It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Extremism and Terrorism in the USA.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: buster2010

Actually you won't find any real stats because Christians are always labeled as murderers whereas Muslims are always labeled as terrorist.

That's because the Muslim terrorists *ARE* terrorists right?

I see the excuses are really getting thin and weak lately.

No not thin or weak I have no problem saying there are Muslim terrorist it's just too bad people don't have the balls to admit there are Christian terrorist.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

show us the body counts

show us the impact

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

There is just as much Christian terrorism but we never hear it in the news because we aren't trying to wage a war against Christians.

show us in detail

or can't you?

we want to see real hard facts that are 100% Christian based

not your wild fantasies

edit on Dec-10-2015 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
OP, You're being sucked into the nonsense. Or you're just bring the nonsense. You call out/upon "gallup" as if they're the deciding factor? You throw a lot of % numbers out there. Were you asked? I know I wasn't! I'd remember. Your little "researched poll numbers" don't mean squat. So what is your take to your post? What's your answer? Or are you just venting on Christians? Were you ever polled?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
OP, You're being sucked into the nonsense. Or you're just bringing the nonsense. You call out/upon "gallup" as if they're the deciding factor? You throw a lot of % numbers out there. Were you asked? I know I wasn't! I'd remember. Your little "researched poll numbers" don't mean squat. So what is your take to your post? What's your answer? Or are you just venting on Christians? Were you ever polled?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Fish or cut bait, buster. Don't let your bigotry stop you. Show us your "balls" buster. Where are these Christian "terrorist" you speak of?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

There is just as much Christian terrorism but we never hear it in the news because we aren't trying to wage a war against Christians.

Except there isn't(or nobody has shown yet). Only your opinion states otherwise. The entire purpose of the OP was to encourage others to bring stats that show Christians are terrorists through studies which show extremist views (measured by percentages)

a reply to: JacKatMtn

I agree with your assessment with the exception of "folks that worship should defend their faith by driving out those who would soil their beliefs".

The "golden rule" seems to parrellel itself among every religion but is sidetracked by legalism.

edit on 10-12-2015 by ghostrager because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You can find both sides of any debate or statistics online with the internet.

The difference is .....we know which side the OP has taken.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

a reply to: JacKatMtn

I agree with your assessment with the exception of "folks that worship should defend their faith by driving out those who would soil their beliefs".

The "golden rule" seems to parrellel itself among every religion but is sidetracked by legalism.

Driving out was a harsh term... it was a bad choice of words... Thanks for reminding me..

I do however, hope that those who worship peacefully in all faiths, would recognize those who have gone off the beaten path to extremism, and reel them in if possible, but still be able to alert the authorities should that effort fail, and they pose a threat to the community..

Definitely concerned about relations of ALL folks right now... seems to me, that there is a pressure from on high to divide us by every means possible... race, religion, creed & color...

It's up to US... the one's on the receiving end of this barrage, to rise above.. that effort to divide us...

As far as I am concerned, I embrace the diversity, from all of the topics that THEY want to divide US...

Stop fighting each other over trivial BS... Embrace the difference, and find an answer.... hand in hand...

PS NO Hillary, NO Donald if you are in the US... (Jack's gratuitous jab at the front runners)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Christian extremism definitely exists. Just look at those evil wretches who bomb abortion clinics in the US. However, this is largely ignored due to a tendency in the Western World for people to think the sun shines out of Christianity's backside. There's a huge difference between showing tolerance towards religion and sucking up to it in a pathetic, milksop fashion. Until this is realised, I doubt the issue of Christian extremism will be raised any further.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Do we not ask, was the terrorist not also a murderer? Did the murderer not also terrorize their victims and fill their families with dread??

how do we as civilized people decide to assign what is more horrible, for they're equally unfathomable crimes against our brothers and sister

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist.

Its not religion causing murder its people and there are a lot more people willing to do heinous acts. Its like a mental illness, (blood lust), is sweeping through the minds of our youth.

Religion can be a fantastic and beautiful thing or a horrible murdering entity. It is the people who ascertain the difference.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22

Fish or cut bait, buster. Don't let your bigotry stop you. Show us your "balls" buster. Where are these Christian "terrorist" you speak of?

I already posted links on the first page to a few Christian terrorist groups here in the states. Go find it or is that too hard for you?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Through interviews with 2,482 Americans, Gallup found that 78 percent of Muslims believe violence which kills civilians is never justified, whereas just 38 percent of Protestant Christians and 39 percent of Catholics agreed with that sentiment. Fifty-six percent of atheists answered similarly.

Further, I have a really hard time believing that 44% of Athiests believe violence which kills civilians is justified.

I find it equally hard to believe that 62% of Protestants and 61% of Catholics believe it's justified...

Who the f# were these people being asked?

Yeah, I'm finding that a bit hard to swallow myself. Only the most extreme fundamentalists would think it was justified, because it was gods will or some such nonsense.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Actually you won't find any real stats because Christians are always labeled as murderers whereas Muslims are always labeled as terrorist.

I see the excuses are really getting thin and weak lately.

No not thin or weak I have no problem saying there are Muslim terrorist it's just too bad people don't have the balls to admit there are Christian terrorist.

Buster2010, maybe provide more info on these Christian terrorists. The Aryans, KKK, etc has not done much in recent history. Islam is all about hating Christians and Jews, and it would not surprise me to see a reborn KKK or some kind of posse/militia movement. I'm not familiar with these Christian terrorists, but please give some more details.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

a reply to: ghostrager

Besides individual Christian terrorist attacks, I'm really at a loss for finding any substantial studies or statistics that can place Christians as a substantial terrorist threat to our country.

Your Goolge-fu is weak it took about three minutes to come up with names of Christian terrorist organizations here in the states.
Aryan Nations
The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord This one supposedly collapsed in 85 but chances are they just went underground.
Ku Klux Klan
The fact remains Christian terrorist are more of a threat to America than Muslim terrorist.

Would you please give us some "FACTS" that suggest your statement is accurate? Sounds like opinionated hyperbole too me!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager
Could this be the "thing" you're looking for?
GALLUP

If not, Sorry........

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The problem is Christians killing one or numerous people is never classified as Christian Extremism...

Yet if a Middle Easterner does the same, it's a terrorist attack. Muslim Extremism.

None of this has anything to do with a certain religion or anything like that. There are bad people, they'll do bad things.

Screaming "God is great " when killing people doesn't make it any more or less a terrorist act.

Jihad has nothing to do with killing people. Islam doesn't justify killing.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
There are plenty of groups that commit terrorism in the name of Christianity. Here is the wiki on Chrisitian Terrorism. I also know this isn't the stats your looking for but others seem to think that only Muslims commit terrorism. That is completely false information.

Christian Terrorism Wiki

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join