It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump....The Narcissist Loose Cannon On Deck! Muslims, Disabled, Protesters. Learn From History.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm a former Trump supporter. But now the man has gotten out of hand and showing signs of someone with extreme Narcissism and Fascist tendencies... to where I cannot support him anymore and I'm worried about support for him and what it means philosophically for the U.S.

I understand the mind of a Trump supporter. I was one. I think that most support for him comes from a few "PROS" going for him:

1) He's an 'outsider', yet an INSIDER simultaneously. He knows the game, but he's not a politician. It's his appeal. But a lot of people who don't remember him decades ago as I do, knew he had his eye on politics since the beginning. He ALWAYS spoke about interest in it.

2) He's self funding, not beholden to any Lobbyists or Special Interests. This is a fact. Which is important given the current climate in Congress.

3) He says what he feels and shows "strength". Also another fact, which has it's caveats in itself.

4) Illegal Immigration. The largest and most foundational aspect of his campaign. And the one with the most PUNCH to it.

5) Successful at business and understand economics. Is there any doubt about that? He's Trump. Hello?

I could add more but those are the basics. Trump struck a chord with me personally on Illegal Immigration since I am born and raised, and currently live in Los Angeles. I have seen first hand what it has done. I know the ins and outs and have experienced things MOST have not with the topic. I've seen EXACTLY how it works, it's effects on culture, economy, schools, services, hospitals, etc. I wanted someone that would FIX IT, and Trump was the only one speaking about a DIRECT actionable solution and disdain for it.

I didn't feel his comments about 'rape' were that big a deal. In fact he commented on the subject after a major news article came out about rape and the border. He was "half correct"...but spoke brashly about it. To me it was a faux pas, to be overlooked.

But then came the storm where I started to REALLY see this was a Narcissist at work, doing what Narcissists do best....which is MANIPULATING groups of people.

The problem with Narcissists is that they are honest to the point where if you let them speak long enough, they'll tell you EVERYTHING. They can't help it, because the world is a stage, and ATTENTION means ACCEPTANCE. The Narcissist doesn't know how to separate the two.

This month was an eye opener for me on him and really hit home on what a danger he could be. He's the type of man that has the ability to rally people and SOLVE PROBLEMS. That is a skill in itself. In that way he IS the PRIME candidate to turn around this country (IMO). a large percentage of the country (ME INCLUDED) feel that the LEFT offer nothing but more of the same and have for the past 8 years under Obama caused untold cultural, societal, racial, present and potential economic damage...with their policies.

I don't see voting for Trump as a "VOTE FOR TRUMP". I see a vote for Trump as a reactionary answer to 8 years of Obama, and an Admin to go with it. A vote AGAINST Leftist ideology which has become pervasive. Again, I say what is in the minds of MANY Trump supporters....and rightfully so.

But Trump is an expert at tapping into that REACTION. He's smart. When he says he's smart, he means it and knows it, and I SEE it. He's perfectly tuned into SOCIAL DYNAMICS...which is possibly the number one skill for success in life. Way undervalued and overlooked. The ability to read SOCIAL DYNAMICS can make or break you in life. Trump knows that. He's the ultimate "ALPHA MALE" who understand the dynamic and has an almost unfair advantage over groups and influence because of his understanding.

He's played all sides. Admits it. Used all sides. Admits it. Gained favor from all sides. Climbed the ladder. Became a BILLIONAIRE. Had women chase after him from all walks of life and was at one time the most sought after man in the world. (Back in the 80s and 90s).

But his Narcissism has caught up to him. This last month he has expressed the following.

1) "Roughing up" protesters. I'm not a fan of BLM myself, but to ENDORSE and call for the physical harm of an American Citizen is UNACCEPTABLE of a President. Period

2) Mocking the disabled. PROVEN...FACTUAL. There is no rebuttal to it that makes sense. He DE FACTO mocked a disabled man and got caught. Why? Because his Narcissism and support told his reactionary brain this is acceptable. It isn't. And his supporters validated him....which is FUEL for the Narcissist.

3) Spends countless hours lashing out on Twitter with personal attacks and no substance. Unbecoming of a LEADER, and showing his weak side (Every ALPHA MALE has a weak spot)

4) Doubled Down on Muslims. Now I myself see his logic. I oppose Sharia Philosophy at every turn. I have studied the Mid East and Terror Groups at exhaustive length. I know the mind of a Salafist/Wahabi...I know the mind of radical Sunni Groups and Sharia itself. It is INCOMPATIBLE with Western culture. Unfortunately we have a Constitution written by men who never fully saw or experienced a "Salafist threat" or completely opened borders and an invasion from the South. Their mistake, their ignorance...the Constitution is deficient in answering the threat. And Trump is attempting to close a gap that the Constitution doesn't address.

