It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#ZumaMustFall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Yes, I know this is about the South African president, and most people outside of SA don't care about this... But I want you to take a moment to look at our president and reconsider just how bad your own leader/president really is...

For example: People want to crucify Obama when a Marine holds up an umbrella for him when it rains, or when he salutes with a coffee cup or when he says "You didn't build that"... Talk about first world problems...

Let me introduce you to our president - Jacob Zuma.

He can't pronounce the simplest words...

He can't read numbers...

The better version...

He is clueless about geography:

But let's overlook the fact that we know toadstools that are smarter than him...

Zuma spent R246 million ($15 964 000) of the taxpayer's money on "security upgrades" on his private residence (Called Nkandla)... And may we add that these "security upgrades" include a swimming pool, cattle kraal, chicken run, visitor's centre and an amphitheater... The matter was brought to the public protector, and she ruled that the spending was unlawful. His reaction? He jokes about it...

Nothing came of it...

He is now getting a new presidential jet estimated at R 4 Billion ($ 259,587,760) Read More. Taxpayer money.

He has 6 wives. And an estimated 20 children. Who's paying to maintain this lot and jet them along everywhere Mr Zuma goes?

In the past 5 years the Rand/Dollar exchange rate fell from below R8/$1 to R15+/$1...

Economy growth is the slowest ever.

Zuma has over the years faced over 700 criminal charges including rape, corruption and defeating the ends of justice... Found guilty of how many in the end? That's right... zero...

This is also the guy that said that to prevent HIV/AIDS you should take a shower after having sex...

And so on and so forth... But the latest stupidity is the final cherry on the cake...

Zuma fired the minister of Finance, Nhlanhla Nene and appointed outsider, Desmond van Rooyen, with zero experience within the national treasury. This caused the Rand/Dollar to crash days after Fitch cut the country’s credit rating by one notch to BBB-, the lowest investment grade category before junk status... The reason for firing the minister? Nene stood up against Zuma. More

People are getting fed-up. South Africa is at its lowest point, socially and economically in decades... #ZumaMustFall is trending all over social media. Hopefully this outrage will not only keep but also gain momentum. What I don't understand is the fact that the majority of his supporters are "the poorest of the poor" - many of them don't even have running water in their shacks... Yet they believe Zuma is their savior?

The big question is, how do you get rid of a President [read: dictator] who is squashing anyone that dares to oppose him?
edit on 11/12/2015 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
around the time i was living in Johannesburg i remember those guys on the "rude awakening" radio show talk about how he said you can get rid of hiv/aids by having a shower and to demonstrate that, he basically raped some woman (without providing evidence that she had the virus) and took a shower.
that alone should be more than enough to get rid of this man.
that guy is destroying all that SA worked very had to accomplish.
such a beautiful place in his hands is a disgrace

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

with a mindset like that, you must be one of the Originals here.

Good on you for standing up for what you believe in, it seems we are in the same boat on a different continent..... Our leaders have betrayed us and people are lashing out all around. Do you receive the same sentiment you just expressed in return from other citizens you know or do people still just make excuses to look the other way?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

lol omg I thought it's gonna take another 500 years but no, this guy is worse than president Camacho

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I think, in a forum such as this, with members such as we have, that it is unwise to believe that simply because the events and problems you depict in your OP are occurring in South Africa, rather than South Dakota, that people do not care about them.

South Africa is a land of massive potential, and it is shameful to see what Zuma has decided to do with it. Squandering such resources of space and humanity as he has at his disposal, makes the fellow a candidate for the "Completely Useless Bastard of the Year" award, without a doubt.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: benwyatt
...Do you receive the same sentiment you just expressed in return from other citizens you know or do people still just make excuses to look the other way?

Zuma's cabinet and political party sits squarely behind him (one of the few bodies with the power to get rid of him) because they all know if anyone says a bad word they're out the door... It also seems like many of his supporters are still 100% behind him, but in social media I'm picking up a lot of criticism from those that used to support him.

