It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domain name troubles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ok first off let me start by saying I'm not sure i am looking for help here rather just advice. I am in tech by profession and am well educated in the art of PC (all walks of life).

Doing my rounds looking for some new domains to buy i stumble across the fact that a country government secret agency name is available so i purchased it along with 3 other domains. All domains were up and running and i setup some small vps servers to run on each domain.

2 hrs later i find all 4 domains have gone. I login to domain seller to report the issue, i send my ticket and wait. Then i tried to log back in but my account was now disabled. So i emailed..... i received one back stating that they thought my account was fraud and ask for drivers licence. I oblige and send and they ask for the card on its own and a re-scan in high res. I oblige once more and resend.

Next they want more proof. I send council tax letter and tenancy summery. I hear nothing...........

I mean this seems kinda weird no? i buy domains all the time and never have this issue.

Yes i have bought a government agency department named domain but surely there is no law against that, if they needed it they would have registered it? Or like anyone else they can offer to buy it from me possibly? Whats happened here seems to me like good old mob mentality.

Maybe i am wrong, but i don't see my domains coming back.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: StickyBuddha

1 and 1?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: StickyBuddha

You need to find a new hobby.
Seriously.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

buying domain names can be a very profitable investment.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: benwyatt

namecheap
edit on 13-12-2015 by StickyBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Yeah I'd agree you aren't getting them back and the odds on getting a straight honest answer are slim to nil

At the very least you should get a refund

Out of interest who did you get the domains through?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RevPaul

i bought them with namecheap. I was refunded but got nothing back and no answers yet.

top topics

join