It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Vote or not to Vote?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The one thing everyone agrees on, is the future of America is at a crucial if not pivotal point. The decisions we make will effect not only us, but a huge portion of the world as well. We might argue the details, but we all agree, its at critical mass. So, when I listened to the presidents speech yesterday, I realized, there may not be anything we can do about this "wienie water soup" spewing idiot, but we dam sure better get it right in the next election, or we might as well give up.

Then common sense settles in, and Im like, really? The Winner of the Presidency is announced before I can get to the polls in California. It seems rather dumb to hear who the winner is, on the radio, while driving down to vote. The polls arent even closed yet! So, I turn my car around and celebrate the next puppet doing the will of his masters.

I campagned to help Ross Peroit, and Ron Paul, and if the system wasnt rigged they would have won. People were fed up and wanted some common sense in the Whitehouse. And look how far the will of the people got us. Ross' family was threatened so he had to stop. I have already learned that there are people in control that do not hear us. They do not care about the will of the people or the popular vote.

I refused to vote in the 2000 election, cause we were given the choice between Gore and Bush. I refused to vote for either one. So, I stopped voting. And how funny, as it turned out, it didnt matter anyway, because Gore won the true American peoples vote. But, the Puppet Masters decided otherwise, and Bush won the electoral vote and was president. (I think they needed a bush to implement their plans).

So here we are again, before the year is over, a voice for the people will emerge. And it appears to me, that by the time we get to vote, the two choices will be, Hillary or Jeb. Two cheeks on the same Butt. I cant in my wildest dreams, believe the final two choices will be Bernie and Trump. I just dont see the people being given those options. I will be surprised if Trump lives another year. He is saying stuff that will get him killed.

Now they might decide to throw a bone to the people and make it a Killary/Trump or a Jeb/Bernie But, it will not matter as long as they still have the ability to rig the end game. The Electoral College. But, by now, Ive realized they only let us vote, to spread responsibility for the mess they make on the people by allowing a mock voting procedure, that is really only meant to entertain us, and distract us.

This would almost be funny, if life and death didnt hang in the balance. We need our Grid protected, we need stiffer vetting of the refugees, Our borders contained, our infrastructure and food and water supplies protected. Not to mention, we all know American leadership is responsible for millions of deaths in the ME through their greed and warmongering. While selling war to us under the name of spreading democracy and protecting the world. Im sick of the waste of time and energy distracting us with more useless gun legislation when we have so many more important issues at hand. Like Like Global Warming. lol

If things stay the same we are screwed. Its never to late to stop the madness. I have no peaceful answers and that truly scares me. I am worried about where this is all going. I think the whole political arena has been created as a distraction. Its designed to make us believe that we actually vote these people in office. I want to vote, but if it comes down to "bad" or "worse", I can only vote, by not voting.

Recipe for wienie water soup: Boil some hot dogs in a pan of water, remove hot dogs. Walla- Wienie Water Soup.

Thank you for listening to me spew my own soup.

Here is an interesting link about the electoral college. I dont have an agenda to stop the electoral college, its just a random grab off the web I thought was interesting.

www.fairvote.org... From their article:

Presidency can be won without a majority of the popular vote
As the 2000 election demonstrated, it is possible for a president to be elected without winning the popular vote. Nor was the Bush/Gore election the first time a presidential candidate has won the presidency while someone else claimed a plurality of the votes cast. Andrew Jackson and Samuel Tilden won the popular vote in 1824 and 1876 respectively, only to see someone else walk into the White House.
As an even more common occurrence is for a presidential candidate to win both the presidency and the popular vote without actually winning a majority of all ballots cast. This has happened 16 times since the founding of the Electoral College, most recently in 2000. In every one of the elections, more than half of the voters voted against the candidate who was elected.
With such a winner-take-all system, it is impossible to tell which candidate the people really prefer, especially in a close race

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

The decisions we make will effect not only us, but a huge portion of the world as well.

I'm sorry but what is with Americans and defining their politics as so consequential to the stability of the world? American politics are mockery of the democratic system and the free world. Contrary to popular delusions, the world doesn't hang at every breath and action that America makes, other countries have their own problems to worry about and do not ALWAYS require the assistance of the world police to solve them fortunately.
edit on 7-12-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: ETA

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

I add the whole world part, because it seems like who ever controls the US is hell bent on trying to control the world. At the very least create havoc and over throw other nations. Thats why it matters, our warmongering military has created a lot of problems in the world.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
we need stiffer vetting of the refugees

America currently has the stiffest vetting of the refugees. Last I heard, if you were coming form the middle east and wanted into the US as a refugee, you needed to get approved by some lads over at the FBI or CIA.

That aside, if everyone had the same mentality as you, entire polls could be changed by a couple of votes. Not that it would matter anyway with the corrupt system the US runs off of, but its nice to know that if you get enough people on your side of the opinion that you might be able to sway the pols enough so they can't rig it, without it being painfully obvious.

originally posted by: misskat1refused to vote in the 2000 election, cause we were given the choice between Gore and Bush. I refused to vote for either one. So, I stopped voting. And how funny, as it turned out, it didnt matter anyway, because Gore won the true American peoples vote. But, the Puppet Masters decided otherwise, and Bush won the electoral vote and was president. (I think they needed a bush to implement their plans).

