It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, ATS, any of you forgotten where you parked your Boeing 747?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yep that's right KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport) has not one, not two, but THREE unclaimed Boeing 747's and are looking for their owners.

'Paging the owner of a white Boeing 747, could you please return to your plane you have left your lights on'

n a notice in The Star’s classifieds section on Monday, Malaysia Airports (Sepang) Sdn Bhd, which manages KLIA, gave the unknown owner of three Boeing 747-200F aircraft 14 days to collect his planes.

“If you fail to collect the aircraft within 14 days of the date of this notice, we reserve the right to sell or otherwise dispose of the aircraft,” the notice read, adding that the money raised would be used to offset any expenses and debts due.

KLIA seeking owners of three Boeing 747's
edit on 8-12-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Looks like someone finally figured out where we keep the Masonic chemtrail planes.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I just hope they're not parked on the Barrio side. All the chrome and wheels will be missing when the owners come to collect.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I saw this earlier, and I know they are not the same type of planes...but there are 2 missing planes and 3 are parked in an airport in the same city. I found it a bit creepy.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Okay, I see a new movie on the horizon. In the same vein as Dude, Where's My Car? we have:

Dude, Where's My Plane?

-dex
edit on 12/8/2015 by DexterRiley because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I just tried to butt-alarm my key fob, but it looks like they aren't mine because no one jumped.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It's not the first time someone has done something like this. Their company gets in trouble and can't afford the fees, so they leave the aircraft and disappear so creditors can't get them.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That's pretty much what has happened. Although it's hard to believe that they own the planes outright. Surely a bank somewhere is owed financial payments for them. A big plane is a bit hard to 'lose' I would have thought.

Obviously not.

edit on 8-12-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

There aren't many -200s, even freighters left flying. I believe it's less than 30 worldwide. You can buy them outright relatively cheaply for aircraft.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

So is there the equivalent of an automobile VIN number on these aircraft that they can use to track down the owners?

-dex

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

So is there the equivalent of an automobile VIN number on these aircraft that they can use to track down the owners?

-dex

Yes, there is. I think the article insinuates they know who owned these planes since the company mentioned in the article, but they can't be reached. So, the law is to put up a public notice. The company has dissolved.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Anybody interested in starting an airplane repo biz?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

All aircraft have a data plate inside the door that includes the serial number and the construction number or manufacturer serial number. Unless they strip the data plate it's pretty easy to track the owner. It's harder to find them.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

If they auction them the Air Force would be smart to grab at least one or two of them and send them to AMARG.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Someone call Connie Kalitta!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

I think he's still looking for that engine they dropped in the lake.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Maybe it is similar phenomen as
Abandoned Ferrari Enzo???

Possibly the super-rich people are escaping before it is too late.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tritocvafukei

It's not uncommon for this to happen with cargo planes. Maintenance costs get high, fuel costs get high, while freight demand dips, and suddenly you can't afford to keep the planes flying. Owners get greedy and don't want to lose assets by declaring bankruptcy, so they park the planes and disappear.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Sounds like roofing companies.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LeviB

There's an Il-76 acting as a billboard at a closed down airfield that supposedly was a Soviet monument. According to the story an arms dealer paid a pilot $20,000 to fly it from where it was, out to the airfield, and left it there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join