It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Muslims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I am going to try my best and explain my point here. This is a subject I can't quite nail down in my own mind but i feel it is important to me as an American. So, I am an Italian American, and if the president and the media referred to Italians over and over but left out the American part, I would be insulted. Why, you ask? Well besides the fact that I am a #ing American and just happen to be of Italian descent, they are still not properly addressing the proper parties in this war. Their is an international threat sending its soldiers here to America. Obama even promotes how many times we caught their soldiers coming here and we caught them before they can kill anyone. Now there's so many that we are not able to catch them all apparently. So, this HAS BEEN a War and we just got hit. So why the hell are we not properly addressing who is who?

Now, I'm assuming some of you are saying Muslim isn't a country so the proper English is off a little here, but I would like to omit this from this argument and not waste time on semantics.

Every time I hear the media or the president say the word Muslim, it really pisses me off. I have no idea who the # they are addressing! As if they are talking to Muslims all over the world. And I am not going assume who they are addressing, because when you assume you make an ass of Uma Thurman.

Americans may have allies, but we don't give a # what Muslims in other countries are doing. American Muslims care about Americans, and Americans are fine with other Americans. Even if I can please speak on the behalf of the truly ignorant, racist, stereo typically Americans in this country. If you were to ask them about American Muslims, they would say taxi drivers, doctors, and quickie mart owners. But if you ask them about Arabian Muslims, they would say Oil money, terrorists, etc, etc.

This all pisses me off because were at WAR. The enemy has been sending soldiers. We need to UNITE.

American Muslims have a big job ahead of them. They have to weed out these psychos from their ranks. They also need to figure out why this is happening to their religion worldwide so they can make sure it doesn't spread far into America. Arabian Muslims have an even bigger problem. Our enemy is actually taking over their land! And there's 105 Million radicals worldwide, so most of them are in the Arabian Muslims backyard. So why the hell are pundits and leaders only addressing Muslims as a whole when they are addressing Americans? Obviously there is a huge difference between Americans and International Muslims. Either this is some sort of agenda or a gaping hole in logic. I cant seem to figure it out.

Quick Example. I have an older neighbor I talk to from time to time and my neighbor was telling me about this Muslim American at their job and this Muslim American was going on and on about his new gun. And she said hes a nice guy and has a family but maybe he's a terrorist. So I asked her... so hes a nice guy? works everyday? has a family? and loves guns... And she said Yes. And I said, SOUNDS LIKE HE IS A #ING AMERICAN MAN TO ME! I can appreciate how well the founding fathers wrote our countries charter, but Americans in 2015 want a job, beer, freedom, guns, and a safe place to raise their families and a man cave or carpeted basement. Obviously this includes MUSLIM AMERICANS. They are here for the same reason as all Americans.

I can go on and on, but as you can see I am not totally able to articulate my frustration over this. Maybe this deserves more than a rant post, but I don't want to grandstand. I just feel it's an important note, maybe even some critical advice to our pundits and leaders. I know they read ATS, hopefully they will make a note of what is being presented here. I would like to think I speak for ALL AMERICANS on this point.
edit on 6-12-2015 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Uma Thurman could do with some ass.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

I agree with you.

The terrorist profile shouldn't be Muslim it should be 'of Arab descent'. It isn't like these nut jobs are coming from non-Arab Muslim countries.

The terrorists have been nearly 100% of Arab descent as much as Muslim.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Exactly! its just the way it is, there is no argument on where these people are from. But none of our pundits and even the president dont make distinctions, they just say Muslims, as if the world has no boundaries..HUH! OMG! THEY ARE THE NWO! lol but seriously I think it's wanting sensational headlines and some ill guided logic, i think it needs to be addressed. THAT is whats insulting to Muslim Americans, not this other # they think would be an insult. Any American would be insulted if you only address them by their country or area or creed of origin.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes

I am going to try my best and explain my point here. This is a subject I can't quite nail down in my own mind but i feel it is important to me as an American. So, I am an Italian American, and if the president and the media referred to Italians over and over but left out the American part, I would be insulted. Why, you ask? Well besides the fact that I am a #ing American and just happen to be of Italian descent, they are still not properly addressing the proper parties in this war. Their is an international threat sending its soldiers here to America. Obama even promotes how many times we caught their soldiers coming here and we caught them before they can kill anyone. Now there's so many that we are not able to catch them all apparently. So, this HAS BEEN a War and we just got hit. So why the hell are we not properly addressing who is who?

