It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you're really good at something, you can't not be hated for it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Envy the Jealous...Haterz gonna hate.

For some people, hates all they will ever have, while others, envy,(Im making up definition here) not so much obsessive jealousy can be a progressive attribute for improvement of one self, depending on how one handles the Sin. Imitation the greatest sign of flatterty, but the extreme side of Envy, or Jealousy means you don't want others to have what you don't have.
edit on 15-12-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

The best leaders try to help others stand up, as well. Those are the types of "giants" that many "smaller" people gravitate towards. In other words: Embrace the greatness, then teach others how they can be great, too.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
^ Yep. Thank you everyone for your thoughts.

I didn't write this post because I thought I was superior. On the contrary I have very little self-worth, and maybe that's why I work so hard to be better... than what I am already.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

That's what makes you great in the real. Carry onward, know your a good person.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
People can hate you for the strangest reasons.

One of my first jobs right out of college, but only for one year, was one where the supervisor constantly took cheap shots at me, passed me over on interesting assignments, and all sorts of junk, until I'd had enough.

On a whim I walked into her office and told I would finish two more days to complete some things I'd started, but no notice otherwise, I was leaving, period.

As I opened her office door to leave, she said to my back "I've always been jealous of you". What flashed through my mind was "oh, because I do this job so much better than you".

So I turned around and said "I know. But why?" And she said "BECAUSE YOU ARE SKINNY".

So, she made my life a living hell for 12 months because she overeats. Honestly, if I hadn't ask her, I would never have guessed it was something that superficial. So you literally never know what evil lurks in the hearts of women.
edit on 12/15/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Twilight Zone stuff! In the sense that... people will literally punish healthy attitudes, and beauty, and progress. It's the crab mentality!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
^ Yep. Thank you everyone for your thoughts.

I didn't write this post because I thought I was superior. On the contrary I have very little self-worth, and maybe that's why I work so hard to be better... than what I am already.

Hey, all life is precious. That includes you! No low self-worth around here, buddy.

Ironically, I used to be incredibly arrogant ("used to be", heh heh). It took my faith & a certain realization to change that: I realized that everyone has more expertise at something than I do. It might be a different language, dancing, cooking, fashion sense, certain technologies, survival techniques, accounting, politics, or whatever. Realizing that everyone has something to offer made me realize I was actually on the same level as everyone else. And just like everyone else, I've got strengths & flaws; knowledge & ignorance.

Maybe that lesson can help you too, but in the opposite way? A solid work ethic is an incredible strength by itself. So is the ability to brush off criticism & keep moving forward.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Too young or too blind... which one are you?

I find intriguing how, no matter what someone says, always someone else comes up knowing better. In this particular case, only denies the OP's statement those who have not enough real life experience, because what geezlouise says (regardless of whom she is talking about) is true.

Whatever it is that you do, you say, you look, you think will always find opposition and hatred (of course you find nice things on the way, too).

Just my thoughts on the subject: The issue is not how "not to get hated" (that's something you can't control), but how to ignore it (that's something you can control). The only caveat is to keep walking without causing one of two things : a bigger problem or abandoning your true ethos.

In conclusion, each person you talk to will tell you a different experience, will suggest you different actions, however the only person who really knows what works and what doesn't is yourself.

Keep legit to the things and people you hold dear. Keep loyal to your principles. Know when to change courses. Keep your mind open.

And rest assured that life says: "I'll make you happy, but first I'll make you stronger."
edit on 16-12-2015 by tsctsc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
That hate is out of love and admiration. Tons of people hate Lebron James because he's good and beats many of their favourite teams single handidly. But then tons of people love him too. Seems like there's always a sort of balance, because when people see 'everyone' liking something they're more prone to picking them apart, where the opposite is vice versa (looking for something special, positive with what they bring to the table). Now if someone that's great at something acknowledges it and openly feels great about themselves that brings on another wave of hate, look at kanye west. It's weird that it's this way, we should all be trying to lift eachother up so the people we lift can lift others and so on

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The Kardashians know your pain...they are 'good' at what they do then the moment we start relating to them Kim and Kanye call their newborn Saint and then we remember why we despised them.

I like a unique name as much as anyone but these posers need to realize that their children are children and not some Emmy replacement.

'Till the day ah dah, urm gorna turch thur skah" Just stop Kanye.

edit on 16-12-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Those who THINK they are as good as you will gather and form coalitions. It's like in politics or wars. You see the same things happen in the great and in the small world. But that's as old as humankind. Learn to live with it.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
When you put a bunch of crabs together in a pot... individually they may be able to escape but that will never happen because instead they grab onto one another and doom themselves in the process. It's a "if I can't have it, you can't have it" self-sabatoging attitude. It's anti-progress and so many people get stuck in this mentality I think.

I just learned about it the other week, however prior to that the whole dynamic was already dawning on me... but like I always knew it but I just denied it for so long... basically all my life long. I gotta say, it didn't benefit me to deny it. And I feel bad that it took this long to really grasp it at the level that I've grasped it like maybe I'm stupid but I don't care because any progress is good progress no matter how slow and I am a fan of truth and growth and progress so let's just do it.! Alright? Ok.

Thanks guys, I read everything and take everything to heart(which just means I really consider everything that's said carefully).

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
never met a giant so cannot comment on that part

whether you really good or not at something its your general Aura that you give off if someone likes you or not because of it

if you have a big Ego and Boast about your gift then people will not like you. If you are a humble, modest, caring and loved person people will like you and want you to succeed

ever been in a situation when someone gets promoted to a manager at work, people hate them because they are basically egotistic idiots, even though they are good at their Job.

And other times people are really happy for the promotion because they have a good heart and on the peoples side.

It's all down to how you present yourself to others regardless of how how superior or gifted your are.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: Revolution9

Why do you hate me?

originally posted by: namelesss
Your magnificently special superiority to all of us crabbish mankind, is only contrasted by your deep and integrated Loving Humility! *__-

When did I ever state that I was magnificently and specially superior?

That wasn't you dear, that was me that said that.
It is called 'hyperbole', with a soupçon of 'sarcasm' for seasoning! *__-

Knowledge = experience.
You were speaking from, I assume, knowledge, which means that you experienced all that you suggest.
Or was that all idle speculation?

You can be the best chili chef in town, some of the other chili chefs will hate you, some chili connoisseurs will love you...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

See the point's clear, the more success you see the more people are going to dig into you for every little matter. And yeah yeah about the name, of course there's got to be an ettiquette to everything, there's just no other way of doing things other than what is the status quo, yeah, they shoulda given him a 21st century name like Ted or Rick, maybe even Bill--naw # that who cares what they named their baby, worry about what you name your baby, and don't worry about other people worrying about your baby's name, cuz theyve got their own # to worry about lol

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 711117

I agree with 711117 btw.

I didn't even know they were together, lol, but what's the big deal? I think Saint is kind of a sweet name, sweet in the sense that it feels loving.

And it's like what someone else said, you just can't win, lol, no matter what you do, so yeah. I'm definitely a people pleaser but also work hard to be better(I have a very sensitive conscience) and that combo has been kind of an issue for me. And though I will remain kind throughout the rest of my days(just my nature I guess, people pleaser nature)... I still can't be bending over backwards anymore to everyone and dumbing myself down all the time just so people will accept me- I just can't. So I'm at that point where I'm just kind of giving up and I refuse to be concerned anymore about people who want to be offended by everything that's "different" and even "positive"... it's so bizarre! And I'll just embrace the people who do understand me all the more closely, and hold on for dear life. I guess I just reiterated a bunch of other people's comments so I apologize for that... but yes it's all sinking in.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join