It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having a hard time.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Something that seems to help sometimes when things look dark is to give. Giving helps someone else, helps you to feel better and change your perspective. The universe seems to respond in kind and there is never a lack from the act of giving. Oddly enough it seems to help provide abundance in life.

We all have someone to give. Time, cash, old clothes or house goods, books, even a can of food to the food drive can make a world of difference to somebody. It removes us from our shell if even just for a moment and allows us to see that we can be useful and helpful in this life.

I too have a very hard time this time of year and this is something that helps. I really wish I could give you more, or help in a more concrete way. Best of luck to you!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

Thank you. It does seem a common theme, to give. I guess my thoughts are just elsewhere, and perhaps I'm being selfish. I have a wife who hasn't felt good in months, but we can't afford hospital visits, but supposedly make too much to be called poor enough for Medicaid. Right now I'm really worried more about her, and providing some kind of life for her than I am others - I realize my sphere of empathy should be broader, though.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

i don't think so.

You have asked for general advice in a forum of people who erally don't know you and your plight. It might just be that you need to focus more on putting one foot in front of the other, and let others alone to deal with their struggles.

There is no right answer. If you take advice from ATS you will never have McDonald's again, and will end up having to grow your own food.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
What is also of great concern is this was on the minds of the Machiavellian's over 80 years ago.Probably longer. As you say it dosen't matter if the programming was talk, games or whatever, it all was (is) geared to promoting the power, the status quo in charge. And the ads, Follow the money as they said in All the President's Men. If the money says ok, then go for it.

In the movie 'Network' I cried when the Mad Prophet of the Air Waves" beseeches his studio audience and the viewers at home to 'Turn off your TVs, turn them off and proceeded to call it out for what it is" I cried because I knew that we never would. And that movie? Best move, best actor Best actress, best supporting actress best director of the year. And did it make a whitt of difference? A drop. A drop for a few to look back on decades later and say, see? SEE?

But we missed the message Intrp.. So now to go and turn on Tele-tubbies for the grand kids. See ya.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Oddly enough, I am against eating McDonald's and would love to have land and grow my own food. I understand the point you are making, though. Socializing helps in its own ways for me, and self reflection helps in others. Combine the two, and I can make it out of a rut

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

It wasn't meant in a bad way at all, definitely not something to add stress to you either. Little things just seem to help connect people.

That's awesome that you are being strong and supportive for your wife. It sounds like she needs you. Follow your heart, and your instincts. You will find what it is that you both truly need and trust that it will come to you. It's hard sometimes to recognize I guess. I'm one who is guilty of not seeing what is directly in front of me at times. Sometimes taking a step back and just cuddling up to talk to each other can even start to create a solution.

Truly best wishes to you and yours!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: woodsmom

Thank you. It does seem a common theme, to give. I guess my thoughts are just elsewhere, and perhaps I'm being selfish. I have a wife who hasn't felt good in months, but we can't afford hospital visits, but supposedly make too much to be called poor enough for Medicaid. Right now I'm really worried more about her, and providing some kind of life for her than I am others - I realize my sphere of empathy should be broader, though.

I'm going to pile in now and I'll just have to risk accusations of trolling you.

Your wife is sick and you're concerned about doing things on a grand scale?

Please, if your wife's health issues are not too delicate to discuss, create a thread in the Health & Wellness Forum and ask for help. It's just possible that there are things that can be done to help.

Or do a Google search - you can turn up a lot of information - you might not be able to cure her, but you could do a lot to alleviate her symptoms until you can get professional help.

Focus on this one thing - it's important and needs your attention. Forget the plight of the World.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join