It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another case of bad crew coordination

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: HickoryStick

We're seeing a lot more crew coordination issues cropping up again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some regions I can understand as it's a cultural thing and hard to break, but these are happening everywhere again.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

www.theguardian.com...

Trend is still going down. Once 2015 results are in, I'd be interested to see what's going on. But i do appreciate the concern.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: HickoryStick

Most of what we've been seeing have been incidents luckily. They could easily have been much worse. But sooner or later that luck will run out. The overall accident trend is down, which is great, but how long before Qatar takes off at an intersection and doesn't get airborne this time? Or another Airbus sets the wrong runway and doesn't notice and flies into a hill instead of clearing it at low altitude?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
So in the height of irony, Qatar brought an A350 to the US to make a major media announcement, and fly media back to Doha on a demonstration flight. During takeoff, out of New York, the computer system decided that the 11,000 foot long runway that they were using was too short and applied maximum breaking, aborting the takeoff.

At least one tweet stated "I know of another Qatar aircraft that could use this system".

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
While this was a no brainer, it's still a surprise. Qatar announced that they have fired the pilots involved in this incident.

dohanews.co...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join