It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Ted Cruz vaults into first place in new Iowa poll

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: buster2010

I have no idea what that graph is. Please explain.

It's from Ted Cruz's file on Politifact.
Ted Cruz's file

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
And has he actually laid out his budget? I haven't seen his budget could you post a link as to why his Presidency would cost you less.

He's laid it out as much as anyone else has to date...
www.tedcruz.org...

It’s time for bold change. Change that stops Washington from squandering Americans’ money; that scraps the current tax code and replaces it with a single, fair, low rate for all; that reins in Washington’s costly regulations; that honors the People’s work with the dignity it deserves; and that finally gets the government out of our pockets and off our backs.

Of course, because entitlements constitute roughly two-thirds of federal spending, no government spending plan is complete without addressing entitlement reform. And in the coming months, I will be laying out a detailed plan to do just that, to strengthen and preserve Social Security and Medicare, and to ensure their fiscal strength for decades to come. But we should start with federal discretionary spending.

I have already introduced the Cruz Simple Flat Tax, which reduces the existing seven individual rates to one low rate of 10 percent for all Americans; eliminates the corporate carve-outs and loopholes; and requires every business to pay the same Business Flat Tax of 16 percent. Under my plan, the after-tax income of all Americans goes up by double digits, compliance costs go down, and the economy booms. The Simple Flat Tax is so simple and transparent, in fact, that Americans will be able to fill out their taxes on a postcard or smartphone app.

One important upshot of the Simple Flat Tax is that it allows us to eliminate the IRS. That agency, as we know it, administers a rat’s nest of laws and loopholes that allow it to wield unfettered power and that embolden it to target political opponents.

A 10% flat tax saves me money and the major reforms to entitlement and social spending he's identified reduce future taxation demands by not just putting this crap on the federal credit card for future generations to (still) be paying for.

It sounds good but you know what doesn't sound good? How the debt will skyrocket if that get passed if people think the debt rose under Obama then they are in for a rude awakening. And as usual this will benefit the wealthy more than anyone.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Send him over the pond then.

I've heard much talk of it being time for an immigrant PM.

Ted Cruz will do.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

It sounds good but you know what doesn't sound good? How the debt will skyrocket if that get passed if people think the debt rose under Obama then they are in for a rude awakening. And as usual this will benefit the wealthy more than anyone.

I have already introduced the Cruz Simple Flat Tax, which reduces the existing seven individual rates to one low rate of 10 percent for all Americans; [1]eliminates the corporate carve-outs and loopholes; and requires [2]every business to pay the same Business Flat Tax of 16 percent. Under my plan, the after-tax income of all Americans goes up by double digits, [3]compliance costs go down, and the economy booms. The Simple Flat Tax is so simple and transparent, in fact, that Americans will be able to fill out their taxes on a postcard or smartphone app.

1: Effectively raises taxes on 'too big to fail' companies that have cronied up to government. The 'wealthy' will not benefit that much.

2: Gives a break to small business, makes local products and services more affordable, which then benefits the 10% tax, and creates competition with those 'too big to fail' businesses. Less advantageous for the currently 'wealthy'

3: Gives a break to all business so they can be more productive and less concerned with government bean counters. Less advantageous for the currently 'wealthy'

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Like right-wingers threaten to immigrate to Canada if we allow Syrian immigrants in?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Like right-wingers threaten to immigrate to Canada if we allow Syrian immigrants in?

hahahahaha

Did that happen?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Kali74

hahahahaha

Did that happen?

They want to move to Texas as soon as Texas secedes. But some Texans would rather they just stay home. I'm one of em....
edit on 7-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Too hot. I'd rather stay in the theocratic US with Ted Cruz. Maybe they'll let me stay an atheist.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: olaru12

Too hot. I'd rather stay in the theocratic US with Ted Cruz. Maybe they'll let me stay an atheist.

Right, you should be right at home with these folks....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.youtube.com...

I love his voice. Close your eyes and he sounds like Scarface giving a sermon.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Trumps not looking so bad now huh? Cruz licks israels arse more than anyone i've ever seen.... Scares the hell out of me!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
Trumps not looking so bad now huh? Cruz licks israels arse more than anyone i've ever seen.... Scares the hell out of me!

That's a colorful way to phrase it. Conservative Right Wing Christians have a very close relationship with Israel. It scares the hell out of me as well. The road to Armageddon....

www.beliefnet.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
The same Ted Cruz who held a rally at a gun range the day after the San Bernedino massacre?

Right.

So we do have a 2nd amendment. Remember?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Cruz is a turd

Mind if I ask why you feel this way?

I like Ted mainly because of 2 reasons:
1. I believe he's an honest man.
2. A Ted Cruz presidency costs me the least of my hard earned money.

Yeah he's real honest.

And has he actually laid out his budget? I haven't seen his budget could you post a link as to why his Presidency would cost you less.

Where did you get that screenshot from? Left leaning politafact?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

He's laid it out as much as anyone else has to date...
www.tedcruz.org...

