drugs.

3) You say the far right is demonizing a whole group of people (Muslims) and that "Truth shall prevail over falsehood in the end". Well, the radical left demonizes a whole group of people (legal gun owners) even after mass shootings that are known to be terrorist / jihad inspired events.

If truth is to prevail you would have to acknowledge that the whole Islamaphobia narrative that you fear is exactly what the left does with their hoplophobic, anti-gun narrative.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
You know that Islamic followers, not just jihadists, will enter a village, kill all of the elders, men and children, rape the woman and they are then in control? Ethnic cleansing and killing all those who oppose.

These people do not fear us. If threatening their families would move to stop the violence, then so be it. If a known terror suspect who killed US citizens was found and he was hiding in a building with his family, kill him. Sounds cold blooded but they have used human shields for years. They are bringing the pain to their families and putting them in danger. If you do not want your family killed do not do terrorist activities.

Personally, I think they should have televised executions every Friday right after American Idol. PPV and give the funds to the victims families Line up the lucky ten and have a gun with 8 rounds. The 2 left come back next week. I will guarantee you there will be a drop in crime.

It's against the Geneva convention.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

If you knew your family members would be killed for your actions, would you commit the crime?

Many are probably committing the act because their family members were killed.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

If you knew your family members would be killed for your actions, would you commit the crime?

Indeed. By drone strikes or bombing runs approved of by Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr, etc. etc...

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Truth shall always prevail over falsehood in the end.

Here is some TRUTH.

When entire groups get demonized it's perfectly acceptable EXCEPT when it comes to muslims.

Now take GUN OWNERS for example that have to ASK the state for permission to exercise their constitutional RIGHTS.

That people is FASCISM. Then according to a given set of rules by the authoritarian state. They might be granted permission.

That's TRUTH. and NO it doesn't prevail.

Because they were this countries first terrorists.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just what the formerly great American populace needs... more division in our ranks, right down to the foundation.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor

1) Where is your evidence that the "majority of mass shooters were white Christian males"? From what I've read many of them leaned more towards atheism or anarchy, or were non-religious.

2) By immediately mentioning the "hundreds of thousands" of gun crime victims following this statement about white males, you are implying that white Christian males are a major source of gun crime. As others have pointed out this is patently false based on FBI data. Most gun crime is a result of gang violence or the war on drugs.

3) You say the far right is demonizing a whole group of people (Muslims) and that "Truth shall prevail over falsehood in the end". Well, the radical left demonizes a whole group of people (legal gun owners) even after mass shootings that are known to be terrorist / jihad inspired events.

If truth is to prevail you would have to acknowledge that the whole Islamaphobia narrative that you fear is exactly what the left does with their hoplophobic, anti-gun narrative.

source

Most mass shooters are white, Christian males. If you want more stats or links, I can provide them.

Legal gun owners should be fine. But so many of their guns end up in the hands of unstable family members and friends. That is one issue that should be solved.
edit on 16-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

And that is the OTHER issue...apart from the Sociopathic idea that we should kill terrorist families..

Such a policy would be a strategic failure in that it would create a 100 terrorists for every one we killed. The entire globe would turn on us.

Trump is a danger to our country.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

hope your going to include the black hood drive bye shootings in your figures so you present true transparency

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

So you consider Nazi POW's the same as terrorists.

Not sure I'm understanding your OP.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Here is some TRUTH.

When entire groups get demonized it's perfectly acceptable EXCEPT when it comes to muslims.

Now take GUN OWNERS for example that have to ASK the state for permission to exercise their constitutional RIGHTS.

That people is FASCISM. Then according to a given set of rules by the authoritarian state. They might be granted permission.

That's TRUTH. and NO it doesn't prevail.

Because they were this countries first terrorists.

Who said it is fine to demonize any group except for Muslims?

There are gun laws in place for a reason. Don't act as if you don't know why and that is fascism.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
never had an issue with the right wing but many with muslims and left "nazis".

the right is the only solution to many of todays problems and in many countries (especially european) the only fraction for freedom and against the chaos that looms around the corner.
see hungary for instance. borders shut, no mass immigrarion, no isis warriors in their country, no billions of debt for the refugees.

but i agree we have to keep an eye on the right to make sure they don't overshoot the mark.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If they want to end the attacks from the ME then get out of the ME, but we can't get out of the ME because we need a presence there to secure oil interests.

Here is a thought, take the money we spend on the military there and build enough Geothermal plants here in the US so we don't need the ME oil.

The only reason Geothermal isnt being built is because banks will not lend the money is because they cost more to build and it isn't a fast enough turnaround for them, but once they are up and running the electric generated costs half that of coal.

Or, we can keep spending trillions upon trillions to fight and die in the ME while giving up freedoms at home. Durp.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Here is some TRUTH.

By "TRUTH" do you mean the opposite? Or are you absurdly suggesting no one is demonizing Muslims right now?

Sure...I will take the San Bernardino GUN OWNERS that killed 14 people for example...they purchased and used those weapons freely under the precise absence of scrutiny and regulations that you and the NRA continue to successfully demand.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: SonOfThor

source

Most mass shooters are white, Christian males. If you want more stats or links, I can provide them.

Legal gun owners should be fine. But so many of their guns end up in the hands of unstable family members and friends. That is one issue that should be solved.

All that this link says is that most shooters are "Christian males" - it does not provide specific proof or examples, just a map with "mass shootings" where a "mass shooting" is re-defined as an event where four or more people are killed or wounded. I wonder how many of these events are gang or drug related, and involve minorities? By the way - you cited "Occupy Democrats", a liberal blog as your source, that actually contains zero quantitative data.

"So many of their guns end up in the hands of unstable members and friends". - do you have scientific data for this statement? There are hundreds of millions of legally owned firearms in this country. If "so many" got in the wrong hands, how come their aren't millions of shootings a year?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Ya sounds like something out of North Korea...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Here is some TRUTH.

By "TRUTH" do you mean the opposite? Or are you absurdly suggesting no one is demonizing Muslims right now?

Sure...I will take the San Bernardino GUN OWNERS that killed 14 people for example...they purchased and used those weapons freely under the precise absence of scrutiny and regulations that you and the NRA continue to successfully demand.

Actually those gun owners were given two of the guns via an illegal straw purchase, which is I believe a felony. This also happened in a state with some of the strictest firearms regulations and laws on the books. What other laws would have prevented this?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Your right about it not being directed just at Muslims...

I had to correct someone just the other day that turbans are worn by Sikh people, who are not Muslim. The individual made some remark back about how "they're all the same, whatever". They also made a comment about how their skin color is all the same, so that lumps them all together.

Sadly, that kind of attitude is becoming pretty common among people I interact with.
edit on 16-12-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya sounds like something out of North Korea...

Speaking of NK I remember Trump saying he wanted to form a crack team that could shut down undesirable sections of the internet. (and people cheered)
edit on 16-12-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
a reply to: reldra

hope your going to include the black hood drive bye shootings in your figures so you present true transparency

You seem confused about the difference between the intentional targeting of innocent civilians...aka mowing down a black congregation in hopes of starting a race war or opening fire inside a planned parenthood clinic...vs. Criminals targeting other criminals or gang members.

One motivated by criminal ambitions (primarily drug sales and market share)

The other motivated by Political or Religious ideology.
edit on 16-12-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join