It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look what happens when someone says you are Beautiful

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

You get your butt hauled into Human Resources?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Awwww! *crying*

It is shocking the state of people's self esteem and that if it is really low you can get a very adverse reaction if you hear something positive, like that woman who got all aggressive.

I can't decide whether she was being ironic or aggressive.

Did anyone else think that?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The media constantly tells people are not quite good enough, buying an advertisers product will make you more beautiful or desireable. If people are surrounded by this with that message constantly being pushed, a lot of people are just not used to being told they are beautiful. When humans are just as beautiful as any other naturally occurring event in the universe. Two amazing gems more precious than any precious stoneas eyes on the face. We are all beautiful. There is nothing wrong with you at all.
edit on 5-12-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: heffo7
An older woman passed me in the street the other day and randomly told me how nice I looked. Well, I had just been to the hairdressers ...lol.

I was blown away! How nice! That was a week ago and I'm still thinking what a lovely gesture that was.

We should all take the time to say nice things to each other when we think them. The world would be a much better place.

I try not to be in any of these kind of threads just because of the fact that what I've dealt with in my life is hard to talk about to other people.

I have a friend of mine is in a abusive relationship and you know what I got to hang out with her and told her how beautiful she was and that her spirit is filled and she has a huge heart and she's being held down by a big burden in her relationships with not only her family with her friends and you should've seen her face light up it made my night I'm so glad that I'm not alone in the fight To realize that there are allies out there that support us even the ones that don't do well in life.......

we're on this together
edit on 5-12-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: Grammer

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
With everything that is going on in the World, all the bitterness, polarity and violence. I stumbled upon this class project at Raw Story where the student/photographer/videographer took pictures of things she found beautiful. The reactions made me cry.

Power of good.

You are B. E. A... UTIFULLLLL..!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Well I myself just get sick and tired of it. Tee hee. Kidding folks...

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

It honestly seemed like more a homophobic reaction than one of those girls who don't like compliments. We've all seen tons of both and I'd definitely say it's the former.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Yes, it could have been...

I hadn't even thought of THAT!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

What's interesting about this is they really are beautiful

Portraits have a way of making you see things differently

Love that
edit on 12/5/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
That was awesome. I wish I could give you a hundred stars for posting it.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Thanks OP for sharing this awesome video! I wanted to post it myself, but glad to see someone else did already

and I really like the positive vibe in this thread, which exactly shows how powerful love can be. A really simple gesture like saying a couple of nice words to a person will go a long way. And the good thing is, it doesn't cost us anything, but it can change people's lives!

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Wow, what a cool illustration of how powerful love can be.

Some of the reactions are just priceless...

The transformation of the girl in the CHIARTS T-shirt at 3:30 min. was awesome.

What would happen if the people of ATS began to put this into practice here?

I think that there are a few that actually do come to think of it...

It would be awesome if someone setup a GoFundme page to help her do more of these professionally in the future...

FYI: Watch the 'Validation' video if you haven't yet:

That video I hadn't seen yet up until now. What a fantastic short movie and great addition to this thread, a very true and moving experience. Cheers for that!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The author of the video in the OP (Shea Glover) has created a short behind the scenes video where she talks about why she made the video... (Warning "F" Bomb Alert!!)

"It happened out of the F'n blue... It wasn't really a social experiment, it was literally me just filming beauty. ...so I was just like you know I just got this new camera, I'm feeling really inspired and happy so let me just go film beauty so that's what I did, and halfway through I realized that the reactions were pretty interesting so let me just make a video out of it, so that's how the video was created.

I really do hate that social experiment bull #, thats some vain shallow #... I really do live for the beauty and I find beauty every where and I'm always inspired by it, really... honestly... and thats why I tried to film it because I love film, I love life, and so when I can bring the two of them together, F'n magic man! I'm gonna make more of these videos because I'm really passionate about a lot of topics..."

Watch yer back Ron Fricke...

She also has a couple more incredible videos that are well worth the time...

At the Botanical Gardens in NY... (Check out some of the comments)

At the Japanese art gallery in Chelsea, NY...

A black & white short film about the pressures and troubles of four teenagers...

A family road trip to michigan... (music; clair de lune by debussy)

edit on 6-12-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join