It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect Charged in CAIR’s Anti-Muslim ‘Hate Crime’ Is Named … Mohamed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

"Investigators have taken a suspect into custody in the shooting of a cab driver who is Muslim in the city’s Hazelwood neighborhood in the early morning hours of Thanksgiving Day.

Pittsburgh Police announced the arrest at a press conference Wednesday afternoon. They identify the suspect as 26-year-old Anthony Mohamed of Hazelwood."

Suspect Charged in CAIR’s Anti-Muslim ‘Hate Crime’ Is Named … Mohamed

I wonder if AG Lynch is going to prosecute this as a hate crime as she threatened?

Now obviously this is a country that is based on free speech, but when it edges towards violence, when we see the potential for someone … lifting that mantle of anti-Muslim rhetoric, or, as we saw after 9/11, violence against individuals who may not even be Muslims but may be perceived to be Muslims … When we see that, we will take action….

I will bet the sooner this story goes away the better for the Obama administration.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

What does his name have to do with it? You can't have a non-Muslim named Mohamed?

This is why sites like Breitbart are correctly labeled as lowbrow and racist. They are assuming because he has brown skin and the last name of Mohamed, that he is Muslim therefore it can't possibly be a hate crime. Suck it liberals! Right?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Well, I don't think he's a Mormon.

If he isnt Muslim, then his parents or family are, and while that doesn't automatically make him Muslim, it changes the tenor of the situation. It certainly stops the story from fitting the narrative that was being pushed, of the evil white man that had attacked the poor cab driver because of his religious or ethnic background.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

What does his name have to do with it? You can't have a non-Muslim named Mohamed?

This is why sites like Breitbart are correctly labeled as lowbrow and racist. They are assuming because he has brown skin and the last name of Mohamed, that he is Muslim therefore it can't possibly be a hate crime. Suck it liberals! Right?

And you just may be why Breitbart is proving liberals are loons. Good lord the truth hurts the liberals. They are so up into the lies that they may not see the truth until after they discover their makers. IF liberals don't awaken we may all be speaking Chinese or Arabic in a few years. This is getting out of hand. The lies.

edit on 9-12-2015 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

And you just may be why Breitbart is proving liberals are loons. Good lord the truth hurts the liberals. They are so up into the lies that they may not see the truth until after they discover their makers. IF liberals don't awaken we may all be speaking Chinese or Arabic in a few years. This is getting out of hand. The lies.

Dammit, do you even know how you sound?

There is no truth to the religious identity of the suspect, period. The original investigation of it as a hate crime was based on what he said to the victim.

Finding out his name is Mohamed and that he has dark skin is all it took for Breitbart to run with their "gotcha" moment. Have you never met an Arabic Christian? Or an atheist?

And lets say it turns out he is Muslim. How does that make liberals look bad? Is it because the police began the investigation based on witness testimony?

This wasn't just some random attack on a Muslim man and the media just assumed it was a hate crime. It was based on the WITNESS DESCRIPTION of the crime.

I know it's not "conservatively correct" for anybody to investigate a crime as a possible hate crime but you guys need to at least wait for the facts before jumping to conclusions and yelling at people for listening to the victim.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Midnight4444

Well, I don't think he's a Mormon.

If he isnt Muslim, then his parents or family are, and while that doesn't automatically make him Muslim, it changes the tenor of the situation. It certainly stops the story from fitting the narrative that was being pushed, of the evil white man that had attacked the poor cab driver because of his religious or ethnic background.

What narrative? That the victim had a testimony and the media reported it?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Yes you can, I used to work in a shop in a small town on the East Coast of Scotland, a few of the regulars had the surname Mohamed and they were as white as they come, I guessed they were Atheist but I know them to be from a Catholic background...

Hang on, curse my bad knowledge, with a surname like Mohamed they have to be Muslim...

Nice way to Deny Ignorance OP...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
(Facepalm)

So I guess every male named Christopher must be a Christian since it comes from the word meaning "Christ-bearer", right? And there can never be an atheist named Mike, since it comes from "Michael", which is the name of a Judeo-Christian Angel. And every woman named Candace must be Ethiopian royalty, since that names comes from the Ethiopian title "Kandake/Candace". And what does this mean for every woman named after a flower, like Daisy, Lilly, or Rose?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
NO offense meant to you Aby, I think you don't get it. We are at war with Islam plain and simple. They know it , repeat it to reporters and you appear to be ignoring this. They hate their own fellow Muslims if they don't play the Sharia law game that ISIS or AL Qaeda says is their basis for the reasons to do their EVIL. You are helping them and don't even realize it , yet. So how does that make me sound bad for pointing the obvious out about the flaming libs who i meant point out are helping destroy western society. That appears to be the goal can you deny it? I am at my limit of being understanding and accepting as the Liberals are of the haters who teach rape and murder in the name of a fake religion that it appears a pedophile started. Just read history on how things went down beginning 7th century and then tell me how it is any different today please.
edit on 9-12-2015 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

