It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Pandering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
What is political pandering? According to wiki this is the definition.

Pandering is the act of expressing one's views in accordance with the likes of a group to which one is attempting to appeal. The term is most notably associated with politics. In pandering, the views one is expressing are merely for the purpose of drawing support up to and including votes and do not necessarily reflect one's personal values.

Pandering is essentially a reaction of panic in elected officials who must either tailor their views to public opinion or risk losing their existing or potential seat

What I am seeing a lot of though is politicians lying for your vote. They are not just expressing views in accordance with the public they are claiming they will pass legislation or solve a problem to achieve goals in accordance with groups views. The problem is the things they are claiming they will do are impossible and most people know that, but they give them a pass for lying and call it pandering to make it sound less deceitful or acceptable because we all know politicians pander, they all do.

There are many politicians promising things that are not going to happen if they are elected so when we can clearly determine that such promises are impossible to achieve I think it is important to determine if the one politician believes his own BS or if that politician is establishing a clear track record of lying to the public.

In my opinion if a politician is claiming they can achieve some goal by being elected and that goal is completely unrealistic then there are really only two possibilities. One is that politician is far to stupid to lead and the other is that politician has no morals when it comes to straight out lying to the public for votes. I

Let us stop classifying political lies as pandering there is substantial difference between the two.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The ONE politician right now who i feel doesn't and wouldn't do this is the new leader of the Labour party in the UK, Jeremy Corbyn. He is a man of morals, even if it is unpopular, he sticks by them, the media hate him for it!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ChosenCorbyn

I am still sorting through the politicians here. Many I have completely ruled out regardless of their affiliation because I will vote for neither a dunce or someone who takes me for a dunce.

new topics

join