It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF allows lending to countries with arrears; Russia prepares to go to court over Ukraine debt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
IMF allows lending to countries with arrears; Russia prepares to go to court over Ukraine debt

The International Monetary Fund has agreed to change its policy on lending to countries that are in arrears to other governments. With Ukraine being among the states that asks for financial aid while owing Russia, the move has angered Moscow. "The IMF's Executive Board met today and agreed to change the current policy on non-toleration of arrears to official creditors," according to the IMF's Chief Spokesman Gerry Rice statement emailed to RT on Tuesday. "Details on the scope and rationale for this policy change" will be provided later, it added.

Previous IMF guidelines on lending to such states were relatively strict, stating that "the IMF doesn't lend to countries that are not making a good-faith effort to eliminate their arrears with creditors."

Ukraine is among such owing countries, having a $3 billion debt to Russia, with Kiev being on course to miss the end-of-the-year deadline to repay it. Going by the old rules, that would jeopardize IMF bailout to Kiev.

Why am I posting this in the WW3 forum ? Because I believe it's just another part of the plan contributing towards hostilities between the West and the East.

It is incredibly suspicious that the IMF will happily offer money to Ukraine who is one of the most financially broken countries and in a depression yet does the complete opposite for an EU member state like Greece and demands Greece pay back their debts before offering more financial "support"

In my view it's another way for the west to covertly attack Russia and yet again try to provoke them, yet Russia are being incredibly diplomatic and playing it cool throughout all these assaults. I also think it's to create further instability in Greece by attempting to incite the populace there to riot yet again. Let's not forget that a lot of refugees/asylum seekers are piling in through Greece so the less stability in Greece, the better as it all plays into the plan for WW3.

The IMF decision to change its lending policies has been made "in prejudice of Russia and to legalize Kiev's capacities not to pay its debts," Russia's Finance Minister Andrey Siluanov told journalists on Tuesday, as cited by Interfax. Siluanov called the decision "precipitated and preconceived." Russia has addressed the IMF to help solve the situation with Ukraine's debt, but was told to "engage with negotiations [with Kiev] alongside commercial creditors," Siluanov said.

So what do you guys think ? Nothing sinister and just a charitable attempt by the IMF to "save" Ukraine from ruin or another covert attack on Russia and part of the plan for WW3 ?
edit on 9/12/15 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

So what do you guys think ? Nothing sinister and just a charitable attempt by the IMF to "save" Ukraine from ruin or another covert attack on Russia and part of the plan for WW3 ?

Lol!

If it involves the IMF, my money is on it being sinister and in no way shape of form about being charitable.

All of the anti-russian crap that has been building to such a crescendo, has its roots in a little thing called BRICS. The IMF as an agency of the western banking cabal will do everything it can to weaken BRICS.

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amWednesday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Hahahaha! The IMF are like Wonga; unscrupulous money lenders who charge huge interest rates on their loans!

Russia should be happy that Ukraine is just about to be treated like a pretty boy new to jail (do you like my new simile?).

It is Ukraine's baptism, rite of passage, initiation, into the Western Cabal; get loaded up with national debt and told what to do and where to do it like a good little ally.

Russia should call in the bailiffs to seize Ukraine's goods. Could be a bit of a domestic incident (putting it lightly) if they do that though as Ukraine's new friends are powerful "wise guys" indeed.

There, was that a fun comment? I have given you the full benefit of the caffeine in my morning coffee. You are so lucky OP!

Ukraine, if you thought Russian Mafia was bad now you have met one serious league of gentlemen who really do take no prisoners if you piss them off. Do that and they will turn your country into a civil war ridden, bomb blighted desert.

edit on 9-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Russia kind of already seized all the goods, all the major industry was in the East which is now separatist controlled therefore pro Russia and with the capitulation of Crimea they have all the oil and gas from the Black Sea, so there's little can take from Ukraine now.

I'm pretty sure the West want Ukraine in debt (both financially and the debt of a favor) so they can use it as a staging area to attack Russia when the war comes

The news around Ukraine had all died down so this brings some more life back to the fire, I wonder if things will begin to ramp up with fighting again once they sign their deal with the devil

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Instead of being indebted to Russia, Ukraine will be indebted to the West. This means that Russia will lose even more leverage.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Ukraine will invoke WW2 reparations.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Ukraine should pay its debts by taxing Crimea.

The thief and abuser wants to be paid more?

Why is there such sympathy to Russia on this issue? What was Ukraine doing to Russia before? Nothing other than being poor and not having oil.

