It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition started to pass suicide vest control laws

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well, that should fix the problem. www.guns.com...
I am sharing this, cause we need a good laugh. Im amazed at how out of touch people are. Even I could make one in a jiffy.

The San Bernardino Killers had a couple of legal weapons, the rest were illegal. If they were all illegal, would that have changed the outcome of the attack. Not just no, but Hell no! Are people really this dumb?

From the article:

Democrats fall all over one another rushing to demand new gun-control laws every time a criminal (usually a liberal) uses a gun to commit a crime. But what about suicide vests? Surely Democrats are concerned about the much greater potential for harm that these horrible devices pose? Yet, we’ve heard nary a peep from them about Suicide Vest Control,” reads the petition urging immediate action to correct this apparent slip-up in the war on terror, both international and domestic.

Sounds like a case of since gun buybacks work so well maybe we should start them for crack and heroin too in an effort to win the war on drugs.

ATTENTION PLEASE:
Posting work written by others - Please read.

edit on 12/6/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Okay, got it. Next time I spot someone wearing a suicide vest.

Famous last words. "Hey, thats illegal."

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Be prepared for this:
So if a law doesn't work, should we get rid of all the laws.

I know. I agree with your post, but this is the crap ass response you will get.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Hey you never know, you might save the world. lol

Butcher guy,

I personally think Less is more where the laws are concerned. Too many laws just plug up common sense. Im sure I will get a load of happy bloggers on that statement. lol

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

From your link:

The petition, likely more political commentary rather than genuine, has 11 supporters as of Thursday afternoon.

They have 244 signatures now...

I agree with you that more laws aren't going to help, but using this stupid article to shame Democrats is... well... stupid.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I know, I was trying to be funny. I only reposted the article and my intent wasnt to shame democrats. I would have made fun even if it would have been a republican, tea party, libertarian or a constitutionalist. Dumb is dumb no matter whose court the ball is in.
edit on 6-12-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2015 by misskat1 because: Added to my reply.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
There was a person hurt in a terrorist attack in a London tube station with a machete. We need machete and knife control now!

Is it really right that somebody can walk into any supermarket, department store or hardware shop, buy one or more dozen sharp kitchen knives with blades over 12" long without any oversight as to whether they really are going to be using them for food preparation or for nefarious purposes? This loophole could be solved if we have a national kitchenware approval board to determine whether or not somebody really needs a sharp blade. The person fills in a form, available both online and by post, submits it along with suitable ID, and then within 24 hours, a purchase approval certificate is sent back. This is taken to any supplier and the relevant items purchased or delivered by post. This would truly make the country a far safer place.

edit on 6-12-2015 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

From your link:

The petition, likely more political commentary rather than genuine, has 11 supporters as of Thursday afternoon.

They have 244 signatures now...

I agree with you that more laws aren't going to help, but using this stupid article to shame Democrats is... well... stupid.

I was just about to post something similar.

Stupid is an accurate description as this stupid piece was written for stupid people. Their last comment is quite fitting.

Hey, they see me trollin…

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Where's the petition to ban micro aggression? Terrorists hurt my feelings and offended me.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Look, it's a dumb petition because making and/or possessing unregistered explosive devices is already illegal in this country.

And yes it does matter whether or not the gun purchases were legal because it allows us to go after those making the illegal sales and shut them down.

It might not change what already happened, but every time we shut down another illegal source of guns, it lessens, however slightly, the chance that the same thing will happen again.

It also allows the victims of gun violence another avenue to seek compensation for their suffering that was the result of an illegal gun sale.

I find it quite odd that in most cases, the very people who want to remove all barriers to gun ownership are the same ones building barriers to prevent women's access to abortions, despite the fact that both are legal acts.

How about we make guns as hard to get as abortions?

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Your graphic is slightly ironic. Yes Meth is sold in stores. Its brand name is Desoxyn. There are a few million prescriptions for it every year.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
We need to ban them in order to start the buy back program. Once people realize how dangerous their suicide vest are they will eagerly turn them in I'm sure. Besides that think of the valuable tool you give the suicide bomber prevention hotline when they can offer a safe alternative to blowing yourself up in public. Kudos to this forward thinking Petition.

Some funny comments in the petition link.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

This should work..

Nothing stops a suicide bomber like the threat of going to jail.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Suicide vests. Um for real?

Most suicide bombers use backpacks. Should we ban those too?

Neo mentioned this in my thread, i think, if it's body armor they mean. Or fishing vests. Or fanny packs. Or whatever.

Washington, D.C. – A new piece of legislation was introduced in the House of Representatives, H. R. 378, labeled the Responsible Body Armor Possession Act, which if enacted would deprive law abiding citizens of another means of self defense. Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

Where you can sell body armor:
1. You can sell body armor to any person in a face-to-face transaction. No ID or background check is required and no special record keeping is needed.
2. You can ship body armor to 49 states. Sales to customers in Connecticut can only be done via face-to-face transaction.
3. You can sell body armor via a store, gun show, website, via the phone or catalog.

Where you cannot sell body armor:
1. You cannot sell body armor to Connecticut via the mail.
2. You cannot ship, take, bring, or send body armor outside the USA without Federal permission.

[Link]

Seems someone may have taken this too seriously: In The Know: New Iraqi Law Requires Waiting Period For Suicide Vest Purchases

edit on 12/6/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Ive heard people say they would rather die than go to jail. Maybe that explains why they commit suicide. (sarcastic)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I saw the humor in your post. Sadly, everyone gets their feathers ruffled over EVERYTHING any more. Personally calling somebody's post stupid is a worse offense to me. /Shrug

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

Your graphic is slightly ironic. Yes Meth is sold in stores. Its brand name is Desoxyn. There are a few million prescriptions for it every year.

Heroin should have been used instead.
A doctor can't prescribe it and it isn't available in the US legally. But you can buy it down on the corner.
A war against illegal guns would have similar results to the war on drugs.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Desoxyn is a controlled substance, and requires a prescription. It isnt over the counter, so no you cant just go get it at the store.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Im pretty sure Oxycontin is synthetic Heroin. novusdetox.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

What I know about it is that is most similar chemically to codeine. Codeine is available by prescription.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join