5) TRIPLED DOWN and the internet and censorship. I.E. The danger lies in "You come for one...you come for all". This could crossover into websites JUST LIKE ATS....HERE....WHERE WE ARE

CONCLUSION:

We have a Constitution. It's an imperfect document. But he's harkening back to world renown Dictators, Fascists, Monarchs with the TONE of his speech. As a fan of history he is fulfilling and mimicking the VERY philosophies he states he opposes. What's more ironic is that his fans, which claim to be Constitutionalists themselves, don't see that he is parroting and using the same tactics as some very dangerous people in history.

He is tapping into the anger and fear that is RIGHTFULLY there. But he's using it to his advantage. He is a SOCIAL OPPORTUNIST. A man who has perfected exploiting the weakness in others to move them in a direction. He is taking a COMMON ENEMY (Sun Tsu) of Illegal Immigration and Terrorism...and SPRING BOARDING it to bolster his numbers.

He isn't necessarily "WRONG" in his ideas. He's very perceptive. Not able to articulate exactly WHAT he wants to do with detail, but he's thrown all ideas out there. The part that bothers me is he is a SOCIAL WOLF. He's cunning. A man like that can be so cunning that he comes off as simple and direct, but behind the mind is a grandiose....dangerous...scheme.

His Narcissism will go forward. He's testing his audience now. He's seeing exactly WHAT he can get away with, and when he finds validation, he will gain more audience. I can bet CASH MONEY that between now and the polls, there will be another Terror attack, maybe more. And he will find more validation, and it will snowball into more questioning against the Rule of Law.

His Narcissism makes him a loose cannon. The Bravado comes from the attention and support. He thrives off of it. This is no longer about the U.S. this is about him. He's taking the nation on an experience...which is what a socially aware adaptive ALPHA MALE, with traits of Narcissism, does and understands.

He has a VISION...and he's going to implement it no matter what the costs. A man like that can GET SH*T DONE...but there's a cost. Stay aware.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I think he just pushed it over the limit with this one.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The GOP will never nominate him. He makes all of them look like fools and they can't defend him.
edit on 8-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I've always understood why he has such a following - but I'm happy to see some staunch supporters here are coming to realize what's beneath the bluster of the man and how dangerous he would be to the values and principles of our free country.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You know I don't agree with many of your points you outlined in the thread, but at least you are coming around to seeing Trump for who he really is. So kudos to that.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I can't add much to your well-written OP. I agree and am seeing some of the same parallels with various historic figures of the past century.

I think Trump has a "Cult of Personality" and he is using it to his advantage. He is a master manipulator and is telling his followers what they want to hear. He is making use of the most successfully employed meme in history: fear and hate. People don't always know what they like, but they are quite sure of what they hate.

-dex

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The Constitution was written for Men like Obama AND Trump.

edit on 8-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
I can't add much to your well-written OP. I agree and am seeing some of the same parallels with various historic figures of the past century.

I think Trump has a "Cult of Personality" and he is using it to his advantage. He is a master manipulator and is telling his followers what they want to hear. He is making use of the most successfully employed meme in history: fear and hate. People don't always know what they like, but they are quite sure of what they hate.

-dex

As I said, the Fear is WELL founded. I understand his followers. I understand the policy.

This is about Trump's NARCISSISM and him having the very stark and real potential to become JUST LIKE those he proposes to fight. People respond to Trump not because they necessarily 'like' him. They like what he is AGAINST. And he's a cunning man who will exploit it.

He should just keep his mouth shut and employ policy. But Narcissists cannot stop talking when they have attention. This is about his 'vision'...not us, not the Constitution.

Hitler took Germany back from the brink. He was GREAT for his People. People LOVED him. But he had visions too. He had grandiosity. And it was all based on WELL FOUNDED fears. But then what happened???

We all know how that ended.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You are falling for the MSM all out blitz smear campaign. The Establishment will do anything to tear Trump down and stop him from getting one of the mainstream nominations. If you need proof that Trump isn't controlled by Establishment money simply look at the press going overboard to destroy him.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

You are falling for the MSM all out blitz smear campaign. The Establishment will do anything to tear Trump down and stop him from getting one of the mainstream nominations. If you need proof that Trump isn't controlled by Establishment money simply look at the press going overboard to destroy him.

I'm not the type to 'fall for stuff'..

I know perfectly well the Media's constant battle against anything Right of Center.

This isn't about the Media bashing Trump. This is about his OWN words and actions. I've listened to HOURS of Trump speeches and at first I was positive about where he was going.

But my history buff senses kicked in and realized he is employing tactics from a WELL KNOWN playbook, which are SUN TZU, Machiavellian tactics to the MAX. He's cunning. He's correct when he says he's smart.

He employs the exact methods Obama employs, just under a different Authoritarian umbrella.

Like I said, the Constitution, written by BRILLIANT men, was written for Obama AND Trump.

Pay close attention to history. Donald Trump is GOING FOR IT.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Trump is playing the political game in a way that no other buy out political crap out there had done before, he is pushing issues that no politician wants to touch because America doesn't belong anymore to the tax payers and voters.

Let the media dissect him let the rest of the world dissect him, obviously he doesn't give two rat arses what the rest of the world thinks about him.