That vote was so close there is a extremely high chance that they did rig it, and then just used the electoral college system to justify putting Bush in office. It really needs a overhaul, although I doubt it would bring anything, and as you said, the US has better things to worry about.

Such as dealing with the proxy war they started in syria, which then blew up in their faces so that they need to deal with their "solution" to Assad's regime more than they need to actually overthrow the bugger.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I agree Hillary will be ramrodded...into the Democrat nomination over Sanders.
But, Bush is the incredible shrinking candidate on the Republican side.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

With such a winner-take-all system, it is impossible to tell which candidate the people really prefer, especially in a close race

Pretty much sums up the problems. First, the US political system is entirely broken relative to who gets promoted to be a candidate and second, the US electoral system is entirely broken in terms of the fact that a significant portion of the voting public isn't intellectually qualified to cast a vote.

As things stand at the moment, I crap on the US election system; its a total crock and I'd protest it if I thought that would do any good.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Always vote!

Even if presidential elections seem rigged, that still leaves State & local elections. Some local elections are won or lost by dozens or hundreds of votes. Your vote matters there!

Also, you can bet that the big wigs & insiders are still going to vote in State, federal, and local elections. So even if your vote doesn't "count" (like a Dem in a heavily Repub district or vice versa), still vote. Because then you can have the personal satisfaction of nullifying your opponent's vote! LOL Someone once tried to convince me not to vote & why my favorite candidate at the time sucked. I told them that if they didn't back off, I'd intentionally vote against everyone they supported just to nullify their efforts. It worked

And most important, vote for 3rd party candidates. No party or candidate is entitled to our votes. And 3rd parties can only qualify for federal matching funds if they receive specific percentages of votes in the previous election cycles (not sure if they have to have that percentage nationally or for a specific district). so if you don't like any of the popular candidates, use your vote to help independent candidates.

Edit to add: The first time I was able to vote was in 2000. I didn't trust Bush & I didn't trust Lieberman (Gore's VP). So I voted for Ralph Nader. So no, we did have a choice in 2000 other than Bush & Gore.
edit on 7-12-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I do vote in the local elections. But another problem we face in California is that most of our population is in the bottom part of the state, so up where I live in N. California we have very little representation. Which is why there is a movement to split the state in two and make the State of Jefferson.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Pretty much sums up the problems. First, the US political system is entirely broken relative to who gets promoted to be a candidate and second, the US electoral system is entirely broken in terms of the fact that a significant portion of the voting public isn't intellectually qualified to cast a vote.

As things stand at the moment, I crap on the US election system; its a total crock and I'd protest it if I thought that would do any good.

Huh? The whole point of a democracy is that citizens get to choose their leadership. If only "intellectually qualified" citizens got to vote, who would that entail? Political & business insiders? People with access to classified materials? Because those are the only people who are truly "intellectually qualified" on these subjects. Everyone else is getting only small parts of the story. And this is true for every democracy, not just in the US.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Sorry to break it to you, not at Yankee patriot scumbag like you may think, we do control a big portion of the world and our elections do impact a large portion of the world economically and militarily. I mean you don't have to pay attention to our elections but it will impact you in some way weather you realize it or not

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

I do vote in the local elections. But another problem we face in California is that most of our population is in the bottom part of the state, so up where I live in N. California we have very little representation. Which is why there is a movement to split the state in two and make the State of Jefferson.

You can always vote for independent candidates who support that cause. Just use the "write in" option & write in the name of a candidate, (assuming they're not already on the ballot).

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Just use the "write in" option & write in the name of a candidate

I've done that quite a few times. Unfortunately the voting machines in my state make that a serious PIA.

I usually don't have a specific quasi-candidate to write-in. So, I use my standard protest write-in candidate: Kinky Friedman. I like him because he made one of the most memorable political statements I have ever heard: "I support gay marriage. I believe they have a right to be as miserable as the rest of us."

-dex

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

In many respects I agree with what you are saying. However, I would recommend that you always exercise the right and responsibility of voting. Even if your vote could be considered meaningless in the outcome of a specific election, I feel strongly about voting in any event.

In the 2016 election cycle I find no one that I feel comfortable with as a candidate. In fact as I write this post I'm feeling a distinct nausea forming in the pit of my stomach as I review the possible candidates. I currently plan to show up at the polls in a hazmat suit as a protest. I want to demonstrate that I feel dirty and violated by having to push the button next to one of the names of these criminals.

-dex

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Huh? The whole point of a democracy is that citizens get to choose their leadership.

Yea, and when you have a significant portion of the population so intellectually impaired that they show up to vote with their drool buckets around their necks and can barely read or write, you get the results we see in the US.

The entire process is a cursed joke from Hell!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Huh? The whole point of a democracy is that citizens get to choose their leadership.

Yea, and when you have a significant portion of the population so intellectually impaired that they show up to vote with their drool buckets around their necks and can barely read or write, you get the results we see in the US.

The entire process is a cursed joke from Hell!

So only the "elites" should vote? We should go back to the times when only wealthy men had a say? Because that's how America started. What about that whole "no taxation without representation" thing? Or do we no longer care about that?

Also, I don't believe you about the "they show up to vote with their drool buckets around their necks and can barely read or write" part. Can you show me some links of that? Or do you mean people who are actually diagnosed as mentally or physically handicapped?

new topics

top topics

join