One of the other governing bodies that are able to get rid of Zuma, is the Public Protector, but as we saw with the Nkandla homestead debacle, Zuma simply couldn't care less what the Public Protector has to say. And poor Thuli Madonsela - head of the PP's office is still trying to recover after the Nkandla circus; I doubt she'll make a move on the matter.

There are two petitions doing its rounds. The one was started yesterday and the target signatures were initially 10,000. They are now at 53,000 signatures. Here's the graph from the other petition that has been on the internet for 6 months...

Take note of the last two days:

But as I said. This needs some momentum. Yes, the people are angry today, and everyone is signing petitions - but petitions are not going to change anything...

And on a lighter note...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Wow talking about first world problems, your currency went from 8 to 15 and credit rate to bbb? That man is genius compared to Maduro...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

How did this guy get to be president? Did he win a prize? I don't know how your political system works, but is there no tools in place to bring charges against him and remove him?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

WOW that graph went straight up. You should add it to OP, it says alot.

With skyrocketing awareness (graph) i would say it is just a matter of time.

You are a mod on the most well known conspiracy site...... this will get around the net.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

How did this guy get to be president? Did he win a prize? I don't know how your political system works, but is there no tools in place to bring charges against him and remove him?

The only way politicians get into office. Empty promises. The problem here is loyalty. The ANC (Zuma's political party) got 62.15% of the votes. The supporters support the ANC because the ANC was the party that freed the country from Apartheid with Nelson Mandela as the party leader. So, the supporters support the ANC, but not necessarily the president. The ANC gets to appoint its own party leader and through that the president of the country...

I think many of his supporters are waiting on the edge of their seats for "land reform". Something we saw in Zimbabwe. Property is simply taken from (white) people and given to poor or "previously disadvantaged" people... Would you not support someone that is promising you free property?

That being said - this isn't a white vs. black thing. This is one man (and his lackeys) against everyone else. White people make up only 8.9% of the population, meaning the 79.2% of the black population is also affected negatively with the economy being driven into the ground. And it's the poorest people that feel it the hardest...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

That sounds like a screwed up situation. Who is second in charge? is that a better option?

On the plus side, you guys have some amazing wine over there, so I'd suggest enjoying that and wait it out.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
People propably support him as it is clear he is a comedian. But not all Comedians are what they pretend to be for example Bill Cosby.
Its sad your country is ruled by imcompetent people who´s only goal is making themselves rich. He is not hiding all the stuff he has gained during the presidency.. i wonder if there is some kind of medical condition behind how he acts.. if he has a "seasons" when he buys a lot and seasons he feels depressed.. bipolar or just mean piece of human being who doesn´t care no one else but himself..

World is weird place and it seems to go weirder each day.
edit on 11-12-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Sounds like he is a new world order stooge sent to destroy a country from within, kind of like the last two presidents in the US. Out of chaos comes order!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

The big question is, how do you get rid of a President [read: dictator] who is squashing anyone that dares to oppose him?

super sonic lead poisoning ? [ a tungsten / copper composite is an environmentally freindly acceptable subsitute ]

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
All I can say is that people must have been even stupider than he is to give him the job. How could they not see it?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

he mumbled some incoherent bollox that they wanted to here - thus voted for the idiot

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
They must be easily impressed. I have a shiny piece of aluminum foil that they might like. I'm sure they'd find it fascinating.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I am thinking Maduro has a bit less to work with to begin with relatively speaking.

Venezuela was not as developed as South Africa was when Chavez continued its slide.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

(Howzit OP
and hello Skid Mark

If you follow all the suspicious circumstances around Zuma becoming president and his actions since, you'll know that El Presidente was never voted in; he was installed when Thabo Mbeki wasn't dancing to the ANC's tune (i.e. he slowed the gravy train down too much for them and Zuma got it running perfectly)...

As a South African, I'm seriously down on democracy (I think its a farce - mob rule); and I am seriously investigating how to start a tax-revolt; or to secede, if Zuma does not step down.

Cheese

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Terms and Conditions of ATS : No Recruitment Allowed
edit on 12/14/2015 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join