NO offense meant to you Aby, I think you don't get it. We are at war with Islam plain and simple. They know it , repeat it to reporters and you appear to be ignoring this. They hate their own fellow Muslims if they don't play the Sharia law game that ISIS or AL Qaeda says is their basis for the reasons to do their EVIL. You are helping them and don't even realize it , yet. So how does that make me sound bad for pointing the obvious out about the flaming libs who i meant point out are helping destroy western society. That appears to be the goal can you deny it? I am at my limit of being understanding and accepting as the Liberals are of the haters who teach rape and murder in the name of a fake religion that it appears a pedophile started. Just read history on how things went down beginning 7th century and then tell me how it is any different today please.

The only thing you are pointing out is your inability to wait for more information on the suspect and, instead, jumping on the Breitbart freedom fry train to rail against "liberals" who had nothing to do with what the victim reported.

How am I helping "them" by stating the fact we have no clue what religion the suspect practices?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
(Facepalm)

So I guess every male named Christopher must be a Christian since it comes from the word meaning "Christ-bearer", right? And there can never be an atheist named Mike, since it comes from "Michael", which is the name of a Judeo-Christian Angel. And every woman named Candace must be Ethiopian royalty, since that names comes from the Ethiopian title "Kandake/Candace". And what does this mean for every woman named after a flower, like Daisy, Lilly, or Rose?

On this i agree with you (star). AND I see you trying to make it right. I don't think you are on board yet with all the facts when it comes to how this prophet became who he is known for now. I know very well many Shiites who tell me that the Whahibbi Sunni sect controls their Persia. They tell me they have to follow it or die. You apparently aren't aware of their plight are you? The Shiite are not our enemy but the media would have us believe it is so in my estimation. That the beginnings are pinned with evil is all i need to know. Christ would not approve of Christians doing those things and would ban me from entering heaven for NOT LOVING MY NEIGHBOR and forgiving. I will forgive all but not forget. AND I promise to protect those who can't protect themselves from this evil.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Show me why liberals are correct in this matter of Conservatives being concerned over rapist and murderers is all i am saying. I have always defended the innocent and weak all of my life. Liberals attack good people and promote bad ones is how i see it at this point. Tell me why you believe liberals let this evil have a pass?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Show me why liberals are correct in this matter of Conservatives being concerned over rapist and murderers is all i am saying. I have always defended the innocent and weak all of my life. Liberals attack good people and promote bad ones is how i see it at this point. Tell me why you believe liberals let this evil have a pass?

What are you talking about? The suspect is in jail. What free pass?

Wait... are you saying the victim is a rapist and murderer?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

What does any of that have to do with my post? Or with the OP? Actually, I don't want to know.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

What about the assumptions made by the left.

People at Left wing blogs like daily kos were certain is was a white man, probably a Christian and was somehow trumps fault.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

You ever heard a dog quack? No? Me either. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, Occam's razor dictates that it is almost certainly a duck.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

What about the assumptions made by the left.

People at Left wing blogs like daily kos were certain is was a white man, probably a Christian and was somehow trumps fault.

If you really think they were wrong for doing it, then why repeat their mistake? If I don't like it when someone kicks a puppy, I'm not going to kick a puppy in protest.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

NO offense meant to you Aby, I think you don't get it. We are at war with Islam plain and simple.

Speak for yourself. If we are 'at war' with anyone it's a fundamentalist terrorist group called Daesh, sometimes referred to as ISIS or ISIL. If you want to go and start your own little religious war against Islam that's entirely up to you.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Just pointing out the typical hypocrisy and fake outrage exhibited by progressives and democrats who are so quick to judge and condemn others.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You ever heard a dog quack? No? Me either. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, Occam's razor dictates that it is almost certainly a duck.

If that's the rationale, then let me try. Your username is "Burdman" and you've made a lot of posts. That means you've made sure your words were heard a lot in a public setting. Therefore, you must be Birdman, the rapper/CEO from Cash Money! This guy. You don't rhyme in your posts, but he barely rhymes in his verses. It all fits!

Since it looks like a duck & quacks like a duck, it must be a duck, right?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join