It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Weather

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Here it is 13 days from Xmas here in the mile high Rockies. Today it was 72 degrees outside and now it's beginning to snow. We are used to extreme swings but this is very unusual for this time of year. Normally the tempature is slightly above freezing during the day and very cold at nite. Our ski season hasn't even started for lack of snow.

What's it like in your neck of the woods.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Sounds like global warming

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Atlanta...rain or very cloudy for almost two months straight and then a bit cold-ish the last few weeks (hit a few days below freezing), and yesterday and today, like you, in the 70s...seems we're having our Indian Summer in mid-December. Some of the trees still have green leaves. Weird patterns.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Here in south Louisiana it's normal. 70 with occasional rain

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
we here in australia (qld specifically) are having an extremely hot summer again. the third in a row.

beach weather started at a least a month early and we are told to expect the hottest summer on record. not much rain yet either!

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Its winter in the uk, exactly as it should be.

How do you people know its weird weather?
How long have you been alive?
long enough to build a huge database?
No!

You only say its weird because you've been taught to think that ANY change is "weird"

What would be weird would be if it stayed the same for a very long time!

Not so long ago we used to say "That was a bad winter" or "That was a good summer", but now? now any change whatsoever is described as weird and therefore must be due to GW.

Global mass brainwashing is more like it!

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Been really warm here too. Last year was cold, and year before really cold.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
61 degrees here in Detroit. Which is way above normal for this time of year. I don't ever recall it being this warm in December here in southeast Michigan. As a matter of fact it has been above normal for a month now. I guess it's el nino or global warming. I'm not complaining, but still it's a little unsettling

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It was in the 70s today in Kentucky.

That's warm, but we have oddball warm days/weeks every winter.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
flagg, because it's time to say.....

Hey there, O P where are you in the Rockies?.....I grew up in Casper and Arvada....Air Force in Denver and Idaho...

thanksgiving in November is the line in the sand for skiing up I-70.

....I've been following this odd as hail rainfall closely for three years...doing trials with growing sweetcorn...

I'm in Texas and a Weather man...at the flight service station, I always ask how the 800 millibar chart looks....he he

What do you think about if Jesus is the early and the late rains......then the pattern I've seen lately is right in line with a 2016 rapture.....I know....Colorado's snow.....has it ever been this late to form a base before, in history

edit on 12-12-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit...A Basin Web cam.....taint nobody there....It looked solid white, I didn't know
edit on 12-12-2015 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I would say it's just the weather, the high was only 59° in Las Vegas today.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Grassland Desert of the High plains of Texas, Usually we are on fire with huboobs blowing though, this year We are Wet, misty, muddy and wet...

What is weird is how Antarctica is gaining ice while Oz is scorching... now that is natural earth madness.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
68 and cloudy in south west Pennsylvania today. A new record set for Pittsburgh and a prediction of 70 (another record breaker) tomorrow.

It happens in an "el Nino" winter.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Glinda
How does it compare to the previous el Ninos? And the last, very extreme, el Nino in '97-'98?

edit on 12/12/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It's been warm here for the most part. I'm not complaining. Last year I was ass deep in snow up on the mountain trying to help get fire wood.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

What sort of trees are providing the wood?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
It was a mix of poplar, various oak (red, white, and black), birch, and maple. The oak was harder to bust up but it burns longest. Maple was slightly easier and burned for a while. Birch was somewhat easy to bust up and burned almost as long as the maple. It smelled good, too. Poplar was really easy to bust, burned hot, but didn't last long.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Has no one here heard of 'Climate Geoengineering'?

Or 'Stratospheric Aerosol Geoengineering' (SAG).
Or even 'Solar Radiation Management' (SRM).

Please inform yourselves.

www.geoengineeringwatch.org

Then look up in your skies.
This is being done by your government, whichever country you live in, without consent from the public.

Read the whole site, before you decide to go into denial of what's going on.

I'm not here to start an argument.
It's important to know what is being done to alter our atmosphere and our biosphere, for very questionable reasons.

What we're experiencing now is not uniquely 'Anthropogenic Global Warming'; however anthropogenic it certainly is and is definitely not to our advantage.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
Hmm...those seem to be species which prefer temperate climates.

You didn't mention alder but it would also qualify.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Nice up here in the Upper Peninsula. There's a trace of snow on the ground and it's about thirty degrees I think. Way better than last year. I really like El-Nino winters.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join