It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Disease That Is Feminism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

again your intellect fails you ,for my posts clearly state that as well,so yes i would like to collect my 1000 points of light
now ,but i will give you sat navigation again as map reading seems beyond your scope try episode 3 of the ops video but this is the third time now in this thread ,so no link will be given to you for the op has already done this ,so please do not expect me to yield

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien
Thanks Stu, you're such a gentleman. And a scholar to boot.

edit on 12/15/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: meemaw

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Tenebris

I love women and female energy, but I am still put off by the man-hating version of feminism. I guess you would call them feminist extremists. Just like Islamic Extremists you can't blame all women for a few crazies because most women are awesome...so awesome I married one.

Right there.....that's what pisses me off. You get a guy who starts a thread like this, basically hating on women and there's a crowd of guys patting him on the back , saying there, there. But you get a woman who voices strong or negative attitudes towards men and she becomes a "man hater" and that is a very bad thing.

How in the hell is what Met said offensive?? I just don't see what you see at all in his comment. Is it the dislike of extremist feminism that is offensive? Why? The man-hating flavor does exist, don't pretend it doesn't just to play the victim card & crap all over the guy's dislike of a type of extremism (otherwise, you're just proving the assertion true to a degree)

If a woman makes a negative comment about a man or men, she's a man hater. You even said that I'm proving the assertion true, again, because I objected to that label. You are the one who proved MY assertion true.

I will try to simplify my point for you....men bitch about women all the time and that's ok, right? Just boys talking. The original poster ranted about feminists and thats ok. If a woman stands up to some redneck who likes his women pretty, quiet and dumb, she gets labelled a man hater because she wants to be treated with more respect. The term, "man hater" in itself is derogatory.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: meemaw

Horsecrap, either gender can berate the other all they want. The difference between men & women poking tongue-in-cheek fun at each other, and the uptight "everyone is against us" hate-filled feminists is that those particular feminists eat, sleep & breathe the vitriol, and mean it.

I can discern between benign humor and hurtful vitriol, why can't you?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Rinse and repeat...actually rinse thrice.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
She strikes me as somebody who took full advantage of the groundwork laid by feminists to obtain a good career then set about trying to burn the ladder once she put herself in position.

The protests against her are intensely stupid though.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I really don't think much of feminism.

I really don't.

The world doesn't owe women anything more than anyone else.

I treat women the same as I do men.

Take care of your own damn problems and stop trying to guilt me in to paying for everything.

There I said it.

Flame away.
edit on 17-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Feminists and other minority groups are simply fighting against inequality and bias, just because some here think they treat these people equally (and some of you may very well do that) does not mean that inequalities and bias does not exist within the societal framework (and we know t does exist). To deny these inequalities exist with all groups seeking equality is to choose ignorance.

posted on Jan, 4 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Tenebris

Denying anything is not going to bring in positive results.

Why would you deny 'ignorance', which is such a vague term anyway, instead of teaching, telling, educating and enlightening people?

It's like denying darkness. How is that going to help you see?

No, you have to bring in a light instead of blaming darkness or denying ignorance.

Ignorance is not going to vanish by you denying it. You're not facing the truth or your fears, which is important to do. You should always face things instead of running away from them (some exceptions allowed).

Denying ignorance is just another way of saying 'curse the darknes' instead of lighting a candle'.

Bring information and wisdom to people, and they won't BE ignorant anymore. Then what's there to deny?

P.S. No one hijacked feminism. Even first-wave feminism is not an organic movement that started from some kind of injustice - gender roles were well defined back in the day, and women got the better cards, ALWAYS. Prostitution is the OLDEST profession, which means, women have ALWAYS been pedestalized and had more social and sexual power than men, and they have ALWAYS had so much sex for free, they can even sell the surplus, and thus EXPLOIT men by using their (women's) sexuality to gain men's resources, wealth and money.

I say anyone thinking feminism had ANY kind of reason to exist other than the agenda-based, agency-created one, is only fooling themselves.
edit on 4-1-2022 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join