It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin is within weeks of complete control of all ME oil.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Besides, Obama would pull all the navy out of missile range. Apparently, U.S. airstrikes are 'on hold' even now...

No they are not on hold. The Coalition air strikes in Syria continue. Where do these rumours start?

www.theguardian.com...

I believe it was U.S. air strikes. Not 'coalition'.

Here's the source:

www.rt.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

Besides, Obama would pull all the navy out of missile range. Apparently, U.S. airstrikes are 'on hold' even now...

No they are not on hold. The Coalition air strikes in Syria continue. Where do these rumours start?

www.theguardian.com...

I believe it was U.S. air strikes. Not 'coalition'.

Here's the source:

www.rt.com...

It is an Russian media hit-piece designed to give the impression that the S-400s have stopped US Coalition air strikes. Many die-hard conspiracy theorists will not read past the headline. They will still be puzzling in months to come when the Coalition is still carrying out air strikes in Syria and they will still be linking back to that article and how the Russians have stopped the Coalition.

A spokesperson of the Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve (CJTF-OIR) told Sputnik on Friday that the absence of anti-IS coalition airstrikes “has nothing to do with the S400 deployment” in Syria.

See from 1:00 Col. Steven Warren 2nd December.

I can confirm Russias S-400 air defence missiles are in Syria and they are operational .... we assess no change in Russian intent towards Coalition aircraft and we expect Russia will continue to abide by the Memorandum of Understanding.

edit on 6/12/2015 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Some anti aircraft weapons and 150,000 men would barely be able to prop up Assad much less control anything around them. They would simply be swallowed up by the conflict. It would require the Russia Navy to even try such a thing and it is far to small and old to have a chance. Russia is already over extended and with popular unrest building it needs a way out of Syria and Ukraine.

Hmmm, the S400s are anti-BM capable as well as, I've seen posted, anti-carrier capable.

150,000 that aren't bound by insane ROEs and air supremacy? Really? it took less than 200 on the ground, with air support, to clean all the Taliban out of Afghanistan in the first place.

Add in Assad's support and troops...? Isis departs to easier pickings almost overnight.

The S400 are only of use if they are not being jammed. And I will leave it at that. And 150,000 one year conscripts would pretty much just sit on the defensive. The Russia professional forces are massively over extended because their are so few of leaving poorly trained conscripts. Assad has no loyal troops beyond the Alawites and they have become disillusioned by the entire war. Iran has maxed out and has suffered to many casualties along with Hezbollah because the have to do all the fighting. US air strikes are on going and in fact have been joined the UK as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Some anti aircraft weapons and 150,000 men would barely be able to prop up Assad much less control anything around them. They would simply be swallowed up by the conflict. It would require the Russia Navy to even try such a thing and it is far to small and old to have a chance. Russia is already over extended and with popular unrest building it needs a way out of Syria and Ukraine.

Hmmm, the S400s are anti-BM capable as well as, I've seen posted, anti-carrier capable.

150,000 that aren't bound by insane ROEs and air supremacy? Really? it took less than 200 on the ground, with air support, to clean all the Taliban out of Afghanistan in the first place.

Add in Assad's support and troops...? Isis departs to easier pickings almost overnight.

The S400 are only of use if they are not being jammed. And I will leave it at that. And 150,000 one year conscripts would pretty much just sit on the defensive. The Russia professional forces are massively over extended because their are so few of leaving poorly trained conscripts. Assad has no loyal troops beyond the Alawites and they have become disillusioned by the entire war. Iran has maxed out and has suffered to many casualties along with Hezbollah because the have to do all the fighting. US air strikes are on going and in fact have been joined the UK as well.

Well, that's good news, then. Here's hoping the potential of this 'temptation' is dismissed by Putin. He has shown a track record of taking advantage of an opening....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join