It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review.....Hunger Games Mockingjay part 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Don't waste your time. What started out as a decent series fizzled out gray and unremarkable. Still Lionsgate managed to milk this for every cent and Ms. Lawrence is a hot property but Hunger Games didn't show her true talent. Something about this last episode kinda spoiled all the previous ones. Sewer Zombies......really?

edit on 9-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The books pretty much fizzled out too.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

If you're talking about the white mutant monsters in the sewers, then yes. They are in the book, too. They chase the team hissing "Katniss, Katniss ..." They do in the dude with the trident (forget his name, Finn?).

So, yeah, really.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Blah, don't waste money on crap movies.... the blockbuster is less than 2 weeks away!

media.giphy.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Kinda like LOTR and the trees coming to life and saving the day.
Kinda destroyed the movie, didnt sound so bad in the book.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Sewer Zombies......really?

Dammit, I knew not to click on this thread.

The spouse and I just watched the first three this week in preparation. I will pretend I am surprised when the sewer zombies show up...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: olaru12
Sewer Zombies......really?

Dammit, I knew not to click on this thread.

The spouse and I just watched the first three this week in preparation. I will pretend I am surprised when the sewer zombies show up...

Apparently they were in the book but in the movie they seemed so contrived to add some scary BS to the film. I only went to see this film because some of my friends were background extras; And our SAG cards gets us in the movies free.
edit on 9-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

*spoilers*

I thought it was solid except for the two very caucasion characters having an asian baby at the end.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
hey not to be a downer here. but the latest movie for the series is bad? got news for you the whole series is lame. surprised full grown adults actually watch it. what's next the twilight series turns out to be a dissapointnent. well duh it's for kids and teeny boppers.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Blah, don't waste money on crap movies.... the blockbuster is less than 2 weeks away!

media.giphy.com...

When that movie comes out there will be a disturbance in the force as thousands of nerds realize that movie didn't live up to the hype they all built up about it. Again.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I just hope Jar Jar is not the big Sith Lord!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What I will say about 'The Hunger Games' trilogy, the books, is that Collins did do a decent job of stripping her personal ideological bias from the narrative. Left or right, you can read her trilogy and the dystopia feels like something the "other" guys would create.

I've read entire essays and reviews that think it was totally written to showcase how the left or the right will lead the world into the realm of the Capital and the Districts. You don't create that without some very careful crafting to hide your own personal views and then carry it out over three books without some skill as an author.

However, I do think the story was getting awful dark and grindy by the end. I was getting just a bit tired of all the dark, dark, darkity dark.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Yeah wasn't feeling it either although I never read the books, the finale was ho hum..ywaan!!
edit on 10-12-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I don't know. I liked the film and thought it wrapped things up pretty well.

The "twist" wasn't exactly a surprise to me (I didn't read the books, it just wasn't too hard to see)....but it was still satisfying.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I was so freaking bored, saw ti w my gf, I never saw the first ones.

top topics

join