It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look what happens when someone says you are Beautiful

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
With everything that is going on in the World, all the bitterness, polarity and violence. I stumbled upon this class project at Raw Story where the student/photographer/videographer took pictures of things she found beautiful. The reactions made me cry.

Power of good.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Oh, she should be careful - another video taught me that it constitutes harassment to say precisely that!

Well, perhaps the context was different. :-)

Seriously though, they reactions might be lovely, but imagine their off screen reaction when they found out it was just an experiment to see their reaction. That will be hurtful to many of the participants .. it is not like High School is void of insecure people.

It is kind of selfish - or at least thoughtless - to do an experiment like that.

edit on 4-12-2015 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Nice video thanks for sharing.:up

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I can't thank you enough for posting that! Especially with all the ugliness in the world today. It made me cry, too. I'm going to send it to my family.

I didn't see it as an experiment to see their reaction, but rather an illustration of how beautiful we all are, and how much more our beauty shines when someone tells us that we are. It lightens people's spirit to remind them that they are beautiful.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Love it.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
That is why complimenting people is such a powerful tool for sociopaths to manipulate people.

Politicians use this technique all the time.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Although it was a social experiment, I think it's unfair to assume that she didn't truly find them beautiful.
Everyone's idea of beauty is different and that is great. No one should be lonely because they feel inadequate. Someone somewhere is looking for just THAT person.

I am tasked at work, occasionally, with taking photos of the "new hires" for their badges. 99% of the time I must remind them that this "is NOT a mugshot" and it is "okay to smile"!
Often they say (male and female) "I take horrible pictures".
I say, "Come on, you're gorgeous!".
They smile, I count down, and voila!

I must say, I am quite the photographer!
AND, they are all beautiful in their OWN ways!

You can always find beauty if you are willing to look. Look just a little deeper sometimes...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
"I'm gonna cut your face! I'm gonna cut you!"
Damn, she sounded serious.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

That was a sad reaction for me... She just couldn't handle being told she was beautiful.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I think she was serious! LOL
My oldest daughter is quite similar (no violent tendencies, however).

She just cannot accept a compliment graciously...we have worked on that for years!

I think it stems from self doubt, possibly loathing, and deep insecurity...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Great video, S+F

Their reactions seemed genuine so my reaction was genuine as well. As they looked into the camera, it was as if they were looking right at me. I felt their pain and I'm sure others here did to. Hang in there guys and gals, it only gets worse, lol.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
How does anyone know that she was being insincere?

Our reality exist within two fundamental concepts - love and fear. Behold the power of LOVE.

Hit it Huey!!

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Nice project . But for me , it takes more than looks for someone to be a beautiful person. But handing out trophy's to everyone one who even participates seems to be the norm.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this.

Often times I find myself with a viewpoint a tad the left of the norm, seeing others with a notion even if it's briefly makes me smile.

The cynics make me sad. Everything I see has purpose and is beautiful, a part of the painting I am in, how can I not find it amazing and beautiful? I think the "experimenter" means it.

And I find myself wishing they all find happiness and longevity, I hope that doesn't become a crime too.

Quick lock up the "artistic" ...puzzle pieces and all.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Reminds me of the quote "Kind words may short, but their echos truly endless"

I feel sorry for the black girl, who could only be defensive. Makes you wonder about what tough things she has been through. And I also feel sorry for the white boy with no expression, who just said "Oh", with no smile or expression. He looks like a kid who has been teased and put down alot.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I hardly ever get reactions when I see a girl passing by and I call her beautiful.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Thank you OP. This was such a nice detour from the doom and gloom. I felt like she was sincere in her compliments, and found something about each person she thought was beautiful. It isn't hard to do when we try.

"Beauty's where you find it." - Madonna

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
In this politically correct world, I never tell women they are beautiful( even if they are) because you never know how they are going to react.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wow, what a cool illustration of how powerful love can be.

Some of the reactions are just priceless...

The transformation of the girl in the CHIARTS T-shirt at 3:30 min. was awesome.

What would happen if the people of ATS began to put this into practice here?

I think that there are a few that actually do come to think of it...

It would be awesome if someone setup a GoFundme page to help her do more of these professionally in the future...

FYI: Watch the 'Validation' video if you haven't yet:

edit on 4-12-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
An older woman passed me in the street the other day and randomly told me how nice I looked. Well, I had just been to the hairdressers ...lol.

I was blown away! How nice! That was a week ago and I'm still thinking what a lovely gesture that was.

We should all take the time to say nice things to each other when we think them. The world would be a much better place.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join