It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Effective Microrganisms and the Rise in Rabbit Fever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The CDC put out a report that there is a rise in rabbit fever, Francisella Tularensis is a bacteria naturally found in the gut of rabbits, it is also found on plants naturally but at times once it enters the lungs of rabbits it makes them sick. The bites from biting flies and ticks can also spread the disease. So if Rabbits visit your lawn then urinate and defecate. This is one way the bacteria is spread and you can get into your lungs when you mow the lawn or pull weeds.

Rise in Rabbit Fever

Earlier on ATS I posted a thread that has since been removed because I had the same into on another site. It was based on observations of the over use of Effective Micro Organisms One Million or EM1. One of the points I made was that as people try and find organic ways to condition the soil for their small farm plots they use different manures. I mentioned that the use of Rabbit dung in personal Composting piles would add additional bacteria that could eventually cause problems for people and we would see a rise in certain illnesses and the like because of the over use of EM1. Not sure yet how this plays into the role in the north mountain and western States situation but bares watching.

Dr Higa the inventor of EM1 said that unless you use all seven of his formulas you could never guarantee and perfect balance. His formulas were never tested outside of the laboratory before being approved by the FDA for us in the 1970's. One of the experiments that has never been tested is the over use of these formulas. The over use causes the bacterial levels in the composting pile to go way beyond natural levels and adding bacteria from Cow, Pig, Chicken, Rabbits and goats to the mixture also add bacterias not found naturally, and the levels of bacteria go into the Billions. Prior to the third Antibiotic stage that the compost soil will reach, there is too much bacteria in the mix and not enough food or reproductive bacteria for all the bacteria t survive and reproduce properly. So quite a few of these types of these billions of bacteria go Dormant before the Antibiotic stage is reached so once it does take place the dormant bacteria are unaffected by the Antibiotic stage and become anti-biotic resistant.

I think we will see a rise in these in nature and in our farm lands as more and more people and companies (like Monsanto, Scott, etc) use these so called natural fertilizers in their products and fields. We have already seen a rise in antibiotic resistant Pneumonia because Streptococci bacteria in natural to all soil and has become resistant to certain antibiotics over the years that once were effective against it.

Lets keep an eye open for more reports like these from the CDC.

edit on 4-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

When I gardened I made a ton of compost, animal dung is a prime ingredient. Thats the yeast…

if done properly, compost is sterile because of the heat generated within the pile. The key to thoroughly cooking it is making sure its turned often and thoroughly.

Besides, we don't eat the compost, just the vegetables grown with it.

Is this a petro chemical fertilizer ad?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

no not an add

and compost done the right way is great but no everyone does it correctly and are looking for quick ways instant compost like you just add water and bam, compost.

My whole thing is less is best not millions or billions. the old fashion way with no added bacteria is far better.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I made two square bins out of old fence boards next to each other. Fill one with yard detrus seeded with manure, grass clippings, shredding all the material as it goes in. Then wet with a hose, cover and let it heat up. Inner temps can reach hundred and fifty degrees.

After a few days, turn by forking it into the other bin, cover and let cook again. When its done, its cool, moist and brown, the material unrecognizable from when they went in.

Thats some good plant food. It has all the nutrients growing plants need. Cover ground to be planted with four inches of the stuff and turn in before winter. Let it sit until spring, turn again and plant. Mulch plants with handfuls during the growing season. I never had pests, worms or blight on any vegetables I grew.

Good soil preparation and fertilizer provides plants with all they need to repel pests on their own. 'Organic' gardening doesn't require any chemical fertilizer or insecticide.

Sorry for the off topic, just miss the days of self reliance.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
No it was perfectly relevant

new topics

top topics

join