It is incredibly suspicious that the IMF will happily offer money to Ukraine who is one of the most financially broken countries and in a depression yet does the complete opposite for an EU member state like Greece and demands Greece pay back their debts before offering more financial "support"

In my view it's another way for the west to covertly attack Russia and yet again try to provoke them, yet Russia are being incredibly diplomatic and playing it cool throughout all these assaults

So the IMF being nice to Ukraine is an """"attack"""" on Russia? WTF? That's abuser talk----somebody being nice to the poor wife is an attack on the angry husband because they aren't joining in on the beating?

The whole thing started because Putin didn't want Ukraine to work with European Union (which was a compaign promise of Yanukovytch let's remember). Ukraine wasn't cutting out Russia, just having an additional friend and Russia had the problem with that. EU didn't have a #fit about Ukrainian trade with Russia.

edit on 9-12-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Starred, flagged.

"We are operating under the assumption that Ukraine should become a military state," Dmytro Shimkiv, deputy head of the Ukrainian presidential administration, said 29 September 2014 at a public debate on Strategy 2020 in Kiev. The reforms envisioned an increase in the number of servicemen in Ukraine from 2.8 people to 7 people per 1,000 people, he said. Shimkiv also said the defense and national security reform was a key reform envisioned by the program Strategy 2020.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Ukraine is planning to increase its military spending in 2015 up to 3 percent of the country's gross domestic product, President Petro Poroshenko's press service said 04 November 2014. The announcement cited the president's decree that enforced the September 12 decision of the Ukrainian Security Council. The plan aims at bolstering Ukraine's defenses. Poroshenko also said earlier the country's economy would be converted to meet its military objectives.

"With regard to financial support of the security and defense sector, the government has been tasked specifically with finalizing a draft state budget for Ukraine for the year 2015 that will prioritize the funding of defense programs. For instance, it stipulates that national security needs will be funded at a level of no less than 3 percent of the GDP," the statement said.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Kennedy and Eisenhower were spot on. Famous last speeches.
Greece is the same sh!t on a different toilet. Austerity-cuts are good but for welfare-systems only:

Greece's austerity doesn't extend to its arms budget

Conveniently the biggest German arms buyer, on second place we can find another austerity-birdy: Portugal. Hmmm... mmmm... I think I can tell which way the wind is blowing.

Brave New Consumerism at any cost, just take the KoolAid and follow orders!

edit on 9-12-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

I think you'll find Putin stepped in when civil war broke out because the Pro Russian East refused to acknowledge the Pro West puppet neo nazi government that was forced upon them and during protests were massacred in Odessa by the neo nazi dogs the West decided were going to run the country, civil war started so the Easterners asked Russia for help and Russia obliged, covertly at first, then openly.

This site has a pretty good description of how it all started I suggest you go further than Western media to get your knowledge for the facts of it all.

a reply to: PublicOpinion

Yeah man, nothing makes money like a well oiled military machine

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well in the case of Ukraine the IMF no doubt has confidence because of the heavy Chinese investment in Ukraine along with a bunch trade deals and joint technology deals with China. Not to mention Ukraine arms deals are vital to China. With China pumping money into Ukraine the West is also going make sure they get a part of that future pie. China's deals with Ukraine have not made Russia very happy but, I think they have figured out China is out for China.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
It sounds like Ukraine has been caught in the middle between Europe and Russia for a long time, as it continues. With the IMF being an international organization, it is pushing it weight around with Russia. With this new change in policy, how is it going to transpire as debt is getting to be pretty common on most government accounts throughout the world? It stinks with a strong aroma of control games.
edit on 10-12-2015 by kwakakev because: thought about it a bit more

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Exactly. If all Russia cared about was getting their money they would have no issue with this move. Instead they perceive this as an attack because now they lose their excuse for cutting off power to Kiev in the middle of winter.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

The thing with nation debt is, every nation seems to carry a large amount of debt.

If everybody is in debt, who do we owe the money to ?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: kwakakev

The thing with nation debt is, every nation seems to carry a large amount of debt.

If everybody is in debt, who do we owe the money to ?

China. Everybody will end up owing them.
edit on 12-12-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

With the IMF making this power play for top position with 'who get paid first', all debt will eventually reside through them. When people die they do not take the debt with them, for now just keeping the social order is enough.

The issue for Ukraine is if it is Russia or the IMF that decides that social order. Being the Ukraine the might be some kind of hybrid monster cross bread that satisfies the condition.
edit on 12-12-2015 by kwakakev because: added another paragraph

top topics

join