It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Photo Oddity (San Bernandino Victim)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ma reply to: FamCore

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If her arm was hanging straight down it would reach below her knees...is it a gag?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The kids look related, though I wouldn't say as obviously siblings as some families. The arm looks weird to me...but both arms look longer than average. The angle of the arm from the shoulder isn't as peculiar as it looks because the lighting and the tree blend into it some. I think it's just the combination that makes it look so odd. That all said...she has some freaky man-hands or something. Not exactly enough to be blatant photo manipulation, but if it IS, I wouldn't be shocked either.

Most of these things are just weird enough to tingle your Spidey senses, but also juuuuuuuust below the "obvious" level so you doubt yourself.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It's most likely just the lighting and tilted angle fooling the eye.

I now have the urge to watch Happy Gilmore.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Anybody got any idea how old the photo is supposed to be? For some reason it seems to have a 90s vibe going on. If you look at the clothing and the guy wearing the digital watch. How long has it been since it was common to see people wearing those types of watches? I figure it would have been at least 5-10 years. The hairstyles all look 90s too.

Actually could be representing "phase quadrature" from the early 60's. Why disclose now?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bovah2

originally posted by: FamCore
I'm trying to figure out what might be going on in this photo:

The arm around the little boy in the front of the picture looks feakishly large/disconnected from the girl whose arm it should be (by all outward appearances anyway)

The photo can be found here: edition.cnn.com...

The little girl in the pink dress just looks off - her other arm that is straight also looks somewhat funny, I guess it could be the contrast with the dress.

I just wanted to share and see what people thought. Thanks for your input.

ETA: I tried to make the photo larger but lost a bit of the bottom border:

It looks normal to me. The weight of her arm pressing against his shoulder makes her arm appear larger.
It's like crossing your arms to make your biceps look bigger.

LOL, that looks normal to you. Well i just checked the Guiness Book of Records for a 12 year old girl with the largest humurous bone that ever lived, and it looks like they have not found her yet.

The distance between shoulder and elbow is clearly distorted..... i could be wrong, someone check the Under 13's all american shot put team please

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
"I could understand if the oddity was something small": Even you are admitting it is a big apparent oddity.

You're misunderstanding me. What I mean is; if the hand was just on the very shoulder of the kid, barely noticeable, that would be something small. I don't find the arm an oddity. It certainly looks, from a distance, strange, but when you can really tell where the light is hitting on the arm in the close up photo, it looks perfectly normal. The point was that no one who isn't high or drunk wouldn't notice a giant arm over the kids chest. But, I can see someone doing a rushed, botch job, and not seeing some fingers on the kids shoulder.

Stranger photo-illusions have happened, yet are perfectly natural. The difference between those stranger photos and this one, is that we can clearly see what is making the illusion in the zoomed-in photo, and that is the sunlight on the arm.
edit on 9/12/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

th egirl has long arms for her age is all. prolly just hitting the teen years. not all parts grow at a steady pace.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Does not look weird at all.

Also....what would be the point?

Perhaps if it was altered it was altered by the family originally to have a nice photo of their family.
I mean, why not? You try taking a photo with small childred and get everyone looking normal.

Ats needs to relax a bit.

Why do you think it was altered?
(I still think no alteration was done at all )

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bovah2

I'm trying to figure out what might be going on in this photo:

The arm around the little boy in the front of the picture looks feakishly large/disconnected from the girl whose arm it should be (by all outward appearances anyway)

The photo can be found here: edition.cnn.com...

The little girl in the pink dress just looks off - her other arm that is straight also looks somewhat funny, I guess it could be the contrast with the dress.

I just wanted to share and see what people thought. Thanks for your input.

ETA: I tried to make the photo larger but lost a bit of the bottom border:

It looks normal to me. The weight of her arm pressing against his shoulder makes her arm appear larger.
It's like crossing your arms to make your biceps look bigger.

I agree the the weight of her arm on the boys shoulder makes her arm look but that girls hand over the boy looks just too big to my way of thinking. Putting both of them together tells me that its an adult arm.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

a reply to: scubagravy

Now that you mention it, it Does look like those 3 kids in the middle were added on top, maybe the original photo consisted of Dad, Mom, and 2 younger boys, and middle-aged girl. Then they moved the middle-aged boy all the way to the right and added in 3 more kids so this "Father of 3" is now "Father of 6" and it's more touching

Makes sense to me. I see motive anyway..

"Father of 3" is now "Father of 6" and it's more touching. - As I understand things 6 is a very important number to Jews, is that right?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Kind of just thought that myself. I wonder if she will one day compete in Miss Universe!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Kind of just thought that myself. I wonder if she will one day compete in Miss Universe!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join