It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad can stay, for now: Kerry accepts Russian stance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: xuenchen
In a sudden 180 degree turn, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry now says the leader of Syria Bashar Assad can "stay".

John Kerry is a well known flip flopper.

LOL

Political expediency, my man. Thats all it is.

I would agree that the reasons for this about face are less than noble.

I do think that the enmity between the US and Russia is counterproductive at best and dangerously irresponsible at worst.

Strange and atypical as it is, I welcome any sensible adjustments to our stated policies, especially when they minimize potentially unconstructive conflict.

Perhaps we can all focus on asphyxiating the Islamic State in the cradle of civilization.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gh0stwalker

was my exact thought
We have Asaad's location, painting him for elimination
plausible deniability
but.. but we said Assad could stay..

edit on 15-12-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Blame it on the SHIFT folks!

edit on 15-12-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Your Math is correct.
2nd Line.

S&F

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I wrote something real insulting about Obama. He deserves it, but I am better than that so I have edited this post.
edit on 15-12-2015 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I don't get it, isn't this what most people wanted to happen? Now we're all here making fun of the fact that it has?

No one doubts that America and the west are turning into some side circus, quasi-fascist; weak willed semi-society. We're going backward in other words. The thing is, this doesn't make America look any worse than they already did. Starting up a potential conflict with a supposed ALLY.

Honestly, what is this world coming to, I just keep going back to, once again my Bible.....

"You will hear of wars and rumours of wars". Just waiting for Damascus to become a ruinous heap in one day.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I have no problem with this.

If country A comes into a situation demanding a specific concept..

then the situation changes drastically - I would much rather him adjust his concept to meet the new situation - instead of belligerently try to enforce his views.

but of course none of you care.. If you can Bash Obama you will.. so go for it.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
I don't get it, isn't this what most people wanted to happen? Now we're all here making fun of the fact that it has?

No one doubts that America and the west are turning into some side circus, quasi-fascist; weak willed semi-society. We're going backward in other words. The thing is, this doesn't make America look any worse than they already did. Starting up a potential conflict with a supposed ALLY.

Honestly, what is this world coming to, I just keep going back to, once again my Bible.....

"You will hear of wars and rumours of wars". Just waiting for Damascus to become a ruinous heap in one day.

I'm wondering how exactly will that happen? Will America nuke Damascus? Russia? Someone else, possibly even ISIS?

How much longer will the Lord Jesus allow the United States to continue on its path? I believe that He will hold our politicians accountable for everything they have done. Including this war in Syria and the fight (or lack thereof on America's part) against ISIS.

Oh to have been a fly on the wall during that meeting with Kerry and Putin. It had to have been big for Kerry to do a complee about-face.

One thing is certain: Putin has the upper hand in Syria and Obama knows it and has to be very angry.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

In a sudden 180 degree turn, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry now says the leader of Syria Bashar Assad can "stay".

This comes during a visit to Moscow.

Not long ago, everybody was shouting that Assad must go.

Now all-of-a-sudden, the U.S. official policy has ceded to the opposite direction.

Hmmm.

Makes people wonder just WHO is dictating American policies these days?

It's almost like nobody knows who's on who's side anymore.

They sure have a lot of people fooled don't they.

Assad can stay, for now: Kerry accepts Russian stance

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Tuesday accepted Russia's long-standing demand that President Bashar Assad's future be determined by his own people, as Washington and Moscow edged toward putting aside years of disagreement over how to end Syria's civil war.

"The United States and our partners are not seeking so-called regime change," Kerry told reporters in the Russian capital after meeting President Vladimir Putin. A major international conference on Syria would take place later this week in New York, Kerry announced.

Kerry reiterated the U.S. position that Assad, accused by the West of massive human rights violations and chemical weapons attacks, won't be able to steer Syria out of 4 ½ years of conflict.

Russia of course wants to to all they can to stop any gas pipelines going into Europe.

Russia is Europe's largest supplier of natural gas.

Qatar and the House of Saud would love to grab that market.

So would Iran.

1+1=2

2+2=4

or does it?

More likely, Obama support for the Islamists is becoming far too obvious and untenable.....

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well since some like to think they know every thing.

Last Thursday, Biden was publicly critical of Turkey, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), three countries who are considered U.S. allies in the fight against ISIS. Saudi Arabia and the UAE have both participated in airstrikes against ISIS in Syria.

What did they do? They poured hundreds of millions of dollars and thousands of tons of weapons into anyone who would fight against Assad - except that the people who were being supplied were (Jabhat) al-Nusra and al-Qaida and the extremist elements of jihadis coming from other parts of the world," the vice president said during an question-and-answer session at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government.

