It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New 'Tarzan" movie coming out this summer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
A new Tarzan and The Apes movie! This one with CGI. Looks like it might be fun. I used to adore the Tarzan movies, but something about this one seems kind of 'dangerous'. lol. Have a peek at the trailer.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Is Tarzan an assassin from AC? I swear he just did a swan dive lol...

Live action film looks alright though... The animated version was better.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Another remake? Can't Hollyweird find something original?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Industry insiders are fully expecting this movie to flop for some reason. The budget was 180 million! I'd go just to watch Skarsgård.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

On the nose Star. I read Tarzan as a child and watched all the old Weissmuller black and whites when they came to Saturday morning tv. Then there were the sequels and the chaning of the actors and then when that franchise went south, they did the Bamba series and on and on. They even did a series called Jungle Jim where ole Johnny was the 'good' white hunter instead of the ape man.

All to CASH IN on a previous cash cow. No creativity, just rehash of proven box office boffo.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Fantastic. I loved the black & white Tarzans and was lucky enough to see the filming of Greystoke in London although at the time I thought there was a real gorilla running around. It was all very surreal.

All the remakes haven't hit the mark for me so will this be any different? I do hope so! Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

🐒🐵

edit on 11122015 by Scallywwagg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Scallywwagg

I'll go see it too. This one looks like it might have a different 'flavor' to it, with some interesting visuals. It's been quite a while since Greystoke, and the story never gets old. I'd almost forgotten about Tarzan, and glad to see they are bringing him back for a redux!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
It has Samuel L. Jackson... enough said... !

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Scallywwagg

I remember Greystoke, in about 1984. Andie McDowell played Jane, and on a trip to London Tarzan went to the zoo and let all the animals out of their cages. Very moving when one of the great apes turned out to be the one who raised Tarzan. Evidently the gorilla you saw running around in London. Cool. : )

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I loved Edgar Rice Burroughs as a kid... John Carter and Tarzan were my role models, heh... and then I grew out of them and discovered real literature.

However, it's freakin' Tarzan! And the Tarzan thing is full of unexplored territory and the book was rather dark at times (and incredibly racist, but it was of it's time) and there's room to explore.

And yeah, rehashing worn out ideas is all Hollywood seems to do these last 30 years... but it doesn't mean this film won't be interesting... .doesn't mean it will be, either, tho.

Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamiros

Yep. And the Director, David Yates, directed the final four Harry Potter movies.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamiros

I wonder if it has @#$%^ snakes... on a @#$%^ plain?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The best.

Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes

edit on 11-12-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

top topics

join