It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five police officers claim Donald Trump is RIGHT about parts of London

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The Trumpmeister is taking a great deal of both deserved and postured heat after his statements that he'd want to block all Muslims who aren't US citizens from entering the country (except for foreign leaders and rich Muslims, of course). The heat isn't just coming from home, the intensity of the jerking of knees is being felt from all corners of the globe as everyone who seems to be anyone is scrambling to be associated with denouncing Trump's statements. While I'm not a fan of Trump and certainly against blanket statements about "evil Islam," I do favor the truth, no matter what form it might take.

Well, it's beginning to look like there's some truth to some of the rationale Trump used to justify his statements, police officers in London are indeed concerned for their safety in some Muslim communities:

'Trump’s not wrong – we can’t wear uniform in our OWN cars': Five police officers claim Donald Trump is RIGHT about parts of London being so 'radicalised' they are no-go areas

Serving police officers today backed Donald Trump's claim that some Muslim communities in the UK are no-go areas because of extremism.
Several Met officers have said 'Islamification' of the capital means they must be 'extra vigilant' and can't wear uniforms for safety reasons - despite Scotland Yard claiming the tycoon 'couldn't be more wrong'.

Is this really true of so called radical Muslim communities? Or are these officers jumping on an anti-Muslim bandwagon in the huge wake of anti-Trump tongue wagging?

To be clear, even though I'm an atheist, I reject the notion of a religious test for entry into this country... it's insane. However, is Trump crazy like a fox? Is he throwing stuff like this out there, stuff he knows would never happen, as part of a broader communications strategy to keep drilling home the idea that he's the only candidate that is definably, America First.

Thoughts?
edit on 9-12-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
They're full of s#...

I'm originally from one of the roughest parts of London, if not the roughest and the only reason it's a "no go" for police is because we hate their lying manipulative guts...

They've been setting people up for years where I'm from...

It's called backlash, & it's nothing to do with Islamification...
It's been happening long before Muslims had any significant numbers within London communities.

+47 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

As a "Londoner" and after reading the Daily Mail article, I can vouch that there are in fact places in the East End of London where young Muslims go out at night stopping people drinking/holding hands and will even comment on what people wear, all the while stating that the area is a "Shia Law" area.

Posters such as the one below have been placed on sign posts in some East London Streets and thus what Trump states about the Islamization of London is in fact not far from the truth as per the article from five serving police officers in London.

I don't agree with what he said about banning all Muslims from the US as that is ludicrous to tarnish over a billion people for the actions of a few, but in London we do have a problem and it does need addressing pronto, as it's these kinds of posters and actions from the young muslim men that cause Islamophobia.
edit on 9.12.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Why does their headline say five and then quote two?

Seems to me using the words of two or five is a jumping the gun to then call it a fact.

+55 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Really Charlie????

edit on 9.12.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You created a thread because the Daily Fail ( notorious for its super right wing views) basically said 'some random guys said X'....?

It's not a story worth reading, and a poor attempt at excusing Trumps comments

He's done, and you're gonna have to come to terms with that.

+45 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
They're full of s#...

I'm originally from one of the roughest parts of London, if not the roughest and the only reason it's a "no go" for police is because we hate their lying manipulative guts...

They've been setting people up for years where I'm from...

It's called backlash, & it's nothing to do with Islamification...
It's been happening long before Muslims had any significant numbers within London communities.

But isn't your take a biased one charles?

Why should we trust a Muslims words about negative Muslim impacts?

You would obviously defend islam blindly, unless you saw definitive evidence.

Just like most Christians would defend Christians up front, unless given definitive evidence.

Not acussing you of being facetious, just pointing out the fact, you are likely letting personal bias influence your opinion on the subject.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think they are jumping on the bandwagon. I think they don't wear uniform in the bad areas cos of gangs....not islam. I haven't heard of police being stabbed for religious reasons before. Plus it's the daily mail so it couldn't be more sensationalised if it wanted to be. The real problem is in Birmingham, not London. If trump wanted credit he would have mentioned that area instead. Then he could possibly be correct.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

I haven't heard of police being stabbed for religious reasons before

Not Police so far, but what about Lee Rigby???

