It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz: We Can 'Absolutely' Outlaw Abortion Without Overturning Roe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Bernie is an Independent, not a Democrat - just like Paul is not a Republican, but a Libertarian.
They're both simply caucusing with the larger parties to increase their chances.

Does that help?

Bernie is to the Dems what Paul is to the GOP.

Rand Paul is a self described "Constitutional Conservative", not a Libertarian. He does not want to be called one.

Unlike his Father, who I almost became a State Delegate for.

Rand is also not showing up in the polls at ALL. Because he's too squeaky clean and the Paul family has been maligned by the GOP

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

That will create a generation of broken souls.

We already have that in the war-torn countries. Kids who will never, ever be 'normal' because they are too traumatized, have witnessed too many horrible things, been taught from the cradle that living means having to attack everyone else.

This is a ridiculous premise from an outright nutbag lunatic psycho in a suit.

Yup.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Rand is also not showing up in the polls at ALL. Because he's too squeaky clean and the Paul family has been maligned by the GOP

But Bernie is showing up in the polls ... and he is also squeaky clean. Not one thing he stands for hurts anyone but the uber-greedy rich.

edit on 12/7/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

But Bernie is showing up in the polls ... and he is also squeaky clean. Not one thing he stands for hurts anyone but the uber-greedy rich.

I disagree. He wants tuition and health care for foreign nationals, AKA ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. And all his policies sound like more "bottom up" economic failure, which has been tried. He also blames "CLIMATE CHANGE" as one of the reasons for Terrorism. He's absurd

There is no way in hell I can support such a failure of a policy.
edit on 7-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ted Cruz would be GREAT if he laid of the "God Stuff", but he won't.

Donald Trump is the ANSWER to a lot of our ills, but he's an arrogant douche with Fascist tendencies , and too 'strong' for his own good. He's a bully.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

He wants tuition and health care for foreign nationals, AKA ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

So?
The vast majority of them pay into the system - they participate in our society - because they shop here, and work here, and even if they're working "under the table" (although MOST of them pay taxes) they are providing valued services and also spending their earnings right here.

As opposed to the wealthy, who keep their money hoarded OUT of the country.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

He wants tuition and health care for foreign nationals, AKA ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

So?
The vast majority of them pay into the system - they participate in our society - because they shop here, and work here, and even if they're working "under the table" (although MOST of them pay taxes) they are providing valued services and also spending their earnings right here.

As opposed to the wealthy, who keep their money hoarded OUT of the country.

Wrong answer, and complete propaganda.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Ted Cruz would be GREAT if he laid of the "God Stuff", but he won't.

Exactly right. He won't. IMO, he can't - not only because he was groomed by his own dad to be 'the annointed one' and believes it is his 'destiny' because of that, but also because the entire Evangelical base would abandon him if he did. They're really all he's got going for him.

Glad you agree with that part.

Donald Trump is the ANSWER to a lot of our ills, but he's an arrogant douche with Fascist tendencies , and too 'strong' for his own good. He's a bully.

I'd say Trump is all of those things EXCEPT the answer to all of our ills. He's a lit fuse.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

It's the true and real answer. Not propaganda - I was on the inside. I know this for a fact.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Sorry but I have to eject on this convo. Not to be insulting but you've swallowed too much Lefty Kool Aid to even see straight. It's impossible to get through to a "believer" these days. On either the Right OR the Left.

Your mind is made up. So there's no more I can say

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Okay. Just know that I actually know what I'm talking about - because education, experience, and being a grown-up freethinker.

Best regards. Thanks for stopping by.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

How would you make it stricter than it already is?

I don't know. Just wanted to see how open you were to compromise.

I think the anti-abortion folks would do a better job at stopping abortions if they were to focus on healthcare and taking care of those in need. Make changes to the system that support those people that are not in a position to raise a child because of economic reasons.

Perhaps someone like Cruz would be willing to compromise on those sorts of issues if the pro-choice side is willing to compromise as well. Think he would budge a little or not?

What?? You got Obamacare. It's the Democrats dream and baby. Now you want something else? Is Obamacare not working or something? I can't imagine why you aren't happy with the healthcare system *you're* elected leaders created and implemented.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

All of the above.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
In the spirit of that statement, would people such as yourself be willing to compromise on stricter abortion laws in exchange for, let's say, universal healthcare or free public housing for the homeless and poor?

Is there any room for compromise by either side of this issue?

I think there is, but I think easier access to abortions goes hand in hand with more birth control because accidents happen. The compromise in my mind is that we make sure everyone has more birth control than they could possibly need/want/use so that we have fewer instances where we need to argue in the first place.

On abortion itself, if there were more services to care for children after they're born I would be ok with tightening abortion laws. But that means more people need to be willing to adopt more children, there needs to be a lot of daycare, there needs to be a social safety net for those children growing up and even into adulthood, there needs to be outreach programs to help raise children when the parents can't, and many others.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

On abortion itself, if there were more services to care for children after they're born I would be ok with tightening abortion laws. But that means more people need to be willing to adopt more children, there needs to be a lot of daycare, there needs to be a social safety net for those children growing up and even into adulthood, there needs to be outreach programs to help raise children when the parents can't, and many others.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

What?? You got Obamacare. It's the Democrats dream and baby.

I'm not a democrat and Obamacare is nothing more than a handout to the insurance companies. Sure, it helped some of the poorer among us get coverage, but it is not even close to what is needed, like a single payer or universal plan.

I can't imagine why you aren't happy with the healthcare system *you're* elected leaders created and implemented.

Not a single person I voted for is in office at a federal level.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Sure, it helped some of the poorer among us get coverage, but it is not even close to what is needed, like a single payer or universal plan.

Which is doable, and what Bernie wants.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

a reply to: jjkenobi

Senate passes budget bill repealing Obamacare, defunding Planned Parenthood

Oh, and btw, it's "your". Not "you're".

And??

Obamacare is failing more and more at every level each month. The largest Insurance company within the U.S. is ejecting out of it, and many others are following suit since it's NOT ECONOMICALLY VIABLE.

Repeal it? Yes please. It DOES NOT work.
edit on 7-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I get tired of the whole abortion thing. It really doesn't matter who is in office things will not ever change at the fed level. Some stupid local governments have worked to limit it in their area so do not live there since there might not be a clinic to do it within walking distance, but to use this as a make or break agenda is and has been the one holy grail for the left, and it is old and tiring.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join