It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Grants First Golan Heights Oil Drilling License To Dick Cheney-Linked Company

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The truth is coming out. Israel has granted a U.S. company the first license to explore for oil and gas in the occupied Golan Heights.

A local subsidiary of the New York-listed company Genie Energy — which is advised by former vice president Dick Cheney and whose shareholders include Jacob Rothschild and Rupert Murdoch — will now have exclusive rights to a 153-square mile radius in the southern part of the Golan Heights.

That geographic location will likely prove controversial. Israel seized the Golan Heights in the Six-Day War in 1967 and annexed the territory in 1981. Its administration of the area — which is not recognized by international law — has been mostly peaceful until the Syrian civil war broke out 23 months ago.

Yaron Ezrahi, an Israeli political analyst, said:
“This action is mostly political – it’s an attempt to deepen Israeli commitment to the occupied Golan Heights. The timing is directly related to the fact that the Syrian government is dealing with violence and chaos and is not free to deal with this problem.”

FT - source
Global Research - source
edit on 4/12/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

isn't it funny how these things happen, but Cheney sympathizers/deniers will say "correlation does not prove causation", just like with all the Halliburton contracts. But I think a LOT of people know how scummy and corrupt Cheney is

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Oh no......tell me it's not happening..

I always post there's two Israels ...really.....the good one and the one on the other shoulder.....dang....

edit on 4-12-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Wow, what do we have to do to return the favor on this one....

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
All I can say is that the land belongs to Israel and there isn't anything that
can be done about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

That is the type of declarations that leed's this corrupt world to war on a galloping farse called "peace process". Shameful people and leaders who do not practice what they preech. It's a bunch of hypocrits them and those who stand beside this.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

this happened in 2013....

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Much as I hate Cheney, this company is getting good value from his consultant's fees. Israel has de facto control of the area, and by getting international businesses invested there, it can create pressure for it to be accepted de jure.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

And we were thinking there are terrorist's that need to be wiped.

And this was all because of black gold.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco
You're right! For it me was news... I saw it posted just tody on facebook and never thought to see it's date. Nevertheless it gives some insight on what is happening in syria.

Thank you for pointing out that for me.

top topics

join