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Maybe it was just a bad Google search but I found like two pictures, both with the same guy and the same pole, of that poster being up...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Yes really.

That video showing people wanting to enforce sharia law, which won't happen by the way, is a great leap from Police fearing the area so much they won't turn up.

That is my point.
I never denied there are some Muslims who hand out flyers and shout abuse at people...
What I'm at odds with is the idea that the police are treating it like a WarZone in Baghdad and avoiding the place.

Just not happening.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

My guess is there are probably plenty of officers right here is the US, who are "afraid" of certain areas... Some because of Muslims, some because of blacks, some because of poverty. Being extra vigilant is something all cops should do. All of us, really. It's a strange time we're living in.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: forkedtongue

I'd defend Islam yes...

I wouldn't defend idiot Muslims who want to endanger the public though.
That's a separate issue altogether, FT.
edit on 9-12-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
You really have to look at this not from a religious perspective but from a class warfare perspective. Do you think muslims are not human beings, that they form a different species ? That they are some kind of robots with only one programming, or aliens from a different planet with a different brain and a different nervous system and that they came to our planet flying in their mosque-shaped spaceships ?

Urban zones where police don't go can be found all over the planet. It's not specific to muslims or any other religious group. It's specific to a planet where 10% of the population owns 90% of the resources.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I fail to see what reasonable conclusions we're supposed to be drawing from the existence of "no go zones" in London? Assuming it's true, that sounds like a failure of the London authorities. It's not the US and the concept of areas where "even the cops don't go" isn't new or something exclusively associated with Muslims.

The argument seems to be that cops can't do their jobs because their superiors are afraid of the backlash from the community? Sounds like a cop out to me.

As for Trump — I don't see how the statement can be made that he's somehow "America First." American Muslims are Americans. How great will America be if we allow terrorists to compel us into abridging the rights of some of our citizens based on their religious affiliation?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I'd defend Islam yes...

I wouldn't defend idiot Muslims who want to endanger the public though.
That's a separate issue altogether, FT.

No offense meant, just asking the obvious questions.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I've lived in Brixton for over 20 years but travel all over the capital for work. Where exactly are these areas supposed to be?

If there's a place where police can't be in uniform they've got no business being on the force.

As for shariah patrols; I've never encountered one. I can imagine if you're walking through a predominantly Muslim area openly drunk and drinking out of a can while some half naked girl with you wails at cars going past you're likely to be treated like an idiot, but you'd get that going through upmarket areas where people have some self respect like Dulwich village too.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

None take, sir.

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

We have two Londoners in this thread that I know off Charlie, you and I. One is a Muslim and the other not. I have lived all over London including East London, (Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Mile End) and I have seen this for myself, you may be slightly biased in your views.

That video showing people wanting to enforce sharia law

But its not stopping them from trying and abusing other Londoners who do not share the same belief system.

is a great leap from Police fearing the area so much they won't turn up.

You sure about that? Even the British Prison System is having a massive issue in some prisons where Muslim Gangs are forcing other prisoners to convert to Islam

Source

What I'm at odds with is the idea that the police are treating it like a WarZone in Baghdad and avoiding the place.

These streets are the same streets the likes of Lee Rigby's killers came from, so whilst handing out leaflets and placing leaflets on poles may not seem very harmful to you, the message certainly is as its causing a warped view of islam onto feeble minds who then think they have to kill in the name of Allah.

You know I agree with you most of the time, but on this occasion I think you need to take the "Blinkers" off.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I know plenty in London who verified this too be true. One a former police officer(left two years ago). I wish people would stop jumping the gun on this and everything Trump Related. It was similar to the "there were no NJ Muslims cheering in 9/11!" i'm FROM New Jersey and I saw them on the news at the time, and I remember being sickened back than and still sickened today.

People are just wanting to call him a liar, same was happening to Ben Carson last month... it's pathetic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join