Actually I comment him from been so forward, for inciting the hornets nest in America that not other poster politician wants to incite, the hell with the rest of the world what they have done for us American, beside been disdainful when it comes to the way we Americans are.

I guess as long as the poster politicians keeps lying to the voters, tells them what they want to hear, do not offend our enemies abroad is ok, to vote for them so they can keep screwing America like they have done so far.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Trump is playing the political game in a way that no other buy out political crap out there had done before, he is pushing issues that no politician wants to touch because America doesn't belong anymore to the tax payers and voters.

Let the media dissect him let the rest of the world dissect him, obviously he doesn't give two rat arses what the rest of the world thinks about him.

Actually I comment him from been so forward, for inciting the hornets nest in America that not other poster politician wants to incite, the hell with the rest of the world what they have done for us American, beside been disdainful when it comes to the way we Americans are.

I guess as long as the poster politicians keeps lying to the voters, tells them what they want to hear, do not offend our enemies abroad is ok, to vote for them so they can keep screwing America like they have done so far.

I've read the playbook. I've read the same philosophical books Trump has. I have no doubt he is employing a combination of Machiavellian, TZU, Carnegie, Plato, Five Rings, Books by Ulysses Grant, etc.

He's a tactician who understands social dynamics.

He's playing the political game like no other. Yes, he's swatting the hornets nest. Yes, he is forcing America into conversation that NEEDS to be had, there is always a "PRO" side to these tactics.

But watch out. Be careful what you wish for. You might get it. And when it goes, it goes BAD.

And I say that as a staunch NATIONALIST who opposes Illegal Immigration and Sharia at every turn

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Where is the history ?

All you posted was opinion with nothing substantial to back it up?

Here is some real history to learn from.

FDR:

“Now, of course, the refugee has got to be checked because, unfortunately, among the refugees there are some spies, as has been found in other countries. And not all of them are voluntary spies—it is rather a horrible story but in some of the other countries that refugees out of Germany have gone to, especially Jewish refugees, they found a number of definitely proven spies.”

Thomas Jefferson reporting to congress during the Barabary War against Muslim pirates:

The ambassador answered us that [the right] was founded on the Laws of the Prophet, that it was written in their Koran, that all nations who should not have answered their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take as prisoners, and that every Mussulman who should be slain in battle was sure to go to Paradise.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Where is the history ?

All you posted was opinion with nothing substantial to back it up?

Here is some real history to learn from.

FDR:

“Now, of course, the refugee has got to be checked because, unfortunately, among the refugees there are some spies, as has been found in other countries. And not all of them are voluntary spies—it is rather a horrible story but in some of the other countries that refugees out of Germany have gone to, especially Jewish refugees, they found a number of definitely proven spies.”

Thomas Jefferson reporting to congress during the Barabary War against Muslim pirates:

The ambassador answered us that [the right] was founded on the Laws of the Prophet, that it was written in their Koran, that all nations who should not have answered their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take as prisoners, and that every Mussulman who should be slain in battle was sure to go to Paradise.

1) Random FDR quote? So what.

2) Yeah? And? Jefferson was correct.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

We all have wishes and we all have them one time or the other into office, I been voting since 78, until this day I have not seen anybody so far doing what the America people wants.

Is not going to happen, I have the feeling that Trump doesn't even care if he wins or not, but by the elections he will have the American people soo stirred up that he will not need to.

I am soo tired of the pretty speech groomed politicrats we got right now, at least he keeps politics interesting for now.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Play dumb if you want but you implied Trump's ideas were unconstitutional.

I countered by showing howFDRs speech and actions restricting certain classes of aliens who have already been proven to be a threat were not only completely legal but wise and prudent.

You also claimed the US never faced a "salafist threat" which is completely ignorant as illustrated by the Jefferson quote.
edit on 8-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The only way Trump doesn't keep the support he has right now is if another one of the GOP candidates pick up his ideals. If that doesn't happen, you'll have to support Trump or a lefty.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

No worries... I doubt too many will fall for it. America needs Trump, it's time to make America great again.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Play dumb oif you want but you implied Trump's ideas were unconstitutional.

I countered by showing howFDRs speech and actions restricting certain classes of aliens who have already been proven to be a threat were not only completely legal but wise and prudent.

You also claimed the US never faced a "salafist threat" which is completely ignorant as illustrated by the Jefferson quote.

Quote where I said Trump's actions were "UNCONSTITUTIONAL"

Line by line...VERBATIM

Your turn.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

No worries... I doubt too many will fall for it. America needs Trump, it's time to make America great again.

No, America needs Trump's POLICIES. Not Trump.

Also, "Make America Great Again" is a slogan like all the other Nationalist slogans of history. It's a cunning, simple, bumper sticker mantra. Are you voting for bumper stickers?

I ask you this as a NATIONALIST myself

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The rise of "Salafism" was not like it was now. There was no established Khalif, Caliphate, or one that even met the requirements of the "Khalif" in Jefferson's days.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join