It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it wrong to distrust absolutley everything and pretty much everybody in the whole world?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Trust some people and dont trust others. Its not rocket science.

Also, i might be wrng, but the phone controlling your heater is independant from the gas company. Plus, you already trust them enough to chanrge you correctly, install the heater correctly etc... so you not trusting them over one thing is totally moot.

Keep up like this and you are on a fast track to becoming one of those weirds nobody invited to parties. But on the other hand, you will fit in great on ATS.

I know which option id choose.

Yes the app is seperate but who is to know there is no back door or hack for the utility company to exploit? Just look at Vw and the emmsions scandal.

I don't like going to parties, they are full of boring people talking about TV, sports and the impending threat of Sharia law and muslamic ray guns.

I'd much rather stay at home with ATS and a few beers

Also, what you are suggestign isnt worth worrying about. Unless you want to waste your whole life. Your call. Good luck

I am not worring about it as I do not have the app.

It was merely an example to show my distrust of large corperations based on many years of lies, deciet and quite often negligence it the pursuit of greater profits.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
whether you think everyone is out to get you or not...you're right
edit on 10-12-2015 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

…my first comment was that I could not trust the gas company to pop the heating on for an hour in the middle of the night.

With smart meters they can also remotely tell your habits, what power you consume, when you are home or gone.

If not already, appliances will have similar two way communication with their corporate masters, too. Plus the transmission can be 'man in the middle' hacked so burglars can figure out when you leave to go to work.

Its in your best interests, just submit. Or like someone said, live in a cave.

If there is some way you see for them to abuse the system, they (someone) will, eventually use it to that end.
edit on 10-12-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I often feel the exact same way.
No trust for anything.
In my mind, anything I read about or hear about on the MSM is paid for and designed for propaganda, and is a complete lie.

Whats my problem?

I just always think it has to do with mixing greenery and ATS, greenery and ATS. Repeat, cough, inhale, exhale, cough, doubt, repeat...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I think this is why so many in the US are having a hard time trusting Refugees.
Unfortunately if you live long enough, your trust in mankind is sabotaged by people you thought you could trust.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It's not just you. I feel like that about a lot of stuff. I have to say that when I first saw the commercials for the system you're talking about, my mind took a much darker turn. I imagined how a hacker could tap into the system and use it to kill someone, either by burning the house down or blowing it up.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I am with you.

I rely on me as I am the only one I can trust to follow up on my priorities and insure things are done right. I also assume government doesn't have my best interest in mind and try to minimize interactions with said government(s).

Trust no 1.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I am with you.

I rely on me as I am the only one I can trust to follow up on my priorities and insure things are done right. I also assume government doesn't have my best interest in mind and try to minimize interactions with said government(s).

Trust no 1.

So, you dont trust the electrician to install your electrical equipment safly? You dont trust the gas man to make sure the gas flu is set up properly and you dont die of CO poisoning? You dont trust the government agencies that monitor food services to shut down unsafe restaurants? You dont trust the civil engineers to time the traffic lights so you dont all crash into each other? You dont trust the FAA to make sure the planes you fly are safe? You dont trust the pilots to get you to your destination n one piece? You dont trust the bin men to take your rubbish? ect...

Cuz unless you live by yourself in the middle of the woods, have no utilities, live off the land, dont drive and and fly...im pretty sure you trust people, a great deal of who work for the governent. But if it makes you feel all big and clever by telling people you dont trust ANYONE, then carry on.

This is the thing about a lot of you on ATS. You have this totlly false sense of superiority. As if you have better news sources than anyone else (weirdos on youtube are not valid news sources), or you are more clued in...when in fact, you are just the same as the people you call sheep.

edit on 10-12-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Trust should be earned, not given.
This applies both in personal matters and matters of state.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Great thread OP. We live in some crazy times...

I have had a similar outlook on things for quite awhile, so I'm probably too biased to say whether or not it is "wrong" or "right". I don't think it means you can't be an "optimist" anymore though - one of my favorite quotes:

I ALSO wouldn't trust the gas company to not crank up my heat when they know I'm not around though.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. You are right about governments, businesses, people all out just for their own interests. But there are GOOD organizations, and good people. They are just harder to find.

Thanks for posting. Great thread.

PS here are a few illustrations of current events/topics that remind me WHY I (for the most part) don't look at the world as a happy, pretty place:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

And just to confirm my previous feelings about the world not being a happy, pretty place - just found this article about Greenpeace being accused of breaching RICO by the man who STARTED the organization: www.breitbart.com...

sad world

edit on 10-12-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

rofl superb avatar

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I trust everybody

Right at the start or later eventually they will screw me over

I trust in that

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I have not witnessed any lying, cheating or stealing from any of the companies I have worked for in 28 years......

I'm not going to go into detail as that's a lot of companies from long ago and one for a long time that is still on going... Not once Have we lied, cheated or stolen for gain. In fact we are ruthless in fighting with our vendors for the customer.... I will say no more as I'd like to leave it at that, and not release where I work. We are actually kind of known for it, in North America alone.

You have worked for #ty companies, and #ty people my friend. Don't let your disdain, affect your everyday life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join