It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian destroyer fires warning shots at Turkish fishing boat on collision course in Aegean

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

ask yourself......why didn't the Ruski's alter course?

Because it was ankered up. The Russian ship was dead in the water. That is why it didnt alter its cource.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: 727Sky

So now the invincible Russian Navy is afraid of fishing boats?

Come on they are luckly they even got a ship to even float

edit on 13-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Discotech

My vessels have unknowns on steady bearings well within 1000m meters - constantly. 99.9% of the time it's because I'm about to run over their livelihood, or it's drunk pricks wanting a closer look at "the really big boat" - they don't have the tech you and I would consider mandatory in these circumstances.

Vlads sailors over reacted. The Fishermen should have exercised more caution and observed COLREGS.

Not to mention the Russians could have simply 'changed course'. Likely the Turks have been there a little longer than the Russians....

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I'm sure I wouldn't want to play chickens with my fish boat against destroyer.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Dont you People pay attention to details?

The Russian ship was ankered up, and dead in the water. The Russians didnt fire the warning shoots until the Fishing boat was 500m away.

The Russians need to step up their game if the Fishing boat dont respond to prewarnings..... use some common sense.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
only a small correction in the topic, it was not a fishing boat, it was a ship (not big but not small either). Also the Russian ship was authorized by us to be in our waters and port, the turkish one violated the seas and tried to collide with the Russian.

Putin summoned the turkish ambassador for explanations and also announced, this is a part of the terrorism in Syria, by Turks.

the translation is a bit off, link

it says : Breaking news : Kremlin urgently summoned the turkish ambassador for explanations. (and the link also contains the Kremlin announcement).

On December 13, 2015, the Russian Smetlivy ship was 22 kilometers off the coast of Lesbos in the north of preventing collision with a Turkish boat At 9:03 observers identified the Turkish ship 1.000 meters approaching the Russian ship docked from the right side. Despite the many efforts of the Russian ship Smetlivy gain communication with the Turkish ship, the crew did not respond to either the wireless or the signals of semaphores, as neither in rockets - mark. Since the distance between the two ships reached the 600 meters, small arms used within guaranteed the survival of the target, in order to avoid collision of ships. Immediately after that, the Turkish ship changed its course and has continued to walk 540 meters without coming into contact with the Russian crew. In connection with the incident in the Aegean Sea, the Russian Deputy Minister of Defence, Anatoly Antonov, invited military attaché of Turkey's Embassy in Russia the Russian Ministry of Defense, "the statement concludes.

from the Kremlin statement it seems the Russian ship was near my Island Lesbos! Maybe the turkish ship belonged in one of the many Turkish smugglers MKOs (they smuggle immigrants and they fight for the human rights after, getting lots of bucks, stop donating to these MKO's and they are also funded by SOROS).
edit on 13-12-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have to say that Russian naval ships are quite ugly.

That aside, this sounds like a bit of an over reaction. If the trawler/ship was flying a red ensign or a Greek flag, or any other nationality, I wonder whether an alternative course would have been considered.

We know temperatures are high, so this is probably macho chest thumping, like the sailor waving a his willy (sorry missile launcher rocket launcher) recently.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 13/12/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

why didn't the Ruski's alter course?

I believe I read somewhere they were at anchor, not underway.

ETA: I see somebody got in before me. No worries.
edit on 13-12-2015 by Ratman because: Beaten to the punch

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

According to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Seas, the Russian and Turkish ships were in international waters, not Greek waters.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

According to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Seas, the Russian and Turkish ships were in international waters, not Greek waters.

We have a direct statement from our navy commander

Sources of GEN (Navy commandership) confirm the Russian version that A / T used the navigation channel had - to communicate with the Turkish ship which was moving towards the Smetlivy informing the Turks not to approach closer than two nautical miles from their ship.
The Russian warship was expecting to receive approval by crossing the Straits of the Dardanelles to continue his journey back to Russia.

"The event took place within the Greek continental shelf and search and rescue area."

"Please note that in the area (south of Limnos) Russian Navy, with the approval of the Greek authorities of Greece, it has installed permanent anchorage."

The article also states :
The crew of the M / T, according to what announced by the Russian Ministry of Defense, Russians spotted the Turkish vessel approximately one kilometers from their position and have taken the course in front of the Russian destroyer few minutes after 09.00 today.

Turkish kyverntitis failed in its attempt to communicate either in flares, so when the two ships were found within 600 m., The Russians threw warning fire with heavy machine guns which fire battered the boat in some places, but Further deliberately throws dropped They were cast into the sea.

And a personal comment, what makes you believe that a ship will anchor in international deep waters.. lol That is lol man.

Speaking about UN, you should ask from UN stop hiring employees to work for these turkish/islamic MKOs, who smuggle illegal immigrants in our islands. We would appreciate that (UN is paying also their salaries). UN is an accomplice of these criminal organizations. Keep that as a complaint.

BREAKING NEWS : The turkish "fishing boat" was a spy boat and it looks like it, its not a fishing boat...

link photos included of the boat.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas

We have a direct statement from our navy commander

Sources of GEN (Navy commandership) confirm the Russian version that A / T used the navigation channel had - to communicate with the Turkish ship which was moving towards the Smetlivy informing the Turks not to approach closer than two nautical miles from their ship.
The Russian warship was expecting to receive approval by crossing the Straits of the Dardanelles to continue his journey back to Russia.

"The event took place within the Greek continental shelf and search and rescue area."

