It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trusting in your intuition and dreams?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
hello there. so i am wondering if it is a good idea to trust in your dreams if you keep receiving the same message over and over?

for instance if it pertains to a sensitive issue such as molestation...even if you have no recollection of any such event occurring but see indications of such in a dream that surface is it ok to trust that the universe is revealing the truth to you?

or is it just a thought drummed up by your own conscious thinking to tell yourself what you want to hear so to speak?

where do you draw the line between actual messages from the universe and things that you tell yourself to believe.

please share your thoughts. thanks.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

Absolutely! It's what most effective psychics do, they channel the raw 'stream of conciousness' ie the moment u tell them ur date of birth or whatever.

The problem with listening to the voices over your shoulder is that sometimes its not ur guardian angel (or passed on loved one) but rather some darker.

A good test is always what will acting on that intuition/dream bring about? Possible productive discovery/confirmation? Or someone being hurt??

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Some people repress their memories from traumatic experiences and instead create whole new persona's that cover the pain of the previous experience. Maybe something happened to you, or you witnessed something you really shouldn't have and this is causing it to break through your psyche whilst you're conscious mind's walls aren't up?

You wont know this until you get professional help - for the love of GOD not from some hippy dippy psychic either. Get some real counselling, preferably someone experienced in trauma based therapy.

Just please, don't go to a psychic, or let people tell you this is some psychic awakening, because they will..... Believe me they will try.... It's.....Like.... Guaranteed.

ahhhahahahahaha had to add the edit, I TOLD YOU someone would say it's a psychic weakening, hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Priceless. Why yu so predtbl ATS
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Dont forget that dreams are often glimpses into a parallel universe; our souls are not necessarily restricted to existing in only one universe/life at a time

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mandelaeffect

Here's a test for you.

Tell me 5 things about me that only I would know please. Get your spirit friend to help you. I'm serious, if you can I'll give credence to you.

If you can't, stop talking such tripe.

"our souls are not necessarily restricted to existing in only one universe/life at a time" What???? WHAT???? Are you high right now?

I'm not trying to be offensive here but you've just made an absolutely insane, off the wall remark, with LITERALLY NO evidence whatsoever to back you up. You just plucked that from some YouTube addled thought chain didn't you, all those new age videos? Come on...... Hahaha, it'd be funnier if it wasn't so heart breakingly false.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mandelaeffect
Dont forget that dreams are often glimpses into a parallel universe; our souls are not necessarily restricted to existing in only one universe/life at a time

yes agreed i have been exploring this idea for some time now. thank you for adding your thoughts so far.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Absolutely not. Dreams are only remnants.

Intuition is quite different than dreams, but intuition is worth applying to reason. However, it is not to be trusted as anything near to fact, but as an indicator of bodily responses. The body is evolved enough to offer insights from many angles towards different probabilities, reason and intuition included, and both be applied.

link   
Like I said, channeling 'stream of conscious' is what most effective psychics do.

Someone is mixing up memory regression with mere dreams and intuition.

link   

Yes that's right, forget my post with some very real and very sound advice, with empirical evidences to show for it and listen to the guy who thinks we all live on many dimensions, whooooo spooky talk.

"Dreams are often glimpses into a parallel universe" WTF? How do you know? How the bloody hell do you know that?

This is just infuriating.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
if it was just dreams by themselves, you could study dream analysis and possibly learn some things about yourself that may have nothing to do with any sexual experience at all (dreams are weird, but they DO serve a psychological function, helping regulate your mind... promoting homeostasis of the brain, if you will). it takes years to learn to understand even half of your dreams.

HOWEVER, if there are emotional reactions and behaviors in your waking life that also point to some form of sexual trauma, that's enough to seek help from a qualified counselor. many areas have places that offer free counseling to victims. a high percentage of people who suffer from childhood abuse block the memories, so it's common for survivors to have difficulty remembering events, so no one will deny you help based on a lack of memory. they can help you figure out what you want to do and how to help you move forward in your life.

DO NOT do some sort of hypnosis to bring up repressed memories. these techniques are just as likely to create false memories as they are to unearth real memories.

hope this helps!! best of luck to you.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
To further add, a dream recurring 'over and over' could be providing hints at what you in this dimension/universe are spiritually ready to resolve in your collective karma.

We tend to communicate with the rest of our soul and the science is so very much there: QUANTUM PHYSICS

[yvid]_zo9bdRyv-s/yvid]

It's complicated; we're DYNAMIC!

It should be noted that most psychological counselors and therapists hold an MA rather than MS (food for thought)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotheramethyst

DO NOT do some sort of hypnosis to bring up repressed memories. these techniques are just as likely to create false memories as they are to unearth real memories. .

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yes. The only time I trust a dream is when what is told to me is directly relevant (obviously so) and or directly and clearly an obvious message--or if what was said in the dream ends up coming true. Obviously, the number of dreams I've had direct, clear, and obvious answers are fairly small. I have had many that end up coming true in one way or another. I've had one (that I can think of right now) that ended up being very true. It was a warning dream where I was directly warned that I was going to be attacked. And then my mom was diagnosed with cancer, then my hair fell out--and the year of hades that was last year began

So it's not like it was anything more than a heads-up. I was powerless to change that situation regardless of if I was warned beforehand or not.

Therefore no, trusting in your gut alone will eventually lead you badly astray.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Nova's 'What are Dreams?' was another awesome episode, very scientific (rather than art of therapy, etc) approach to understanding what our dreams might be based on very scientific research:

Quantum Leaps shows us the scientific possiblity that we may jump universes, communicate with nearby other parallels of ourselves, even wake up in a whole different universe/dimension every day (thats just ever so slightly different):

^my fave Nova episode! life sure is dynamic and awesome, despite whatever it (or others) throw at us!!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

We can change situations. Moving something from one place to another is proof of that. The question is whether one should act or not, and in what manner. Impulse and intuition doesn't provide an answer unless in cases where there is no time to do otherwise.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If you are having a recurring dream that someone close to you molested you I'd be VERY careful about acting on this "information". Yes, it could be a repressed memory trying to surface. Or it could be a repressed feeling of fear manifesting itself in your dreams.

I believe it is possible to see future events via dreams but the chance of that happening is beyond tiny. Dreams are just the mind processing data that accumulated in a day. Things you see and hear, thoughts and feeling etc. That's why there would be a higher proportion of "Apocalypse" type dreams among ATS members as they are reading about it all day.

I can't imagine the pain caused by someone accusing a family member of sexual abuse due to a dream they had. That's how lives and families are destroyed.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Intuition and instincts are one thing. I have learned to at least pay some attention to my intuition. Dreams are another matter. I would not take dreams too seriously, as they're too ambiguous to really get a fix on. A dream could mean literally anything.

Intuition on the other hand, I have found is often a valuable thing. I can't think of a specific example right now but I know there have been many times in my life when I just had a gut feeling about something but didn't realize it until I found out what happened later.

For example, if someone seems shady to you at first glance, you should probably be cautious around them. Or if a situation just seems wrong, proceed with caution.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm thinking this "Spiritual Journey" has no relations in Life.

It's pure "Craziness".

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Take a walk on the wild side....

Go to a Tarot reader, get out the old Ouija board, just be strong in your faith....

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You have a point.

Well I guess, the "Ugly truth" is then, "'Spiritual Journey' will only do you harm than good".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join