It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth is Flat! 100% Video Proof Globe Earth Debunked (REFFI) MIRROR

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Why bother? The same people post the same things over and over again, using the same sources every time. The scientific responses remain exactly the same. It hasn't changed. The only thing that changes is the video of the month that "100% proves" the earth is flat.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

not sure if you are playing devils advocate trolling or just dumb as a box of rocks!

either way this will not get a serious debate because it is very well proven nonsense
in the same league as thinking that electricity is magic or the work of demons.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: semperfortis

the fact is the tread is taken as a joke so no one with any kind of info wants to even contribute because every time the issue comes up it is publicly denounced and labeled as a lie.

Good.

Idiots have been allowed podiums for far too long.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

From the Flat Earth Wiki :

The earth is surrounded on all sides by an ice wall that holds the oceans back. This ice wall is what explorers have named Antarctica. Beyond the ice wall is a topic of great interest to the Flat Earth Society. To our knowledge, no one has been very far past the ice wall and returned to tell of their journey. What we do know is that it encircles the earth and serves to hold in our oceans and helps protect us from whatever lies beyond.

So they are claiming that people have only flown over the edge of antartica, but never the north or south pole..... O jees...

In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence. It is too easily manipulated and altered. Many of the videos posted here to "prove a round earth" by showing curvature will show no curvature or even concave curvature at parts.

How does their own logic apply to any videos or photos flat earthers try to use as proof?
--------------
Looking at their website, it makes me think if this is what scientists thought the earth was like back in old times.

In conclusion, my thoughts are that some trolls or maybe serious people came up with a few arugments that might hold up in a debate of people without science knowledge.

edit on 14-12-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

a reply to: imd12c4funn

hey this goes against MAIN STREAM SCIENCE!!!!!!!!! This thread will imediatley put in the hoax bin or Ludicrous ONLINE LIE bin. WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DISCUSS anything that the mods dont think we should.

SOrry this is the nature of ATS. Deny Ignorance pffft, and promote censorship.

Here's a radical idea. How about you actually add to the discussion. Tell us how your evidence applies to your hypothesis instead of just complaining. Use your hypothesis to predict or explain anything.
"Nuh-Uh is not a valid argument!"

Don't get me wrong, I believe we should always be willing to consider the possibility something taken as fact could be incorrect. After all the most brilliant figures throughout history were wrong more often than they were right. Check out Aristotle. It stands to reason our current understanding of things will be proven to be equally inaccurate.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

yeah right
and i,m the bloody tooth fairy
struth stop playing pocket billiards and go outside

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Hey now! Easy on the chemtrails!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The Moon was visible from Las Vegas at the time of the launch.

Start here- www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
well they do say 'the four corners of the earth' .... (did this phrase pre-date maps i wonder?)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

a reply to: Akragon

well maybe instead of discrediting members and labeling threads as bs maybe you should give us some round earth science. Thats what this thread is about not dogging on members for speaking there mind.

Now you've done it!

Since there are no "Round Earth Clubs", obviously the obverse is true, according to the 'flat earthers' 'logic'. lol

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
What explains the difference in seasons and stars for the N and S hemispheres on flat Earth?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Is it a gold top ? Pre '78?

The thread you link to was a back and forth on 3D vs 2D.

Just as with audio, quadraphonic, stereo, surround sound are an effect. The audio, even if recorded with numerous signals, are all mono tracks. By separating the audio signals into one or more (multiple) tracks, the specificity of each track can be positioned left, right, front, rear, or a combination of multiple specific positions. This technique creates the stereo, quadraphonic, surround sound effect that gives you the sensation that the combined audio is coming from different positions. The same combination through a 60's era transistor radio would, in monophonic through the one little speaker, lack some audio that maybe was hard panned for stereo, and audio that was center panned for stereo would be dominant when listened to in monophonic. Eyes by themselves do not perceive depth, yet together, the stereophonic effect creates a field of vision that includes depth perception. An example would be the 3D glasses worn at 3D movies. the old ones are blue/red lenses, like stereo images from NASA, are two images combined to give depth perception and are colored like the old 3D glasses. Each image alone lacks depth. Together, depth perception is created by the effect.

These effects "trick" our senses creating the perception.

You could take an instrument track that is out of tune, let's say that it is inherently sharp in pitch by just under a quarter tone. If you were to hard pan that sharp track and insert or loop a plate reverb effect with the sharp track and hard pan the effect opposite the original, it can literally trick your senses into hearing the sharp track in tune. Although the track is sharp, the reverb effect alone can't make it sound in tune, but by hard panning the original one way and the effect the other way, now the track can be made to sound in tune. try it sometime.

With that said, I'm off to gather pine cones for a wreath.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
What explains the difference in seasons

Huge reverse cycle air conditioners that they change around to make the seasonsl

and stars for the N and S hemispheres on flat Earth?

mirrors

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

The thread you link to was a back and forth on 3D vs 2D.

I linked to my post refuting Reffi's claim the Moon shouldn't be visible at the time of the launch. It's the same vid in your OP.

Your post has nothing to do with anything in this thread or the thread my linked post is in.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I've been watching a lot of flat earth videos coincidentally, and they raise some interesting points, but I just saw the moon tonight lit on the quarter facing roughly where the sun went down, and the rest of the side facing me was slightly illuminated by light reflecting from the earth I guess. Regardless, if the moon was self luminous like the flat earth videos said, then the whole side facing me wolud have been lit up, not just the part facing the sun.
edit on 14-12-2015 by CB328 because: typo

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Oh boy....not on this site too....is this where the flat earth theorist come to discredit this site? Is the moon flat too? How about Mars, Jupiter and the like...any flat planets out there maestro?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Lots of people launched a recording camera or even an iPhone with a weather balloon up 90000+ feet.
What is stopping you from doing it yourself and get your own real proof ?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
... but again this is coming from millennia ago... from people who didn't know any better...

Oh please, as if nowadays we understand everything, right?
We're all as much in the dark now as a couple thousand years ago, concerning our existence.
Maybe even in the past, people understood things better, than we do today.
There are more means to mind# us all on a larger scale now, than in the past anyway.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I did not see what you say. I saw a back and for the on 3d vs 2d.

My wreath is finished. It is round, yet flat.
Except for the pine cones sticking out as if mountains.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I did not see what you say. I saw a back and for the on 3d vs 2d.

My wreath is finished. It is round, yet flat.
Except for the pine cones sticking out as if mountains.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join