"Please note that in the area (south of Limnos) Russian Navy, with the approval of the Greek authorities of Greece, it has installed permanent anchorage."

The article also states :
The crew of the M / T, according to what announced by the Russian Ministry of Defense, Russians spotted the Turkish vessel approximately one kilometers from their position and have taken the course in front of the Russian destroyer few minutes after 09.00 today.

Turkish kyverntitis failed in its attempt to communicate either in flares, so when the two ships were found within 600 m., The Russians threw warning fire with heavy machine guns which fire battered the boat in some places, but Further deliberately throws dropped They were cast into the sea.

And a personal comment, what makes you believe that a ship will anchor in international deep waters.. lol That is lol man.

Speaking about UN, you should ask from UN stop hiring employees to work for these turkish/islamic MKOs, who smuggle illegal immigrants in our islands. We would appreciate that (UN is paying also their salaries). UN is an accomplice of these criminal organizations. Keep that as a complaint.

BREAKING NEWS : The turkish "fishing boat" was a spy boat and it looks like it, its not a fishing boat...

What a lot of rubbish !!!

Ship was waiting to enter Dardanelles , therefore it is not possible that the ship was anywhere near the Greek borders.
That "permanent anchor" is totally fiction ; If you are anchoring to enter the Dardanelles then you are no where near Greece but indeed you are sailing at Turkish Waters .

Fishing boat as a spy boat ?

We know that the Greeks will do anything to accommadate Russian operations against Turks .

Greeks are dreaming of Russian takeover of Istanbul & destruction of Turks .

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Boat in question ;

The fishing boat that wasn't a fishing boat !!! ..

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

a ship must give a week notice I think, but even if not that the case, we have many ships from russia in our ports. Most of them which they wait and depart for black seas after few days.

You should understand sea navigation better before you comment for your country (turkey) interests. And thats not a fishing boat, the article I gave have more photos, if you scroll down. But fishing boats in Aegean seas are up to 20-25m max, this is like a research boat, about 60-80m.

In the photos you can see a lift machine for a cage and special crafts boats installed. Fishing boats dont have these things. Also the central room / bridge is AWAY to big for a fishing boat.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

a ship must give a week notice I think, but even if not that the case, we have many ships from russia in our ports. Most of them which they wait and depart for black seas after few days.

I know your ports [ which are not yours anymore ] , I have been to many of them .

For every Russian ship that sits in Greek ports there exists about 1000 Ethnic Greeks to sink them in the ports where they sit .

You accuse Turks of being America's kid [ not true ] yet Greeks want to be the child of Europe & USA & Russia .

And that is a standart mid size fishing vessel , here is a video of a similar ship from last year.

edit on 13-12-2015 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Your paranoia is huge. The official statistics from what Ellines want to be, is without Americans, without Russians and without anybody actually.

about 60-65% they want to be with nobody and that is why the 50-65% dont vote, all political parties represent other countries.. lol
a 20-25% russia and the other 10 goes to others (America, etc).

but beware this topic is not to calm your ego, its about an attempt of your country, to collide with a russian warship in our waters.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Your paranoia is huge. The official statistics from what Ellines want to be, is without Americans, without Russians and without anybody actually.

about 60-65% they want to be with nobody

but beware this topic is not to calm your ego, its about a attempt of your country, to collide with a russian warship.

It's not paranoia , I have been sailing to Greece since 1975 , in fact on a few occasions I have sailed solo from Bodrum to Cos.

I know what Greeks wish because I grew up with Greeks .

This thread is about Russians trying to save face with bullying attempts on the high seas .

Fancy shooting at an unarmed vessel in times of peace !!!

Russians seems to fancy it and some Greeks also ever so ready to side with the aggressor , violator Russians .

Btw , I am a member of Turkish - Greek Friendship and actually I have learned lots of life lessons from Greek friends that i have / had .

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

about 60-65% they want to be with nobody

but beware this topic is not to calm your ego, its about a attempt of your country, to collide with a russian warship.

I have been sailing to Greece since 1975 , in fact on a few occasions I have sailed solo from Bodrum to Cos.

interesting statement, do you take other people with you when you sail?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

This thread is about Russians trying to save face with bullying attempts on the high seas .

Fancy shooting at an unarmed vessel in times of peace !!!

Another alternative is that given the tensions between Turkey and Russia after the shoot-down of the Russian aircraft by Turkey, could have been an attempt from Turkey, to cause and incident and then claim how the Russians shoot at an unarmed "Fishing-Boat".

So, a Turkish vessel coming towards a Russian warship and do not answering on calls and flares. It is interesting that only after the Russian ship shoot warning shots at 500 meters it changed course.

Regards

Seed

edit on 13-12-2015 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

interesting statement, do you take other people with you when you sail?

yeah , your mum & sister on their way back from the party at Halikarnassus .

p.s if this joke is too much for the mods , pls feel free to delete it .

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

In the photos you can see a lift machine for a cage and special crafts boats installed. Fishing boats dont have these things. Also the central room / bridge is AWAY to big for a fishing boat.

Um. Dragging us back to topic...

The picture you post was a trawler. The "lift machine" et al, is for the nets and rigs.

Even the Russian defence website refer the vessel and a "Turkish seine vessel". A "seine" is a type of trawler that uses a seiner net.

On December 13, 2015, the Russian guard ship Smetlivy staying 22 km far from the Lemnos Island in the northern part of the Aegean Sea prevented the collision with a Turkish seine vessel.

Source Russian mil defence website
edit on 13/12/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join