It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much Are The Police Really Costing You?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Perhaps another question might be; is the govt using our tax to break down the rule of law and leave 'government policy' in its place?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

spot on, absolutely zero trust and if your in the right (or wrong) neighborhood they are hated for many of the reasons you list not to mention the totally totally corrupt legal system that destroys your life without a second thought

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
One very rural county i live in i would watch a sheriff patrol unit on graveyard shift that would pass the area i was working and spend a hour up a dirt road that no one lived on beyond where i worked.
Anyone that went up the road would come to a dead end after less then 5 min.

This happened about 3 nights a week and to this day i never found a reason for him to be in that area so many times a week for months at a time.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Of course the lawyers profit more than the criminals they prosecute or defend. LOL.

It's all lawyers, all the way down. Most criminals are guilty of actions deemed "criminal" by legislators, who are 99% lawyers. That's why lawyers exist in the first place, aside from normalizing usury.

The rest is just a massive protection racket, disguised as a Ponzi scheme to make it more palatable.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Of course the lawyers profit more than the criminals they prosecute or defend. LOL.

It's all lawyers, all the way down. Most criminals are guilty of actions deemed "criminal" by legislators, who are 99% lawyers. That's why lawyers exist in the first place, aside from normalizing usury.

The rest is just a massive protection racket, disguised as a Ponzi scheme to make it more palatable.

Not all lawyers are bad, I know two out of about ten I know that are really good people. Not surprisingly, they are the poorest of the ten I know

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Of course there are. Some sheep train to be wolves and it's a good thing too, because it's through them that we develop a hint of how to interpret the language of wolves.

But the truth is law -- as a profession, is the codification of master morality; the oldest and truest morality on the planet. Those who serve the law are called slaves and their morality is slave morality. The antithesis of master morality.

Many sheep imagine they are wolves because they are trained to pursue wolf business, but this is an illusion. Patriotism, faith, honor and goodness are the traits they breed for, but do not define them.

When you understand why the teachers of master morality design special tests to determine who is trainable and who is not, then you will understand what you are up against. The fact that some sheep learn to wear the guise of a wolf is irrelevant to the struggle. Reality must be controlled at all costs because nothing is actually true until it is legislated by the masters of the first morality.

From this law, all others follow.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I used to workout at martial art club that had numerous police officers from different police agencies. But even as a juvenile ( I am NOW 57) there were bad police officers that other police knew about. I umpired baseball as youth and later as adult. There are and were a number law enforce officers who umpire. And they tell the same/similar story. That various police agencies knowingly kept very police officers on the book.

It was implied that kept them on the book like in Dirty Harry movies and send after known criminals. For various reason the legal process did not work or there were thing that they did not want the public to know. That would be semi good thing to justify keeping those men.

BUT they were also kept on the books to go after Union organizers, social organizers, those organizing protest and others. That in 99.9% of the time these individuals should be legal protected NOT targeted.

The police officers I know just pulling their weapon out and documenting that action will get them suspend or investigated. Discharging a round under condition will get some officer suspend and investigated while another police officer involved in a lethal shooting that DOES NOT make it to local media will be left on the job with pay. AFTER any shooting making into media the general rules with suspensions with or without pay.

WHY one officer will be fired and another given free ride. to us on the outside is unclear.

I know from few police I have interaction with. During the Dakota Pipe line protests there where Maryland police from different areas and agencies where forced to go there. Some were fired if they did not agree. Most of men I knew would be a good nature humans who I am certain make the best decisions as possible under ugly situations. BUT they knew of men in there same units who were only there to crack skulls.

They tried to explain what nightmare it is to have 10 so police trying to keep control of a large crowd and they knew that there were those in their own group that were going to make the situation even uglier.

I tried out for the Baltimore City police many years ago. I passed all the test but was denied employment. From my understand the Baltimore city police send most of it police force to Israel training.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

But a vast majority of people still believe that the Lieutenants and Chiefs and City Manager's Offices are just full of professionalism and integrity, and that they can be trusted.

Not me, crack down from the top down. Every single government employee in every single government position needs to be under fire until they realize it's time for the corruption and nepotism to end. Period.

