It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois National Guardsman Pleads Guilty In Islamic Terror Plot To Kill Over 100 People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Great, now we have more "jihadist" in uniform planning attacks on military personnel. Luckily, these guys will no longer get their chance to kill 100-150 people.

It is very disturbing that we have jihadist in the US military.

CBS youtube video below at link.

US soldier pleads guilty in plot to attack Chicago base
www.globalpost.com...

A US soldier pleaded guilty Monday to conspiring with his cousin to attack a suburban Chicago military base with the aim of killing over 100 people, prosecutors said.

Hasan Edmonds, 23, was a soldier in the US Army National Guard when he began communicating online in January with an FBI agent pretending to be an Islamic State fighter in Libya.

Edmonds admitted to giving the purported militant advice on "how to fight and defeat the US military," the plea agreement said. He said he and his cousin were ready to conduct an attack in the United States.

Edmonds and his cousin began meeting with another undercover agent in March who pretended to help Edmonds plan a trip to Mosul, Iraq to join the Islamic State group.

They also discussed a plan for Jonas Edmonds, 30, to use his cousin's military uniforms to attack the base in Joliet, Illinois where Hasan Edmonds was assigned.

Jonas said he wanted the undercover agent to help him achieve a "body count" of 100 to 150 people.

Hasan Edmonds took his cousin and the undercover agent to the base on March 24 to conduct surveillance and retrieve a training schedule in order to pick the best time to attack, the plea agreement said.

Jonas Edmonds drove his cousin to the airport the next day, but Hasan Edmonds was arrested before he could board the flight to Egypt. Jonas Edmonds drove from the airport to his cousin's house but was arrested before he could retrieve the uniforms.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

edit on 14-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
They should be ordered to take Christian classes now.

Never let a good crisis go to waste !!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Wisdom of our Founders...

Separation of Church and State was brilliant.

Cause, every time it has been combined, it sucks.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

" It is very disturbing that we have jihadist in the US military."

I find it much more disturbing and certainly of more concern that the FBI is always there to lend a helping hand.

I suppose all those alleged " Sleeper Cells " in EVERY State of the Union are actually asleep when a wanna be terrorist
could use a little brotherly help. Or perhaps that FBI fantasy is simply more fear mongering to sway public opinion against 1.5 Billion Muslims.

Of course one may simply watch the MSM and actually believe they have no agenda. Many do, which is also highly disturbing. Cheers

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
no sound on video

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Forcing a religion on people is exactly what people in the Islamic State want to do. Assuming you're being serious, how on earth would forcing people to study the Bible help anything? That's a really worrying sentiment, not to mention very counter-intuitive.

-----------

I find these Islamic fundamentalists absolutely disgusting. I'm really glad they caught these pieces of sh*t before they could slaughter a whole bunch of innocent people. I'm a big fan of the method of infiltration to inhibit terrorist actions.

Something needs to be done to stop people trying to join the Islamic State. The IS are very good with media; I encourage everyone to have a look at their popular magazine, Dabiq, in order to better understand their way of thinking and how they recruit people.

But what can be done to stop them? I am seeing, unfortunately way too often, people going on about how most Muslims are okay and want to live peacefully etc etc. This needs to stop. Yes it's true that most Muslims are not terrorists, but more attention should be paid on the horrors of Islamic fundamentalism. Peaceful Muslims are irrelevant. We're getting these young guys, who get sucked into IS's media tactics, thinking that fighting and dying for Islam is a great thing, that they will become martyrs.

It makes me angry. I'm an immigrant, I came to Australia from a different culture with a different language, but I damn well learned to speak English and made an effort to integrate myself, and these people, these Muslims, they stick together in their own little suburbs, shielding themselves away from the people whose country they have come to, they make no effort to fit in, and all the while they take advantage of a high standard of living and personal and political freedoms! No wonder then, that some of them will so easily be taken into Islamic propaganda, and dare to bite the hand that feeds.

I think we need some propaganda of our own, what do other people think? Would some sort of campaign illustrating the brutal horror of violence perpetrated by extreme Muslims help deter young idiots from sympathising with terrorists? Perhaps these people ought to be reminded of how good they have it in the west.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That's a scary prospect, signing up for the US military for jihad. I thought of it long ago so you know someone has done it.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
so what kind of time are these scumbags lookin at? i still think anyone apart of any branch of the armed forces found guilty of treason should meet the good ole firing squad.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

there will undoubtedly be others.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
so what kind of time are these scumbags lookin at? i still think anyone apart of any branch of the armed forces found guilty of treason should meet the good ole firing squad.

I think that's honestly the perfect answer. This isn't to be taken lightly at all. A firm point needs to be made that is you do this, you will not get a nice comfy jail cell, you will not get a nice painless death, we will shoot your ass dead.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Agreed & agreed. Unfortunately since we (the U.S.) aren't seriously threatened by Isil (yet) and the threat isn't real (yet), these huck feds will get a slap on the hand for now. Not to mention food water shelter and clothing & the opportunity to further educate themselves and others while sitting comfortably be hind minimum security bars

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Fort Hood shooter came to mind

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
How would stricter gun laws have prevented this situation?

top topics

join