Now, I'm assuming some of you are saying Muslim isn't a country so the proper English is off a little here, but I would like to omit this from this argument and not waste time on semantics.

The crux of the matter is that being a Muslim is not any particular

*nationality* it is a religion imbedded in a culture, which originated

in the middle east and spread out from there. And like all religions

there are those who follow it loosely and others who 'live it' to the *T*

You are an American of Italian extraction (like Frank Sinatra? Lol!!)

So you are probably Catholic? Most Muslims (except converts) whether

citizens of country or not retain their culture/religion and don't intergrate

into the country to which they immigrated.

Where as most people identify with their country as you did. The

Muslim identifies with their religion/culture, which makes it very

difficult to separate and pin point (the enemy?) and through out

history the aim of the staunch Muslim is to have a world caliphate

of Muslims.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Arabs have always been a violent race.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I know what you mean. America seems to do this a lot, like calling black people "African Americans" rather than just "Americans", which I've always found weird, seeing as most people of African descent who live in the US have never set foot in Africa, and have been living in the US for generations. Not to mention, it excludes all black people who are not of African descent, and who are of African descent, but not American (i.e., visitors from Africa, or British/European black people etc).

Calling Muslims who live in America "Muslim-American" is nonsensical, and seems to actually further segregate them. I mean, you never hear "Jewish-American" or "Hindu-American" or whatever. I'm from Russia - if I went to live in America would I be called "Russian-American"? No-one has ever called me "Russian-Australian".

Using such terms only isolates certain groups of people. If someone settles permanently in the US, or Australia, or wherever, and gets their citizenship etc, surely they should simply be referred to as American, or Australian, or whatever.

I think it's because countries like the US and Australia were created into the nations they are now by European immigrants, so if we exclude Native Americans and Australian Aborigines for the moment, there is no indigenous ethnicity, so people tend to be referred to as whatever ethnicity their ancestors were.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeffKong
Arabs have always been a violent race.

The USA is not ? I would posit that the USA is the most ultra violent nation to have ever existed. No other country has started as many wars and nuked a population.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I appreciate your response, but this is the semantics I felt really didn't change this observation and wanted to omit.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepThoughtCriminal
I know what you mean. America seems to do this a lot, like calling black people "African Americans" rather than just "Americans", which I've always found weird, seeing as most people of African descent who live in the US have never set foot in Africa, and have been living in the US for generations. Not to mention, it excludes all black people who are not of African descent, and who are of African descent, but not American (i.e., visitors from Africa, or British/European black people etc).

Calling Muslims who live in America "Muslim-American" is nonsensical, and seems to actually further segregate them. I mean, you never hear "Jewish-American" or "Hindu-American" or whatever. I'm from Russia - if I went to live in America would I be called "Russian-American"? No-one has ever called me "Russian-Australian".

Using such terms only isolates certain groups of people. If someone settles permanently in the US, or Australia, or wherever, and gets their citizenship etc, surely they should simply be referred to as American, or Australian, or whatever.

I think it's because countries like the US and Australia were created into the nations they are now by European immigrants, so if we exclude Native Americans and Australian Aborigines for the moment, there is no indigenous ethnicity, so people tend to be referred to as whatever ethnicity their ancestors were.

Well let me tell you, I think being called an Italian American is great bc its cool to give some credence to my Ancestry, and that's how most other Italian Americans feel as well. Like I said it would just be insulting to not include the American part over and over. Addressing people properly just makes sense. Plus Muslim have no reason to not be prideful of the background, outside of jihadists, just like Italian Americans have alot of pride, except for the whole MOB situation. So if its wrong to call them Muslim Americans, then it would be wrong to call me and Italian American, Again an insult in my eyes.

Bottom Line. There's Muslim Americans and Arabian Muslims. If we are talking about the enemy, they are Arabian Muslims. Not to say all Arabian Muslims overseas are trying to go to war with us, but we are still fighting radical groups of Arabian Muslims.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
At this point, if the language goes from Muslims in general to Sharia Law, we really have something tangible to attack that isn't racist and doesn't affect moderate Muslims. If you want Sharia Law, you need to stay in your country. If we continue to get attacks from anyone following Sharia Law, were going to identify those countries and cut ties. We may have to attack eventually, but as soon as USA money goes bye bye, they get weak real quick. And well see how much of the world is approving of countries run by Sharia Law. SO the language is evolving and it looks like well have a solid target that can't hide. Only took 20 some odd years... geez

new topics

top topics

join