It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Ted Cruz vaults into first place in new Iowa poll

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I would think you, of all ATS members, would eschew guilt by association.

My thoughts are that Ted Cruz is hated because he's not controlled by any particular powerful individual and he's brutally intelligent, the combination of which makes him a major threat to the global establishment. Much of what he gets maligned over is stuff which could fairly be considered "traditionalist policy" the likes of which was standard operating fare for both parties just 2 decades ago. From a positional standpoint, nothing Ted says should manufacture the fear mongering and spitefulness some approach him with.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The same Ted Cruz who held a rally at a gun range the day after the San Bernedino massacre?

Right.
edit on 12/7/2015 by ~Lucidity because: fixed for accuracy

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's not so much guilt by association, that's not my intention...

This is a case of alignment, not just association.

He aligns with these people, he welcomes their ideology and joins himself to the cause.

This is not the same as blaming you for WBC, this is a man who connects himself to the wrong people happily.

It goes far beyond guilt by association, imo.
edit on 7-12-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Did you see about the 13-15 hours of uncut 'family bonding' films his campaign released to youtube?

How fake they were -
they even showed all the outtakes.......

Let me know if you'd like a link.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Republican Ted Cruz vaults into first place in new Iowa poll
they forgot the last part of that. " among Democrat voters"

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

My thoughts are that Ted Cruz is hated because he's not controlled by any particular powerful individual and he's brutally intelligent, the combination of which makes him a major threat to the global establishment.

eek.

Dare I?
He is controlled not by any particular individual - you are right on that point. At least, he's not PHYSICALLY controlled. Emotionally and financially is a totally different thing. You don't know how much his father is being bullied or bought or threatened if Ted doesn't 'toe the line.'

Intelligent? I'd give him articulate. But that's it. He's not 'brutally' anything - except creepy.

Truth is, he's controlled by the Evangelical Seven-Mountain Dominionists caucus - the Theocratic wing......the New Apostolic Reformation. The Extreme Right-Wing .....

Make no mistake, sir.
He is poisoned.

edit on 12/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Cruz is a turd

Mind if I ask why you feel this way?

I like Ted mainly because of 2 reasons:
1. I believe he's an honest man.
2. A Ted Cruz presidency costs me the least of my hard earned money.

Yeah he's real honest.

And has he actually laid out his budget? I haven't seen his budget could you post a link as to why his Presidency would cost you less.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I have no idea what that graph is. Please explain.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think everyone should start hyperventilating and make claims that they will move to Cuba if Ted Cruz is elected.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
So what I'm gathering here is that it doesn't matter who wins the GOP in Iowa, the people who aren't going to vote (R) anyway will complain about whoever it is.

p.s. Up until March 15 it won't matter which (R) wins Iowa, it's not winner-take-all unless they receive more than 50%, and only if the state GOP choose to give them all to the winner. Each candidate will gain a proportional number of delegates. The winner of Iowa will have political momentum but not a relatively huge delegate advantage.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
And has he actually laid out his budget? I haven't seen his budget could you post a link as to why his Presidency would cost you less.

He's laid it out as much as anyone else has to date...
www.tedcruz.org...

It’s time for bold change. Change that stops Washington from squandering Americans’ money; that scraps the current tax code and replaces it with a single, fair, low rate for all; that reins in Washington’s costly regulations; that honors the People’s work with the dignity it deserves; and that finally gets the government out of our pockets and off our backs.

Of course, because entitlements constitute roughly two-thirds of federal spending, no government spending plan is complete without addressing entitlement reform. And in the coming months, I will be laying out a detailed plan to do just that, to strengthen and preserve Social Security and Medicare, and to ensure their fiscal strength for decades to come. But we should start with federal discretionary spending.

I have already introduced the Cruz Simple Flat Tax, which reduces the existing seven individual rates to one low rate of 10 percent for all Americans; eliminates the corporate carve-outs and loopholes; and requires every business to pay the same Business Flat Tax of 16 percent. Under my plan, the after-tax income of all Americans goes up by double digits, compliance costs go down, and the economy booms. The Simple Flat Tax is so simple and transparent, in fact, that Americans will be able to fill out their taxes on a postcard or smartphone app.

One important upshot of the Simple Flat Tax is that it allows us to eliminate the IRS. That agency, as we know it, administers a rat’s nest of laws and loopholes that allow it to wield unfettered power and that embolden it to target political opponents.

A 10% flat tax saves me money and the major reforms to entitlement and social spending he's identified reduce future taxation demands by not just putting this crap on the federal credit card for future generations to (still) be paying for.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I think everyone should start hyperventilating and make claims that they will move to Cuba if Ted Cruz is elected.

I'd pop the popcorn for that. Will you bring the beer?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Nobody likes a tease.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
The same Ted Cruz who held a rally at a gun range the day after the San Bernedino massacre?

Right.

Bernardino.

Perfectly appropriate. No one at the gun range ever participated in a massacre. No one at the gun range likely ever killed anyone with a gun, but because some crazies decided to attack the United States now you want to take the citizens' right to bear arms away? If someone with a gun was there they could have saved lives, but hey!

It was God damned Gun Free Zone!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Popcorn, beer and being a tease aside, I'm waiting for the left to bring up Cruz as the anti-Christ next. Or is that Trump?

This is why I find politics so much fun!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Ooops. I keep spelling that so many different ways. Thanks.

Regardless, it still hit me as being kind of cold.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

No more cold than cries for gun control before anyone even knew anything about what had really happened. No more cold than running headlines mocking those who offered thought and prayers, nevermind that those on the inside sent out texts imploring people to do just that ...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: ~Lucidity

No more cold than cries for gun control before anyone even knew anything about what had really happened. No more cold than running headlines mocking those who offered thought and prayers, nevermind that those on the inside sent out texts imploring people to do just that ...

But cold nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
He looks downright sleazy.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It looks like preaching fear and hate the Muslims while pushing for a Christian theocracy is the winning combo in Iowa

We is wooing the group that brought us the Bushes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join