It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Rebels Line Up Islamic State Prisoners, Force Them to Knees, Then Make Unexpected Move

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I just had to post this for ATS to see, this story....

A Syrian rebel group released a slickly produced Islamic State-style execution video this week — except this one had a dramatic twist at the very end. The footage, titled “Muslims Are Not Criminals,” was published online by the Sham Front Monday, Vocative reported. The clip began showing the rebel group parade a group of purported Islamic State prisoners dressed in orange jumpsuits in front of the camera. Each member of the Sham Front picked up a firearm before forcing his prisoner to his knees

Members of the Syrian rebel group then pointed their firearms at the head of their prisoners before suddenly holstering them and removing their masks. A preacher then appeared on camera and denounced violence in Islam.

The world needs to see more of this, I have to say that many will probably condemn this, and others will champion this
This is the face of Islam that needs to be prevalent!

The Blaze
edit on 12/9/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Mercy in a merciless place?

That sort of light burns brighter than any fire. I do, however, hope that the individuals on their knees learn something from this experience, and that they have a considerable period of detention ahead of them. Mercy is one thing, but stupidity is another.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Not sure what to think in these skeptical days. Let's just take it as given then!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

That sort of light burns brighter than any fire. I do, however, hope that the individuals on their knees learn something from this experience, and that they have a considerable period of detention ahead of them. Mercy is one thing, but stupidity is another.

Hola, mate!

I agree, mercy is something that must be carefully adjudicated. My take is, give mercy....but, if it is not earned through the behavior of the recipient after the mercy is given.....

....then retract all efforts of mercy, and engage with force.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Light up the darkness

Its amazing what a light like that can do, and if it teaches the prisoners NOTHING, it teaches others around them EVERYTHING.....

Regardless how futile it might be, its what the world and Islam needs

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I could not agree more.

The problem is extremism, and the only thing that anyone has been countering with, is more extremism, of the opposite polarity. It is about time we saw some oppositional moderation instead!

(post by rossacus removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Bad move! should have finished them off! Those IS fools will come back with more weapons now and cause more havoc.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
well. it aint really islam or muslims that is the problem.
its religion in general.
nutcases...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Strike me as very similar in style and substance to the Burning Pilot video. Question is, Is it the same production team and film crew involved in both videos and if so what's the connection.??

Came a long way since the grainy amateur al-Zarqawi beheading videos of days gone by... Someone is putting in some effort and cash to make these highly polished productions these days.

Find the production and film crew and you find the perps.
edit on 9-12-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahsurexxx
well. it aint really islam or muslims that is the problem.
its religion in general.
nutcases...

religion like that just showed mercy in a place where they are slaughtering each other?

Most times its not the religion, its the person practicing it....

Lets not white wash

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: junglimogli

Bad move! should have finished them off! Those IS fools will come back with more weapons now and cause more havoc.

Maybe, but the message remains.....I think it was a great statement, they also arent releasing them from what i can tell

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Strike me as very similar in style and substance to the Burning Pilot video. Question is, Is it the same production team and film crue involved in both videos and if so what's the connection.??

Came a long way since the grainy amateur al-Zarqawi beheading videos of days gone by... Someone is putting in some effort and cash to make these highly polished productions these days.

You didnt actually read the article did you............This video wasnt ISIS

Its replies like this that bother me, just see pictures, dont read to get context, immediately jump to conclusion...

edit on 12/9/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
With all the orchestrated, faked, sham ISIS videos out there, it's hard to take this at face value. Seems designed to manipulate outside opinion opposed to something rebel groups locked in a real life-death struggle with IS would come up with. More play acting scripted by outside puppet masters IMO.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
With all the orchestrated, faked, sham ISIS videos out there, it's hard to take this at face value. Seems designed to manipulate outside opinion opposed to something rebel groups locked in a real life-death struggle with IS would come up with. More play acting scripted by outside puppet masters IMO.

So condemn Islam =Bad/fake

Video of ISIS kililng people =Bad/fake

Video of Syrian Muslims having mercy on those that would kill them =Bad/fake

got it....

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Mercy is not the most common word in the Quran for no reason, it's finally good to see some from the Middle East rather than just hear about it...

However, there is a big "but"...

This is IS we are talking about, and according to Quranic scripture they've earned the wrath of a true Jihadist...

Maybe I'm being overzealous here, we are taught if the aggressors stop, mercy must be shown...

But have they turned from their aggressive ways...

It's likely these guys have never beheaded anyone, or set anyone alight, merely been exchanged in gunfire...

But the odds are still not great that they've denounced the "Caliphate" of Al Bagdhadi...

I'd probably have pulled the trigger.

Does that make me no better than IS, I'm trying to come from Nullifides point of view here...
But TrueBrit as always has made me contemplate the polarised option.

/diatribe.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It also could be read as they support their goals as a fellow muslims, just not the way it has been done.

Beside Quran forbids to kill another believer of Allah.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahsurexxx

Actually, it is not religion which is the problem and I know this because the same issues have arisen in organisations with a strictly atheistic agenda.

The problem is that generalisations made about an entire group of people are never accurate enough to act on, and yet those generalisations are used to justify all manner of horrors being wrought against folk, all over the world.

The problem is that people refuse to accept that every person on the face of the world is an individual and must be treated as such, that blanket statements can never apply to more than a certain percentage of individuals, and further, that the more general a statement, the lower the percentage of people it can accurately refer to. Of course, more people knowing this, would make it harder for massive media corporations to tailor news to the viewer.

Personally, I think it is time we started thinking less generally, and more specifically about matters, because that media machine has an awful lot to answer for.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I hope it's real and I hope it works. S&F for your good heart.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Strike me as very similar in style and substance to the Burning Pilot video. Question is, Is it the same production team and film crue involved in both videos and if so what's the connection.??

You didnt actually read the article did you............This video wasnt ISIS

Its replies like this that bother me, just see pictures, dont read to get context, immediately jump to conclusion...

I know it wasn't ISIS, It said so in the OP. i did not need to read the article to reply as i did. I doubt very much IS have there very own TV Video production team at hand, They will do what The UK, US and other military organisations do when they want to shoot a propaganda video. Call in the professionals.
edit on 9-12-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join