It’s time for bold change. Change that stops Washington from squandering Americans’ money; that scraps the current tax code and replaces it with a single, fair, low rate for all; that reins in Washington’s costly regulations; that honors the People’s work with the dignity it deserves; and that finally gets the government out of our pockets and off our backs.

Of course, because entitlements constitute roughly two-thirds of federal spending, no government spending plan is complete without addressing entitlement reform. And in the coming months, I will be laying out a detailed plan to do just that, to strengthen and preserve Social Security and Medicare, and to ensure their fiscal strength for decades to come. But we should start with federal discretionary spending.

I have already introduced the Cruz Simple Flat Tax, which reduces the existing seven individual rates to one low rate of 10 percent for all Americans; eliminates the corporate carve-outs and loopholes; and requires every business to pay the same Business Flat Tax of 16 percent. Under my plan, the after-tax income of all Americans goes up by double digits, compliance costs go down, and the economy booms. The Simple Flat Tax is so simple and transparent, in fact, that Americans will be able to fill out their taxes on a postcard or smartphone app.

One important upshot of the Simple Flat Tax is that it allows us to eliminate the IRS. That agency, as we know it, administers a rat’s nest of laws and loopholes that allow it to wield unfettered power and that embolden it to target political opponents.

A 10% flat tax saves me money and the major reforms to entitlement and social spending he's identified reduce future taxation demands by not just putting this crap on the federal credit card for future generations to (still) be paying for.

You mean how the debt went up 9 trillion under Obama and so did our taxes that where built into Obamacare? Wake up!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

"Machine gun bacon" is enough for me to think he is a moron. And I am all for guns.

This poll is frickin garbage anyway though.

Link to poll data here

The Monmouth University Poll was sponsored and conducted by the Monmouth University Polling Institute from December 3
to 6, 2015 with a statewide random sample of 425 Iowa voters drawn from a list of registered voters who voted in at least one
of the last two state primary elections, voted in both the 2012 and 2014 general elections, or have registered to vote in the past
year.

As of December 2015 there are 511,443 registered republicans in Iowa.

Iowa voter registration data

So we are talking 0.08% of voters polled here then. Thanks for nothing, Monmouth. Until the caucuses this is all garbage data.

ETA: That is 4.29 voters per county. How can this be taken seriously? I think this poll must have been sponsored by the Monmouth Sociology Department to see how many people would believe this without fact-checking it for credibility.

thx
-d
edit on 7-12-2015 by drewlander because: additional info.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Not so fast, Buster. Consider that the the 26 largest companies doing business in the United States are in negative tax brackets.

HuffPo Article

There are plenty of sources citing this data if you dont like HuffPo. So consider if the highest profiting companies actually paid any taxes at all, 10% would actually be solvent.

thx
-d

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

3 of the 4 "LIar Liar" claims are patently accurate, but opinionated.
-In a round about way, federal penalties and losing tax exempt status if you don't accommodate Obama's birth control provision demands would have had the effect of shutting down many of the charities and organizations.
-He turned a phrase. Anyone who actually thought he meant Iranians would be openly celebrating for all to see must be fairly new to the English language and is unfamiliar with conversational hyperbole.
-Obama did open his presidency with a global apology tour. The jackass basically went country to country, pandering and soothing butthurt. Not real sure how that one even got considered for their "liar liar" category.

The others, while nothing I wish to go through item by item aren't wrong.
-The transexual nonsense in America has been discussed on the federal level and the feds have passed edicts to schools to bar the "discrimination" of not letting a make claim he's a chick so he can maybe use the girl's lockerroom.
-Inflation adjusted income for women HAS dropped by over $700 under Obama.
-The Iran deal was the pinnacle of STUPID pushed by the damn dunderhead in the Oval Office.

Uh, this is my first dealing with "politifact." Fascinating website which seems to have a tremendous amount of biased BS on it in place of any actual facts. Yep... I believe Ted Cruz is more honest than that website is. Still supporting the man.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictoriaCromwell

Send him over the pond then.

I've heard much talk of it being time for an immigrant PM.

Ted Cruz will do.

There already is a petition over there to ban Trump from the UK for his racism. But I would fully support shipping the Hitler wannabe over there as long as you kept him there.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Obama did open his presidency with a global apology tour. The jackass basically went country to country, pandering and soothing butthurt. Not real sure how that one even got considered for their "liar liar" category.

Because it is a flat out lie. Even General Powell said it was BS.

The Iran deal was the pinnacle of STUPID pushed by the damn dunderhead in the Oval Office.

So another war would have been better? The GOP was so upset because their boss in Tel Aviv kept pushing for America to attack Iran over their imaginary nuclear weapons program.

Uh, this is my first dealing with "politifact." Fascinating website which seems to have a tremendous amount of biased BS on it in place of any actual facts. Yep... I believe Ted Cruz is more honest than that website is. Still supporting the man.

Typical neocon when faced with actual facts pretend they aren't true and keep believing the delusion they have chosen to follow. And if this is your first time dealing with politifact then this must be your first time in the political forums.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join