It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do Muslims In America Believe? Here's the Breakdown...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
With Trump's recent statement that we should place a temporary ban on Muslims entering the States, I wanted to look into some of the facts he mentioned.

Below are highlights from the research that Trump quoted.

majority (51%) agreed that “Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to shariah

More than half (51%) of U.S. Muslims polled also believe either that they should have the choice of American or shariah courts, or that they should have their own tribunals to apply shariah.

nearly a quarter of the Muslims polled believed that, “It is legitimate to use violence to punish those who give offense to Islam by, for example, portraying the prophet Mohammed.”

Nearly one-fifth of Muslim respondents said that the use of violence in the United States is justified in order to make shariah the law of the land in this country

roughly 300,000 Muslims living in the United States who believe that shariah is “The Muslim God Allah’s law that Muslims must follow and impose worldwide by Jihad.”

From Pew research we find some different but equally disturbing facts. Link

More than eight-in-ten American Muslims say suicide bombings and other forms of violence against civilian targets are never justified (81%) or rarely justified (5%) to defend Islam from its enemies.

So what about the other 19%? Pew Research doesn't state much, just that 5% think suicide bombing and violence are rarely justified, which leaves us with 14% that think what exactly? However, a 2007 study does have a more direct approach and states that 26% of younger Muslims in America believe suicide bombings are justified. PDF Link, Page 60

Pew has also found that Muslim-Americans who identify more strongly with their religion are three times more likely to feel that suicide bombings are justified. In 2013 they found that 1 in 4 do not reject violence against citizens.

The Terrorism Research Institute has found that 51% of mosques in the U.S. have texts on site rated as severely advocating violence; 30% rated as moderately advocating violence; and just 19% have no violent texts at all. link

So let's recap the research on Muslims living in America:

-26% of young Muslims believe suicide bombings are justified
-51% of mosques have texts on site that severely advocate violence
-Muslims who take their religion more serious are 3 times more likely to feel Suicide Bombings are justified.
-20% say violence is ok to make Sharia law the law of the US
-25% say violence against individual who offend Islam is ok.
-51% want Sharia Law

And to put that into population numbers, there are roughly 3,000,000 Muslims in America.
Pew is already projecting the Muslim population to double by 2030 in large part because of immigration (and that Muslims have lots of kids).

So maybe Trump isn't so crazy. With those statistics in mind, is it really a good idea to take in Syrian refugees?

How is Britain doing with their 5% Muslim population? And France with their 10% population?

Of course, Democrats would love to have more come over because:

When it comes to political and social views, Muslims are far more likely to identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party (70%) than the Republican Party (11%) and to say they prefer a bigger government providing more services (68%) over a smaller government providing fewer services (21%)

And that's just dandy, especially when you consider that a whopping 91% of Muslim refugees in the states are on food stamps and 68% on cash welfare. Is it any wonder why they tend to vote Democrat? link

Ghost
edit on 8-12-2015 by ghostrager because: Further details

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This country's doomed. Vote Trump 2016. Either way, we're screwed.

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager
Interesting that 25% of the religion of peace in America advocate violence.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Such BS statistics

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I dont get why our military just watches this muslin in thief and his band of merry losers destroy this country...

I mean not a finger has been lifted and were past gone.

Unreal.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: THEatsking
Such BS statistics

Pew research > muslim
edit on 8-12-2015 by mwalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
They do these "polls" in the UK as well and so far not me or a single Muslim I know has been asked to participate.

Strange that.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Oops. That's a racist, bigoted, intolerant, stupid view - yet completely correct.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
*** Double post ***
edit on 12jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Greetings- Sometimes I detest being "that guy" BUT You also have to look at how these questions are asked and the phrasing used to prompt an answer.

i.e. Question #1 could've read like the following: Do You think Muslims™ should be confined to laws of the U.S. or Sharia laws in the U.S. or the person practicing Islam™ should be sent back to wherever they came from?

With all that typed : Flame forth!!

I'm ALL of them so it doesn't matter to Me...

namaste

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: THEatsking

What are the real numbers?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Quick!! Stick your head back in the sand. Don't post on ATS, just go back to ostriching. ( made up verb for sticking head in sand)

Yea, enough of my humor. Cognitive dissonance is a bitch ain't it?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
They do these "polls" in the UK as well and so far not me or a single Muslim I know has been asked to participate.

Strange that.

Right??

As a Christian I have never been 'polled' either.

Has anyone on ATS EVER been polled about ANYTHING? Serious question, although OT

edit on 12 8 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Serious question for Muslims or hell all religions.. You have a gun to your head and have 2 choices denounce Islam and your Prophet or Kill someone because they dont believe your religion.. Choose 1 or death.

I would be denouncing god in a second..

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

What are the real numbers?

Well that's difficult to gauge when you only ask 600 anonymous people, who may differ from Quranist to Wahhabi, from Sunni to Shiite, from Sufi to Salafist.

600 people out of 3 million people.
That's not a poll.

+9 more 
link   

Prepare for utter denial, being labeled racist and claims that white christian men are the real threat.

link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Has anyone on ATS EVER been polled about ANYTHING?

Yes, on several different subjects/topics.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

And what if I refuse both of those silly options?

Edit: Just saw the death option. I choose death.
edit on 8-12-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
well whatever the game plan donald is running with, and whoever is behind it, it's certainly made an impact. cause and effect by design.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It was meant to be silly.. So you would rather die then denounce your faith,, that says alot to me.. ***SNIP***
Watchout for that invisible man in the sky..
edit on 8-12-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/8/2015 by Blaine91555 because: snipped needless rude comment

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join