Its all 'Merkia's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I see many of you on the ats also inverted on the 180, what me personally not surprised because some of you ic.pics.livejournal.com... and to them sometimes necessary 36.media.tumblr.com... that not to disclose main war it not religion , not geography , not ideological , not resources . main it blood , biology and genetic PS another proof www.dailymail.co.uk... n-enemies.html

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
After a bit of thought, if I had to guess, I would say Putin made Kerry a secret offer the U.S. couldn't refuse.

I thought about Assad and I doubt anyone would dare to touch him for the time being because they would regret it immensely.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The US draws a red line.

Says Assad must go.

Turns around. Then goes,' Noooo we just funnin with ya'.

The current administration looks like a JOKE!

As opposed to the previous administration that drew a red line, said Saddam must go, then it created a vacuum for terrorists that kept us at war for the past 12 years. Simple world views don't matter, except to simple people. And sticking to your guns is what we call the gambler's fallacy. The best time to change your position is when it benefits your country. "Proving you were right" by plating your trophy in American blood is what I'd call the real joke. We've had enough of that.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Well since some like to think they know every thing.

Last Thursday, Biden was publicly critical of Turkey, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), three countries who are considered U.S. allies in the fight against ISIS. Saudi Arabia and the UAE have both participated in airstrikes against ISIS in Syria.

What did they do? They poured hundreds of millions of dollars and thousands of tons of weapons into anyone who would fight against Assad - except that the people who were being supplied were (Jabhat) al-Nusra and al-Qaida and the extremist elements of jihadis coming from other parts of the world," the vice president said during an question-and-answer session at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government.

Its all 'Merkia's fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet Jesus you don't have to turn into a hormonal passive agressive mess. It was a simple question. Nobody said it was all America's fault just who's side are they on Saudi Arabia or Russia/Syria/Iran? I am just going by all the information you supplied two pages ago.
edit on 16-12-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Iranians, out. Turks, in. Gulf States, in.

Assad stays, Russia goes...?

Something doesn't seem right.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Agreed , let Russia for once sort this one out..

But I know, it's a strategic loss ..

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I know it doesnt fit the script but you know what, I respect someone who flip flops when they decide, actually, I have been convinced and my view has changed. I would prefer that than a blindly stubborn leader fighting a war we cant win for fear of being labelled a flip flopper.

All the people on here giving it that, would you be happier if instead of flip flopping, they continued pushing a solution that everyone agreed wont work, just because they are too stubborn?? Yes lots of people have died, we cant change that, but rather than continuing down a path where hundreds and thousands more die, concede a change in policy. solve the instability in the country, then push for a peaceful solution, its by far the most sensible thing to do and we should celebrate a politico and president that allow that to happen. Sorry if you think it makes you look stupid, but console yourself thousands of lives might have just been saved.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Russia of course wants to to all they can to stop any gas pipelines going into Europe.

The US would love to build a pipeline through Syria into Europe (a) so they can cut off Russia's income from oil, send them broke over a period of time and absorb them into a NATO as ally after they have surrended. (B,) so they can take over selling oil to Europe and force European countries to buy oil in US dollars thereby propping up the US dollar as a reserve currency and thereby assuring the US of being the sole superpower as desired by the Wolfawitz doctrine.

This would then have the advantage for the US in that it would have Europe by the nuts which means they can squeese them at will to keep their vassal states in line as they currently do only by having Europe by the short and curleys.

Oil will just enable them to grab their balls and squeese which is much more effective than only having them by the short and curleys.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I also think something else is at play, the price of oil is hurting a lot of people. By working with Russia we could push ISIS into Saudi.

This may create a situation where Saudi oil facilities may be attacked and the Saudi Royal family feel threatened and buy more weapons and ask for more help. This may make them reliant on the US and the combination may be that Saudi Oil output is decreased and the price of oil goes up so everyone gets a cut.

Plus this will mean the Wasabis will need to come out in the open to say they accept ISIS in Saudi and Saudi should stop attacking them, the Royals can then Nationalize their oil assets and imprison the extremist clerics and others for treason.

With them gone and the religious police gone, Saudi can enter the 21st century.

Of course this is just my ramblings, I am obviously no more geopolitically informed than a chicken egg.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
I see many of you on the ats also inverted on the 180, what me personally not surprised because some of you ic.pics.livejournal.com... and to them sometimes necessary 36.media.tumblr.com... that not to disclose main war it not religion , not geography , not ideological , not resources . main it blood , biology and genetic PS another proof www.dailymail.co.uk... n-enemies.html

Oh, my God! I wept when I read the link you provided to the Daily Mail article. I had no idea that was going on. Someone at ATS kept asking why Israel was immune to jihadist attacks and found it to be suspicious. It looks like there is the answer. I have to say I feel respect for The Daily Mail for reporting this story and I also have to say I have great respect for military medics no matter what their country of origin.
edit on 16-12-2015 by tweetie because: correction

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join