No more pensions for you.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I live in a small Midwestern town, and up until several years ago the police dressed in regular style gear. Now they all dress tactical style and look like they are on the SWAT team or are in the special forces. Their pistols are hung on their chests in quick draw style and they all have AR-15's in their cruisers. The town is still a quiet peaceful place, nothing like the big cities but there seems to be a total transformation of their image and operating tactics. I don't see this making my town any safer but just with police who are armed and armored to the teeth ready for war. I think a lot of people find it a little disturbing.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
cant ven imagine that

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

edit on 3/10/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

You are right

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I had a SEIZURE...they claimed I was DRUNK. The police report was denied ME...denied to my LAWYER. The statute of limitations on the supposed DUI went by and I was never charged. I still have not been charged with the felonies of assault on a LE and resisting arrest. I don't remember a THING. I had a SEIZURE!!!! I can prove I have epilepsy and PTSD and bipolar disorder. I called the state's Department of health on the hospital that diagnosed me with substance abuse instead of the seizure.....they put me in leather restraints for THREE HOURS and never checked on me ONCE while the police assaulted me while I was in those 4 point restraints trying to get blood from me. I suffer from complex partial epilepsy....mistaken ALL the time for intoxication. This was a year and a month ago and I STILL have no formal charges, have NO police report.....I have been in trauma therapy for a year....I cannot even bring charges against the cops because I don't even know who arrested me!!!!!! The hospital was given a MAJOR violation by the state for what they did to me.....I was left with PERMANENT scars on my ankles and wrists from the restraints and I have nightmares from what I remember in the hospital. I was released from the jail with NO bail and I blew UNDER the limit in the jail.......JUSTICE?????? what is that? I am a 52 year old female with a history of bipolar disorder, PTSD from severe childhood abuse and "battered wife syndrome" from my first marriage...I also have epilepsy from brain injuries....since 2009.......I am STILLL waiting to be charged.........(the DUI statute of limitations passed. My lawyer thinks my BAC came in under the limit.....)a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

edit on 11/21/2018 by Cornczech because: meh

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Who can pay for the state structure except people?

(post by Zubair789 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
"City Police" shouldn't be considered "law enforcement". They're "peace officers" and city revenue collectors. There job is a blanket neighborhood watch. At least it used to be. "Police" in the U.S.A started out picking up horse crap from the streets, true fact.

County Sheriff and there departments are historically more a law enforcement than city security gaurds/revenue collectors.

Mind you, "police" by law in the U.S., have no duty to protect a single citizen. Though the work they do is honorable it is not exactly "upholding the oath" they take/took and really doesn't bode well for a Republic form of government. Many "police officers" violate their own "outh" by "upholding" city codes instead of their state and federal constitutions. A problem with any "public servant" nowadays.
But it would be so much easier to hold one person (sherriff) accountable, than a political appointed "police chief".

American's have allowed their freedom to be decided, by a bunch of authority seeking, petty local tyrants, out of fear "for their own safety". Not all American's, but a lot.

America needs to get a grip on these local "law enforcement" city agencies. They need to be constrained by their oath to uphold and defend the C.O.T.U.S. and their State. Or they need to stop taking that oath, they're not Soldiers. They need to be "deputised" by an leader by the people and not "commissioned" by bureaucracy, political whim or legal double speak, which is what American "law" has become.

The American "legal system" has become a joke. Law is supposed to separate right from wrong. One shouldn't need a "lawyer" to navigate right or wrong.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Tomcat1970

It is disturbing to see that. We see it here, on the west coast, all the time. Cops all "battle rattled up" because they "just want to make it home after their shift", after all the explosions and suppressive fire!
It's like a Hollywood movie. Poor LEO out there, doing sh*t that draws fire.... I personally have no feelings for them and my son is a cop.

But I raised him to know the difference, he knows the difference. I'm proud of that boy.

After hurricane Katrina I was "deployed" down there, (Louisiana) with a military police unit, what a eye opener that was. New Orleans PD was no where to be found at that time. Their cruisers and equipment was everywhere... I personally saw, two uniformed NOPD "officers", exiting a store with flat screen TV's. I'm sure it was for a "good cause". I also saw BATF "leo's" trashing/destroying gun shop records/paper work... Being the good "public servants" they are. ... I have no faith or belief in "law enforcement". I do my best to avoid them at all cost.
They can dress and play warriors, Soldiers all they want.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
As many lives as they take for sport, for starters.

posted on May, 29 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

According to this Man , Too Much ..............

posted on Aug, 26 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
As a former police officer, let me tell you, it's the top 2/3 you really have to look out for. THAT is where the real problem is, and it bleeds over into City Hall corruption. When was the last time you heard of a Police Chief being disciplined? Never. They would never even investigate a complaint against one of their own.

The hard charging, real sense of justice, fight for what's right cops get drummed out. And a bunch of incompetent POS's get to stay on the job because they don't 'rock the boat'.

You really want to clean house? Start at the top.

I couldn't agree more! Look at the city government in Portland, Oregon. They reflexively rule against anything that would protect their citizens and economy. They turn a blind eye to violence and call people being beaten unconscious "peaceful demonstration".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join