It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El Chapo story vs ISIS was Satire. It was a joke that was picked up by major news media.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

But this is not true. Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman has not waged war against ISIS. The rumor started on a satire web site that frequently publishes fake stories. It was mistakenly picked up as a genuine news item by a web site that specializes in stories about the cartel, and was then regurgitated by several popular publications.

This isn't the first time that Thug Life Videos has fooled the media with a story about El Chapo. In October 2015, the web site helped promulgate the false story that El Chapo had put a bounty on Donald Trump's head.

A disclaimer on the site explains that while Thug Life Video's main focus is on creating and sharing videos and entertainment news, they occasionally publish satire:

www.snopes.com...

It was a reasonable story, as the Sinaloa Cartel has had operations in the ME as of recently. The idea that ISIS might be interfering with their shipments is not out of the realm of possibilities, however, I think people's own wishes and wants here might muddy the story more than anything, people likely want to believe that Daesh has made enemies with absolutely ever powerful organization in the world. And lets be honest, they are pretty close to having done that....
edit on 11-12-2015 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It seemed like BS from that start, not that I'm some sort of analytical mofo. It was just ultra cheese. About as believable as every rapper claiming to know El Chapo... more like El Queso

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

The story that it came from encrypted emails, well, its exactly how people like El Chapo communicate to each other. Its really not that crazy. Although it did make me wonder why he was in contact with Al Bagdadi to begin with...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

I suppose I should say I found the text of the email to be that of cheese/cliche. I mean not that I know how he'd talk but it felt contrived.

As for them actually being in contact I wouldn't doubt it, I figured everyone is running something. Circles tend to overlap.
edit on 11-12-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

If snopes says so it MUST be true.

I was going to question the veracity of the claims made in your OP then I saw the snopes link.

Snopes cannot be contested.

LOL

edit on 11-12-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
It seemed like BS from that start, not that I'm some sort of analytical mofo. It was just ultra cheese. About as believable as every rapper claiming to know El Chapo... more like El Queso

Jumping Jehosaphats!

You didn't post a one liner?

Finally find your keyboard?

Just messing

I thought the story was bunk too.

edit on 11-12-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It is no longer amazing when the mainstream media goes off on a wild goose chase. Indeed, it is a frequent event. They are so gullible it is shameful.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
People are so de-tuned nowaways that any story that reads similar to something they might see on TV or in a Movie gets accepted as reality.

Hell, next we'll be seeing a story about how Rambo is being sent to Pakistan to secure borders against ISIS.

Fox would probably be the first to run this..

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I thought the story on El Chapo was that he was going to assassinate Trump?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Yep..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have alerted the mods to this as well, nothing yet..

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

I was going to question the veracity of the claims made in your OP then I saw the snopes link.

LOL

Forbes have retracted the story, so there's that.

And if that's not good enough, the original source, thug life videos also have said that the Bloods and Crips have joined forces against ISIS...

edit on 12/12/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Decent news outlets have added small-print retractions.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Ha, I like the use of decent.

Easy to pile crap on MSM, but credit where credit is due to those that at least correct themselves.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

LOL

Forbes have retracted the story, so there's that.

And if that's not good enough, the original source, thug life videos also have said that the Bloods and Crips have joined forces against ISIS...

Has all the makings of a decent B grade movie

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

LOL

Well for sure this is fake, it came from "eldeforma.com" which means something like "thedeformer", an onion like site but from Mexico.

eldeforma.com...

Some good stuff on that page lol, check this one out, spanish but google should help, it says "ISIS member got beaten up in Mexico because people thought he was a hipster"

eldeforma.com...
edit on 12-12-2015 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

top topics

join